Home

Madden 19 Franchise Gameplay - Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns (RBT)

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Franchise Gameplay - Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns (RBT) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 19 Franchise Gameplay - Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns (RBT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
But that kind of trade logic has been hurting Franchise Mode for years, so is he saying they actually are improving it so these trades can't happen? To say it's not final when it's been filled with trade logic like that for who knows how long is worrisome. Did it take THAT video for them to see how bad the logic was and they never paid any mind to it in years prior?

As sad as that would be, that would somehow give me more confidence than if they had been "fixing" each year to get it "better".

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
But that kind of trade logic has been hurting Franchise Mode for years, so is he saying they actually are improving it so these trades can't happen? To say it's not final when it's been filled with trade logic like that for who knows how long is worrisome. Did it take THAT video for them to see how bad the logic was and they never paid any mind to it in years prior?
I don't know the answer, just supplying the message.

There were several people who tweeted the developers today, so, I am not sure how it will be improved, we will see.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:07 PM   #43
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm so glad that we got a video of this dude doing all these ridiculous trades, because unlike the gameplay and graphical stuff that everyone at EA Play could see needed work, something like this could have easily gone unaddressed and shipped this way.

Maybe they were going to tune it anyway, we'll never know, but after so many of us @ them about it I expect it to be tuned very well for launch.

As an FYI, the logic has never been great, but wasn't as bad last year as we saw in this video, nowhere close.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

Madden devs need to give us a slider for trade difficulty. 1-100. This video should be 1 for difficulty.

Just copy NBA 2k.

Trade negotiation difficulty 1-100
Contract negotiation difficulty 1-100
CPU resigning aggressivness 1-100

I want my trades to be so hard that I would have to trade 2x obj's to get 1 obj back. I want to work for it and earn it. I want to get my butt kicked. I want to take the Browns and go 0-16 the next season and 4-12 the season after that. I don't want to play 1 year and win the super bowl.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #45
Banned

Devs remind me of my brother I play Madden with.

I started a CFM with him last year. I am a sim guy and want no advantages. I started a CFM with my bro who is 28 years old. I am 34. I wake up the next mourning and I see hundreds of transactions. He would trade for a player then trade that player for someone better and did this over and over untill he had a full allstar team. He would grab free agents and then trade them and get top players. When I seen this I deleted the CFM and played alone. He lauphed asked me how I knew and I said it was in transactions so I could see every move made.

I asked him why he would stay up all nite spend 8hrs working the cpu. Says I wanted all my fav players.

There are people sim like me who grew up with Tecmo and been playing franchises ever since and want a challenege and for everything to feel right. And there are casuals like my bro who just want to win 100-0 and that is fun to them.

I feel you can make a game for both type of people but that is where sliders and game difficulty comes into play. Give me a trade slider for difficulty. People like my bro can lower it. Same goes with game difficulty where devs say the casual player won't be able to do this or that. Well they can lower difficulty to rookie and problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 01:08 AM   #46
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

This just goes to show that the game at least needs a counteroffer system or if you offer a terrible deal the talks simply terminate for a period of time.

One future feature I would like is a 'relationship/reputation' type meter with different GMs and agents. Certain teams/agents you deal with more often may give you a discount or start with a more reasonable offer. Try to nickle and dime and your reputation plummets and the other party won't even pick up the phone.

Be kinda cool to tick off an agent for an OK player and cause negotiations to break down. Fast forward a few seasons later and the same agent is in your office and is representing your prized draft pick, and he's threatening a holdout if you don't give him that big extension.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 AM   #47
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
This just goes to show that the game at least needs a counteroffer system or if you offer a terrible deal the talks simply terminate for a period of time.

One future feature I would like is a 'relationship/reputation' type meter with different GMs and agents. Certain teams/agents you deal with more often may give you a discount or start with a more reasonable offer. Try to nickle and dime and your reputation plummets and the other party won't even pick up the phone.

Be kinda cool to tick off an agent for an OK player and cause negotiations to break down. Fast forward a few seasons later and the same agent is in your office and is representing your prized draft pick, and he's threatening a holdout if you don't give him that big extension.
It would have to be a counter offer system because IMO the NFL isn't going to allow the level of antagonism that is displayed with not picking up the phone or threats of holdouts.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackBucks
I do the same but I buy it every year. 5 years ago I gave up on CFM. Tried MuT was fun. Didn't like the pay to win aspect. I prefer offline franchise but to fullfill my football gaming itch I played MuT every year and it got worse every year.

Last year I was spending 8hrs a week playing full game solos at like rookie difficulty which is the most torture thing I ever did in a game. Then I had to cram in 25 weekend league online games a week and got like 15-20 wins with very little rewards.

Told myself I am done playing any game that feels like work or torture. I would play offline franchise again if allot was added.

Was excited at first then realized they spent like a week adding stuff to cfm. I play NBA 2k18 myleague and can only dream someday even in 10 years a football is this deep.
I played 2K18 this year, it's the 1st time I've played 2k since 2k10 or 2K11(whichever one had Jordan on the cover) it's DISTURBING how short Changed we've been on Madden when it comes to Franchise/MyPlayer/MyGm type of mode. 2K's immersion, realism and logic in Franchise mode is absolutely ridiculous(in a good way)

And 2K has mastered the art of satisfying the MuT players, single players and franchise/GM mode players all at once(even tho I believe NBALive will catch up to it within the next 2yrs)

We should be ashamed to even accept this "Product" from EA. Bare bones franchise mode, adding things back in the game that were there 10-12yrs ago and telling is its "new". The EA game changers aren't keeping it real with us when they breakdown the new aspects of the game. They are making it seem as tho its the best game on the market and refuse to give a true criticism of the game.

I told my wife I'll wait to buy Madden until I can find a used version for cheaper......or when its on sale during black Friday....I refuse to buy it full price UNLESS I see some major changes between now and the drop date. Or I may rent it on gamefly. We can't keep padding their pockets JUST BECAUSE it's the only NFL licensed product on the market.

However on the flipside I'll be buying NBA Live19, they've made MAJOR STRIDES in year 2 and it looks and seems to feel great from all of the reviews I've seen so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »