Home

Madden 19 Franchise Gameplay - Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns (RBT)

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Franchise Gameplay - Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns (RBT) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2018, 07:18 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Franchise Gameplay - Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns (RBT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
This just goes to show that the game at least needs a counteroffer system or if you offer a terrible deal the talks simply terminate for a period of time.

One future feature I would like is a 'relationship/reputation' type meter with different GMs and agents. Certain teams/agents you deal with more often may give you a discount or start with a more reasonable offer. Try to nickle and dime and your reputation plummets and the other party won't even pick up the phone.

Be kinda cool to tick off an agent for an OK player and cause negotiations to break down. Fast forward a few seasons later and the same agent is in your office and is representing your prized draft pick, and he's threatening a holdout if you don't give him that big extension.
That reminds me of NCAA football when you'd recruit a player and have him on the phone and depending upon whatever pitch you used, he'd get happy, nonchalant or PISSED and hang up the phone and your school would drop/rise/stay the same in interest points.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-19-2018, 07:31 AM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
That is because when we see these videos they are months away from ship date which usually means there are a couple versions between them and ship. A lot of stuff gets tested and worked on even between May and release.
I have concerns about the game. Namely archetype and scheme being too shallow and not meaningful enough. However, trade logic is not one of my concerns. They added new considerations for the AI when trading an obviously have not weighted each new consideration properly. I imagine that is quite easy to tweak and play around with to get it balanced right. They want to get the gameplay working right to get those videos out. Balancing trade logic can be done at the end fairly easy relevant to gameplay.

I doubt they thought there would be a video focused on trade logic. I am sure this video was quite embarrassing for them but does not move the needle for me regarding day one purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #51
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I have concerns about the game. Namely archetype and scheme being too shallow and not meaningful enough. However, trade logic is not one of my concerns. They added new considerations for the AI when trading an obviously have not weighted each new consideration properly. I imagine that is quite easy to tweak and play around with to get it balanced right. They want to get the gameplay working right to get those videos out. Balancing trade logic can be done at the end fairly easy relevant to gameplay.

I doubt they thought there would be a video focused on trade logic. I am sure this video was quite embarrassing for them but does not move the needle for me regarding day one purchase.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You know, it does kind of make me wonder. The trade logic was so different (read: worse) in the video than it has been in years past. Maybe that means they're actually toying around with and tweaking it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #52
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

They have to be adjusting the trade logic before release. Didn't they list it as one of the things they improved on last year or the year before? I still don't understand why there isn't a difficulty slider for it.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #53
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
They have to be adjusting the trade logic before release. Didn't they list it as one of the things they improved on last year or the year before? I still don't understand why there isn't a difficulty slider for it.
It did improve last year for sure(still needed work), but I agree, a difficulty slider is definitely needed just like with the last couple of years in NCAA when they added different levels of recruiting difficulty.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »