Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #281
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So this is just a curiosity question. All I seem to see here on OS is non stop complaining about some feature not being good enough, something not added the way it should, hating this and that, all without the game even being out let alone even getting some small samples of how things work. For every positive post there seems to be 8-10 negative posts. To me this seems like nobody really wants to play this game but rather let everyone else know how terrible everything is.

With that my question is what would make this game unacceptable for you? As in game breaker?

Hmm, a deal breaker for me would be the long-term balance of CFM being too far out of the balance of the start of the CFM. That hasnít been a problem for me recently but years ago it made the game unplayable for my preferences. The game is very playable to me in its current state - even if It doesnít replicate the NFL as well as Iíd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #282
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

I like the idea of only being able to change the scheme in the off-season. I mean I'm only an offline player so I'm not gaming the system or playing unfairly against the CPU, but I can see how this would affect the online leagues big time.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #283
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I don't know why people that seem to not even play online leagues are railing against the suggestion that an OPTION be added for those that do, smh. It's not as if it's some obscure option that has nothing to do with what is already touted for M19, it's a reasonable option for a touted feature. Reminds me of when they added XP and had the option to set allocation to auto and as an online league player myself, the first thing that came to my mind was a way for Commissioners to lock that in for the whole league.

Something those that don't play in online leagues maybe haven't considered is that the more tools available to a Commissioner of league to inherently regulate it, the more feasible it is to have a uniform league and more Users. It can be difficult to fill as many teams as possible in an online league with User all agreeing to the exact same set of "house rules", regardless of them all sharing some general sense of fair play and not cheesing. So when a Commissioner is able to preset as many guidelines as possible and have those inherently enforced by the game, it obviously makes for a better experience for all involved.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #284
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
The small amount of time it would take would solve a problem. Instead they redo the UI....AGAIN. Since M13, they've redone a lot of things. I say they already have a resource inefficiency problem. Fix that problem and naybe, that quick toggle addition wouldn't cause such a strain on resources.

But how do we know that it wouldn't be an issue? I'm not saying it is easy or hard because I am not a coder and I have no idea what it takes to make video games work. I'm also not defending EA on what they do because lord knows they have made many questionable decisions over the years. My thinking is just that the comparison between UI and a Toggle for scheme isn't apples to oranges. Your talking something people will be seeing a lot while playing compared to a toggle that only a few would really care to use (I would most definitely use it myself FYI). So once again it's a resources thing as far as I can tell. And while I'd like the ability to have a toggle I just don't see the issue of one not being available right now, or ever really.

FYI I'm not trying to argue with any of you guys here. Just want to understand where some of you are coming from.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #285
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Using the Derrick Henry example...

My one huge disappointment about archetypes & scheme. No matter what it's going to mean either Henry or Dion Lewis 'don't match the TEN scheme.' One is an elusive or receiving back, one is a power back.

That's really too bad, because they complement each other extremely well IRL, that kind of change-of-pace is extremely common in the NFL. Lots of teams go for it.

I like the system well enough conceptually, but wish a West Coast scheme that calls for "possession WRs" didn't automatically mean there's no place for a good deep threat. That makes no sense.
The scheme doesn't make it so that you can't have a good deep threat, it just makes it harder to draft a late round receiver whose only positive attribute is speed and turn him into a stud. I think we're going to see more draft busts for the human players and it's going to be much harder to turn late round picks into starters much less all pros.

One other positive change I think will arise from this new system will be an increase in the number of players who will only be useful to your team for 1-2 seasons. Now that receiver you drafted in the seventh round may not turn out be good enough to justify letting him finish his rookie deal if they regress early due to not putting up enough stats. If we're really lucky we'll get late round players who aren't even good enough to make your active roster but that other teams might have a use for in FA.

Hopefully archetypes in the draft are distributed in such a manner that you can't always pick players best suited to your scheme because their ability simply doesn't justify spending your current pick on them. NFL teams encounter this dilemma constantly.

Last edited by stinkubus; 06-15-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 12:10 PM   #286
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
So disappointed tbh , absolutely nothing that wasn't already known , terrible marketing to hold nothing back and leave the blog feeling empty imo

After 24 hours of digesting the blog and reading these forums I'd like to amend/ explain my stance here

When the gameinformer article became public , the timing if I'm now convinced was botched, I was pleased but slightly underwhelmed by the changes and additions , both in volume and nature

Whilst none of the new features were particularly high on my personal wish list I was fully aware that things like draft classes were popular in general , and any improvements to progression are always welcome , even if the direction chosen wasn't ideal to me , so generally all the changes were positives albeit relatively small ones

Given the timing of the article though , and a tweet by EA stating more CFM info at a later date , I still held out hope that there was a possibility some my smaller wish list items ( editing of years experience and injuries , PUP etc) might make it in this year as they aren't headline / back of the box type things that such an article would focus on

When this wasn't the case I was disheartened, but that doesn't change my initial stance on what HAS been added
I'm hoping the additions are building blocks for deeper mechanics and features so maybe my apathy towards them is unjustified but history doesn't provide much hope there frankly

For M19 at least even as a die hard franchise guy, I'm far more impressed and eager to see the gameplay improvements like RPM , CPU QB AI and play calling etc than any CFM feature
Old 06-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #287
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't know why people that seem to not even play online leagues are railing against the suggestion that an OPTION be added for those that do, smh. It's not as if it's some obscure option that has nothing to do with what is already touted for M19, it's a reasonable option for a touted feature. Reminds me of when they added XP and had the option to set allocation to auto and as an online league player myself, the first thing that came to my mind was a way for Commissioners to lock that in for the whole league.

Something those that don't play in online leagues maybe haven't considered is that the more tools available to a Commissioner of league to inherently regulate it, the more feasible it is to have a uniform league and more Users. It can be difficult to fill as many teams as possible in an online league with User all agreeing to the exact same set of "house rules", regardless of them all sharing some general sense of fair play and not cheesing. So when a Commissioner is able to preset as many guidelines as possible and have those inherently enforced by the game, it obviously makes for a better experience for all involved.

Very well put. I don't play in online leagues very often and I can now see why this would be a viable option for those that do. Initially I didn't see the reasoning to really care that much but after reading your post I get it now.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:13 PM   #288
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
This. This is EXACTLY what I was saying. Just have an option that the commisioner has that he can lock schemes. Just like how regular users can't edit, but the commish can. The commissioner can unlock the schemes at any time, so that allows your league to decide how long schemes are locked for. Most leagues will probably prefer a season, but others can change as they wish.
I bet they'll hear from enough online league commissioners and players between now and release and add this option for online commissioners. It seems like a sensible request, given that they've built on the concept of commissioner tools in the past couple of years.

I don't see any reason why adding this for online leagues should negatively affect offline gamers' ability to customize their CFMs as they see fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »