Home

Am I the only one still playing??

This is a discussion on Am I the only one still playing?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #17
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one still playing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
You bring up a point I stated awhile ago. We offline franchise sim-style folks, who use sliders, grow weary of adjusting the game to our liking, only to have tuners and patches forced down our throats for the first 6 months of the game cycle, thereby forcing us to go back in the lab and further slide. Having said that, I do understand that obvious issues need to be addressed.

The reason I stuck with Madden 17 with a roster update this year is because I finally got the game tuned perfectly for me, without having to continually jack with slider settings. Too early to tell from this early footage video as to whether or not 19 will be worth a go. Waiting to see actual finished (yeah I know) product.

Yeah. I have Madden 18 playing really good. I am not seeing anything compelling at all with franchise mode to get me excited at all.

Gameplay.....seriously doubt CPU AI was greatly enhanced if at all.

I can easily enjoy 18 for a long time. I will check back after the Super Bowl in 2019 and see if 19 is a viable upgrade at a deeply discounted price.

18 is a heck of game fully patched but still lacks penalties on simulation mode, lacks a viable replay system.

I doubt it changed for 19.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #18
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Still playing. In year three of my Dolphins franchise. We had to shelve the game soon after release due to the atrocious CPU QB AI. Once they got it tuned in February we got back to playing.

Also have a 1987 and 1994 season going. I really enjoy the fully patched Madden 18.

I will be getting updated rosters for 18.

Madden 19 is an absolute solid pass for me. I have lost a lot of trust in EA. They screw with the game all cycle to please MUT and competitive online play. One the Madden bowl is done they patch the game back.

Rinse and repeat.

Done with that.
Fan of your slider set so I hope you do pick it up. You can always rent it through Gamefly or red box lol
Old 06-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yeah. I have Madden 18 playing really good. I am not seeing anything compelling at all with franchise mode to get me excited at all.

Gameplay.....seriously doubt CPU AI was greatly enhanced if at all.

I can easily enjoy 18 for a long time. I will check back after the Super Bowl in 2019 and see if 19 is a viable upgrade at a deeply discounted price.

18 is a heck of game fully patched but still lacks penalties on simulation mode, lacks a viable replay system.

I doubt it changed for 19.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Thanks for the input. Maybe 18 will be an option for me then this year if 19 doesn't pan out. Penalties are one thing that I have failed miserably to tune. What is strange, and I can't prove or explain it, is if I import the same sliders into CFM before starting a game, I do notice more penalties called.

Last edited by edgevoice; 06-18-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #20
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I play online CFM so I can keep my spot but that's it. Especially now, way too excited for the new progression system to screw with this old broken crap.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:13 PM   #21
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I play online CFM so I can keep my spot but that's it. Especially now, way too excited for the new progression system to screw with this old broken crap.
Somehow they figure out how to turn old broken crap into new broken crap. I guess we'll see if this is an exception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:18 AM   #22
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

My game is somewhere in the cloud collecting dust. Here's hoping Madden 19 isn't the same old story of throwing in a few features with a paint job and calling it good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

18, online cfm still playing

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #24
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I was just playing it about 2 weeks ago, but usually around this time of the year when we get gameplay and info about the next madden game its hard for me to play because i am excited for the next game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »