Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #273
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I think the fix could/should be as simple as locking the scheme for a season and allowing it only to be changed in the off-season. Which in my opinion is similar to what happens in real life. Maybe it's something that aleady exists or something they can add later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Operation Sports mobile app
This. This is EXACTLY what I was saying. Just have an option that the commisioner has that he can lock schemes. Just like how regular users can't edit, but the commish can. The commissioner can unlock the schemes at any time, so that allows your league to decide how long schemes are locked for. Most leagues will probably prefer a season, but others can change as they wish.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #274
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I don't know if anyone else finds this as funny as I do but now I keep imagining a sketch comedy bit where a guy gets drafted and walks on stage in full gear talking about ready to hit the field and has to be told the season doesn't start for another 6 months.

EA you are doing immersion wrong lol
In all fairness, Rob Gronkowski almost did this.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #275
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
In all fairness, Rob Gronkowski almost did this.

That does sound like something Gronk would do. I am happy that they gave the draft some love, sure it's still not perfect but it's better than what we've had in years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #276
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
That does sound like something Gronk would do. I am happy that they gave the draft some love, sure it's still not perfect but it's better than what we've had in years past.
Just seeing the stage is an immersion booster. Baby steps is better than no steps

--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #277
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
No, that's not the issue I'm referring to. The issue is this:

There is an xp bonus given to players who fit the scheme. However, there is no penalty for players who do NOT fit the scheme. There is nothing stopping the user from changing the scheme at any time to give players XP bonuses that would not have gotten them in the original scheme. It is a way to game the system to develop young guys faster than they would have since they may not fit the scheme selected by the user.

Gotcha. But hereís the thing, if Iím understanding the system correctly:

If you have 5 corners on the depth chart and the scheme calls for zone coverage corners. Letís say 4 of the corners fit the scheme, and the other is a press man corner or whatever the archetype is; You could change the scheme to reflect the press-man corner to get an XP advantage for that player, but it will cost you the opportunity to get the bonus for the other 4 corners.

Yeah thereís no penalty per se, but thereís an opportunity cost for the other players at true position. Which, semantics aside, is a penalty in practice.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #278
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

So this is just a curiosity question. All I seem to see here on OS is non stop complaining about some feature not being good enough, something not added the way it should, hating this and that, all without the game even being out let alone even getting some small samples of how things work. For every positive post there seems to be 8-10 negative posts. To me this seems like nobody really wants to play this game but rather let everyone else know how terrible everything is.

With that my question is what would make this game unacceptable for you? As in game breaker?
Old 06-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #279
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Doesn't need to be significant time. Time is a resource and the time spent has to be justified. The benefit gained from adding such an option pushes this very far down the list of priorities.

The small amount of time it would take would solve a problem. Instead they redo the UI....AGAIN. Since M13, they've redone a lot of things. I say they already have a resource inefficiency problem. Fix that problem and naybe, that quick toggle addition wouldn't cause such a strain on resources.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #280
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
How about only being able to change scheme during the off-season.
One question I have is, how do we know it's not setup like this? I don't think anything has been stated one way or the other. Unless I missed that somewhere?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »