Home

Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

This is a discussion on Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shopmaster Interview with Ben Haumiller Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
9. Ben wishes they could build in something that takes how long a team has been together
As I said earlier last year I had an idea about how one could tackle this issue in a game, and came up with the idea of a chemistry rating.

I'll just copy and paste my thoughts that I wrote down last year after playing madden for a couple of months.

Offensive Line Chemistry Rating: Would like to add another element that affects O-line performance besides individual ratings, the longer the same five O-line play together the higher the Line Chemistry which increases their (starters) awareness and all O-Linemen specific ratings while playing for their respected team.

If a players rating is has increased because of the "chemistry rating boost" and is able to maintain that new rating over the span of two season it would be his new permanent ratings while on the team and after four years of maintaining or increasing ones rating this would now be their permanent ratings even after leaving for free agency.

The higher the O line chemistry the better the line plays as a unit, fewer missed blocks, picking the right defender to block on running plays and blitz, also an increase in double team on players who are normally difficult to block 1 on 1 the (the Millers and Watts type players of the NFL)

Having this feature it would make keeping the same group of linemen together be a very big bonus, but can you afford it, what if one of your starters are injured how about if you are throwing in a new linemen because your left tackle got hurt, how about you added a new rookie, or free agent into the starting role for the next season these are the things throughout the game/seasons that affect O-Line Chemistry.

The same thing could be done for Defensive Backs, we always hear how the chemistry that the Legion of Boom had was amazing

Last edited by UpNorthCatsFan; 06-17-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #66
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackBucks
The contract issue removes free agency. Very few players even hit FA. You have to build your team like you are Ted Thompson former GM of the Packers. Players sign for peanuts.

I don't understand how it would be any difficult at all to increase the % that players sign for. A higher % will force the cpu to let players hit FA.

I feel that most devs or even indie devs could fix the contract issue in a day. Not expecting it to be perfect but just increase the amount players sign for.
If a guy is a 90ovr or higher and not over 30(let's say 35 for QBs) he should be asking to be the highest paid in the league a his position. That should keep salaries constantly rising and make the cap harder to manage
Old 06-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #67
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorthCatsFan
As I said earlier last year I had an idea about how one could tackle this issue in a game, and came up with the idea of a chemistry rating.

I'll just copy and paste my thoughts that I wrote down last year after playing madden for a couple of months.

Offensive Line Chemistry Rating: Would like to add another element that affects O-line performance besides individual ratings, the longer the same five O-line play together the higher the Line Chemistry which increases their (starters) awareness and all O-Linemen specific ratings while playing for their respected team.

If a players rating is has increased because of the "chemistry rating boost" and is able to maintain that new rating over the span of two season it would be his new permanent ratings while on the team and after four years of maintaining or increasing ones rating this would now be their permanent ratings even after leaving for free agency.

The higher the O line chemistry the better the line plays as a unit, fewer missed blocks, picking the right defender to block on running plays and blitz, also an increase in double team on players who are normally difficult to block 1 on 1 the (the Millers and Watts type players of the NFL)

Having this feature it would make keeping the same group of linemen together be a very big bonus, but can you afford it, what if one of your starters are injured how about if you are throwing in a new linemen because your left tackle got hurt, how about you added a new rookie, or free agent into the starting role for the next season these are the things throughout the game/seasons that affect O-Line Chemistry.

The same thing could be done for Defensive Backs, we always hear how the chemistry that the Legion of Boom had was amazing
I've been asking for this feature for more than ten years! It seems to obvious! I'd like to see it with a deep coaching staff as well, same basic idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »