Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #265
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
With you, but the unfortunate reality is that there is always that one guy who has to try to game the system. We dream of a day where we can just pop in the game and play as a group without having to monitor a whole lot.

I’m confused as to what’s being criticized. That one could set their scheme in the coach settings to 3-4 or 4-3 to gain XP but in practice use a defensive playbook that doesn’t match scheme?

If that’s the case, there’s already a baked in penalty - the players shouldn’t theoretically be performing as well as they should because the playbook doesn’t match their strengths.

Maybe I don’t understand what’s being said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #266
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
I’m confused as to what’s being criticized. That one could set their scheme in the coach settings to 3-4 or 4-3 to gain XP but in practice use a defensive playbook that doesn’t match scheme?

If that’s the case, there’s already a baked in penalty - the players shouldn’t theoretically be performing as well as they should because the playbook doesn’t match their strengths.

Maybe I don’t understand what’s being said.
No, that's not the issue I'm referring to. The issue is this:

There is an xp bonus given to players who fit the scheme. However, there is no penalty for players who do NOT fit the scheme. There is nothing stopping the user from changing the scheme at any time to give players XP bonuses that would not have gotten them in the original scheme. It is a way to game the system to develop young guys faster than they would have since they may not fit the scheme selected by the user.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #267
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
A toggle for something like this should not take much Q&A time at all. It shouldn't take a log of development time. If it would take Q&A a significant time to test something like this, then the way I would describe their performance would violate the OS TOS.
Doesn't need to be significant time. Time is a resource and the time spent has to be justified. The benefit gained from adding such an option pushes this very far down the list of priorities.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #268
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I’ve asked this same question for the past few days and have yet to get an answer. My assumption is... nothing will stop you, which once again shows that they do not think things through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about you stop yourself? I mean if they made it so people couldn't adjust what they wanted then you'd have many, many people complaining about not having the flexibility to do what they want. If you are a sim player I would imagine you'd play it as sim as possible. If I run an attacking 3-4 then that is what I run regardless of current personal. I will do my best to rebuild the roster to that specification.

People have been wanting as much freedom to make the game play as they want. Full player editing, now custom draft classes, etc. But with that there will always be ways to manipulate the system. But I would imagine most here that want as realistic an experience as possible would police themselves on certain things. Too me that seems like an easy solution to a small issue.

If it's a concern about online leagues and other players that is back to my other point. Some will always try to find a way to manipulate the system in their favor. That is where joining a trusted league comes in that has tried and true rules where if you break them you're out.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #269
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
How about you stop yourself? I mean if they made it so people couldn't adjust what they wanted then you'd have many, many people complaining about not having the flexibility to do what they want. If you are a sim player I would imagine you'd play it as sim as possible. If I run an attacking 3-4 then that is what I run regardless of current personal. I will do my best to rebuild the roster to that specification.

People have been wanting as much freedom to make the game play as they want. Full player editing, now custom draft classes, etc. But with that there will always be ways to manipulate the system. But I would imagine most here that want as realistic an experience as possible would police themselves on certain things. Too me that seems like an easy solution to a small issue.

If it's a concern about online leagues and other players that is back to my other point. Some will always try to find a way to manipulate the system in their favor. That is where joining a trusted league comes in that has tried and true rules where if you break them you're out.
I think the fix could/should be as simple as locking the scheme for a season and allowing it only to be changed in the off-season. Which in my opinion is similar to what happens in real life. Maybe it's something that aleady exists or something they can add later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #270
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
No, that's not the issue I'm referring to. The issue is this:

There is an xp bonus given to players who fit the scheme. However, there is no penalty for players who do NOT fit the scheme. There is nothing stopping the user from changing the scheme at any time to give players XP bonuses that would not have gotten them in the original scheme. It is a way to game the system to develop young guys faster than they would have since they may not fit the scheme selected by the user.
But you can just edit the roster anyway you want? If someone wants to cheat it will be much easier to just do that.

Edit:

Ah, you're talking about Online Leagues, nevermind. That might be an issue but I'm sure if it's caught a diligent Comish would warn/kick them out.

Can the Comish take draft picks as punishment?
Old 06-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #271
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Why would they do that? This is what frustrates me about Madden. They make excuses about not implementing things until they can do it properly but then do this. I get why - it means they only had to animate a character wearing his uniform like he would on the field but with a draft backdrop instead which is easy, but it’s not the NFL Draft.

I thought this was a terrific idea, now it’s stupid.
There are more gamers than you think that like this compared to what was there before.

Some pieces are implemented in phases to make sure it gels correctly.

Even if they did exactly what you referenced, if we where to be honest, folk would probably still have a problem with it.

That’s just the atmosphere today’s gamer like to operate in these days.

Last edited by khaliib; 06-15-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #272
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
But you can just edit the roster anyway you want? If someone wants to cheat it will be much easier to just do that.

Edit:

Ah, you're talking about Online Leagues, nevermind. That might be an issue but I'm sure if it's caught a diligent Comish would warn/kick them out.

Can the Comish take draft picks as punishment?
User teams cannot edit rosters in online CFMs. Only the commissioner can. This is an online CFM issue only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »