Home

Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #57
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Customization makes this a non issue. Just change it if it is not to your liking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's not the point. I've had to go in each class after the draft every year and change it. Which is great to have that option, but I should not have too. How many 24 year olds were drafted this year? It's about being realistic. Been an issue for years. I know it's not HUGE and i can change it. Not the point
Old 06-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #58
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
@T4Verts: Any idea if XP sliders are still in? This seems like a pretty drastic change to XP/Progression since XP itself isn't directly used in upgrading players anymore - it's only a means of getting the Skill Points that actually improve a player. Wondering if the XP sliders made the cut in this new system.
They're still in. XP isn't used to directly upgrade attributes but it's still used as a means to acquire the skill points.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #59
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i'm on the fence about the schemes, though some think it's cosmetic, not being able to just change your QB's archetype in your scheme presents a new challenge. you really have to change your whole scheme to facilitate one position it seems. if to get that 99/100% scheme fit team, some sacrifices will be made.

also i'm not sure if that rating range on the create a class screenshot is what could fluctuate during the scouting based on the rating you entered or if that's the range in general for elite, good, etc. for keeping a prospect in-line with default classes.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #60
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Update: After reading Shop's Twitter feed, it appears there's a big franchise feature that was not in the blog today. Praying this is presentation related.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #61
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

The office view is a step towards the Head Coach title. That simple change, which I hope will continue to be improved upon moving forward, makes me happy.

I am very interested in the 11 new ratings. I hope they work as a means to further differentiate between players, as well as provide more strategic options when drafting, signing and setting up depth charts, as well as subbing in games.

One of the previous reveals I liked was the fact that 91 is no longer the threshold. I hope player ratings result in a smooth progression in the quality appearance on the field.

Obviously going from 83 to 84 should be almost unnoticeable, but I hope there we be a reason to select an 86 over an 81 zone cover guy, for example. In M18 I feel there is no reason to bother upgrading a player who is within a 9 or 10 point range because 80 or 81 is just as good as an 89.

But, I would update a 79 to 80 or 81 zone..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #62
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Slightly underwhelmed, seems like they are once again trying to simplify things again to make the game more accessible.* I could be wrong, but this seems to be trending in the opposite direction of what I would like to see.* Go deeper not wider with CFM.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #63
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Update: After reading Shop's Twitter feed, it appears there's a big franchise feature that was not in the blog today. Praying this is presentation related.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

Any idea if it's in those super long videos Josh posted? Trying to decide whether it's worth watching those haha
Old 06-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #64
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Custom draft classes are going to be a huge improvement. I'm apparently one of the few people who played a ton of CFM (I'm in my tenth total CFM season, I've started three different ones) and I will likely play many seasons in '19.

Reducing ratings and the ages of prospects will add a lot to CFM. It's far too easy to rebuild in '18. I can get the Jets from bottom of the barrel to a few rounds into the playoffs in 2-3 years while having a loaded young core. It will be great to struggle during your rebuild and not find a ton of young gems.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »