Home

Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

This is a discussion on Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #9
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

In Ben We Trust
Old 06-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I agree with you here, Madden is almost a 30 year old franchise, they make a ton of money every year especially on MUT, they should be able to get all the resources they need to build a great game. Seems not enough resources are being allocated towards Madden each year or maybe they just dont have the talent? I'm not sure what the hold up is but it shouldn't take this long to add simple features like contracts, weather, camera angle, coordinators, etc.
What gets me is...all the stuff that's been TAKEN out of Franchise over the years.

For example, Remember the "training camp mini drills"? Or the Tony Bruno radio show? Or "highlights" from other games (gotta go a long way back for that one...on the Sega Genesis)? or somewhere in Franchise mode you could see who won the Super Bowl each year in YOUR Franchise (as well as previous winners prior to that Madden version).

I'm missing several others I'm sure...and I know it wouldn't be the same in today modern Madden...but can you imagine an update to some of those features (and others I know I'm forgetting) today?

The other thing I'm worried about is...Well I hope the PC version isn't a "stripped" down version of the Console version. I don't get the impression that it is....but this is EA we're talking about....

"Oh yeah, guys, umm, BTW the PC version has exhibition games only"...Gulp...lol

I would like to see it confirmed that the PC version is the full version

Just sayin...
Old 06-15-2018, 03:57 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger
What gets me is...all the stuff that's been TAKEN out of Franchise over the years.

For example, Remember the "training camp mini drills"? Or the Tony Bruno radio show? Or "highlights" from other games (gotta go a long way back for that one...on the Sega Genesis)? or somewhere in Franchise mode you could see who won the Super Bowl each year in YOUR Franchise (as well as previous winners prior to that Madden version).

I'm missing several others I'm sure...and I know it wouldn't be the same in today modern Madden...but can you imagine an update to some of those features (and others I know I'm forgetting) today?

The other thing I'm worried about is...Well I hope the PC version isn't a "stripped" down version of the Console version. I don't get the impression that it is....but this is EA we're talking about....

Just sayin...

Ben said the other day, maybe even in part 1 or this interview that the PC version is identical to the console version, except the PC version has better visuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ben said the other day, maybe even in part 1 or this interview that the PC version is identical to the console version, except the PC version has better visuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great, must have missed that! Thanks for the info!
Old 06-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #13
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakdaddy
Super disappointed with the information presented in this part 2. Let me preface by saying I really appreciate the tone though coming from Ben. He didn't make excuses or provide some of the typical run around when admitting that certain features aren't changed this year and overall the level of transparency has been NIGHT AND DAY compared to last year when we didn't get any information, gameplay or a peep from EA until just a few weeks before release. This team listens and clearly wants to communicate and interact with this very passionate community.

That said I can't say I'm happy to see that scouting and contracts both remain completely unchanged, companion app still doesn't do anything other than advance the league and I'm not holding my breath that formation subs actually work this year with custom playbooks or in general or even stops flipping the formation to a mirror image of it. No coordinators either. These are major issues that have been passed over year after year.

I do want to end my post though with optimism rather than hate/pessimism though because I personally really like many of the other updates, especially schemes, archtypes and thank the dear holy lord for the new progression system to prevent cheesing in player progression. This will really play so much better in my 32 man cfm. I liked the gameplay of 18 and had fun playing the game in my cfm. I felt it was probably the strongest effort from the gameplay side that we've had in YEARS and think the other gameplay changes will only tighten up a good situation on both sides of the ball plus the 11 new attributes further clarify ratings which I like a ton (even if some of them used to exist it is good that we finally have those areas back in blocking). I really look forward to playing this year's game I just wish that we had more information and assurance that the major areas of need listed above will be addressed next year which we don't have. Scouting and contracts desperately need a major overhaul and its been the same since Madden 15.
Undecided on whether I'm getting it this year. I want to reward them for giving CFM some love, but I honestly doubt these features will be worth much if you can't properly scout.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #14
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger

Just sayin...
I want to say it was madden, but maybe it was a 2k series game. But there was one year in the mid 2000's where there was a weekly recap show. You would press triangle and or some other button and it would play. It wasn't anything special just a guy super imposed on a sports center like background going over weekly scores, top players, etc. The more I think about it I think this was a 2k game (either football or basketball). My point still stands. This was the early 2000's we are talking about how are we not able to achieve this with madden on this gen?

The crazy part is he last time franchise was good was madden '11 or '12. That was the year before the switched to CFM when nobody was complaining about franchise in the first place. Although back then the potential grades were pretty predictable. I remember one instance where jamaracus russel always capped out at 84 with B potential but still way better than what we have now.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #15
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

The biggest thing I’ll take from this:

We have the right guy finally leading franchise. Ben is a class act and his passion is something that was sorely needed. This is his first year with franchise so I’m excited to see what he brings.

His work speaks for itself and I think as long as he is there, we will see real improvment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #16
Xbox Series X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
11. Companion App needs to get stronger, not there yet to do everything in the game, in the app
This sucks so bad.

I just can't even fathom any reason in this day and age why they would't, or couldn't have the game attached to a website.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »