Home

EA Play Video Critiques or Analysis

This is a discussion on EA Play Video Critiques or Analysis within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Play Video Critiques or Analysis

I watched some of the vids so far. one thing im noticing is it still seems very hard to run. like someone always gets to run free to stop the runner immediately every run play. this was one of my annoying things from m17(didnt buy 18). it ends up with me trying to pass almost every down to get away from getting 0yds or -2yds.

i was expecting to see it move different with rpm...but it almost looks the exact same to me which has me disappointed. honestly it just looks like the same game i been playing since m15. i didnt really see any new animations for jukes or tackling or catches. im still just meh...when i look at this game as a whole. its weird but i almost feel like nba live 19 has more potential than madden does of being a good game this year.

Where is new interactive sidelines, numbers on bland sideline players or more detail, better weather effects, more deep relocation options in franchise which have been same since m15 (you mean yall cant open roofs still which kills half of the stadium choices for rebuild), off coord and def coords, etc etc
----------------------
Madden Since '92

Last edited by MMurda; 06-18-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #18
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All EA Play Videos In 1 Spot - Critiques & Analysis

So far, I only want this because it'll simply be on PC again finally. But other than that, I'm not sure I'll buy it unless it's marked off 80% like I did with M18. There's just nothing addressed that I've been waiting to have addressed once again...and there's so many things that should BEEN added or changed by now. They REALLY need competition.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
To piggyback on this post, 2k has a shot release feedback that you can toggle on and off to see if you had a perfect, good, or poor release as well as were you smothered, open, etc... That wouldn’t be a bad thing for newbies or whoever as it could give users reasons “why” there was a incomplete pass. OH, it was MY fault! Lol

I was referring to communication though between gamers & EA though. Yes, they have gamechangers, but let’s be honest most are there for the free marketing purposes of promoting Madden to millions of subscribers in their demographic. I don’t think it’s because they are all giving amazing feedback. Most I believe represent the online crowd. However there are a few I know that do represent sim like Smitty, simstandard, and shopmaster. I think Litez is good though (competitive player) and he definitely knows the in’s and out’s of x’s & o’s. I do think making things more sim actually helps the online competitive crowd if it’s realism at the forefront as well as I think in some ways the competitive crowd can help the sim community by fixing glitches, OP things, etc. But for some reason things aren’t being translated back to EA the way they need too imo. I believe they did see deuce’s great writeup though and that’s what needs to happen. If they are getting all this info then why isn’t it getting done? Why aren’t we knocking more of these things out? The CPU AI is 21 of the 22 players on the field. It needs to be a main focus! It is the overall experience.

There is so much negativity on forums, Twitter, etc that aren’t giving constructive criticism or feedback and comes off as attacking instead, so in turn I think that now EA just ignores the majority of the good feedback people are giving because of it. The thing is though they could be running with it all. 2k devs dont post much on OS anymore, but you better believe every year you can see that they were all up in the wish list threads and listened as they fixed over 100 of them in just 1 cycle and this happens every year. Either we create some better threads or pass this info along to the appropriate gamechangers to give them idk, but somehow these things get lost in the shuffle. Maybe we need to communicate better with the appropriate people who can relay these things. Or find some different gamechangers who will. When I went to 2k years ago I had a 4 page list I gave Rob Jones. I am for know reason claiming I had anything to do with it, but I will say that 99% of those things on that list are now in the game. A couple of things were my ideas like setting the side of the PNR and where I wanted the screen to happen either on the right or left. Anyways, communication and constructive criticism is good for everyone and we all win in the end if it’s done properly.
You are preaching to the choir, but right away, there is a difference between the two companies. One company seems be able to sell authenticity upstream better than the other company. One company will blow things out of the water in one year(your 1 step forward 2 steps backwards approach), the other company will chip away at it.

I am a firm believer of taking ideas/issues to the developers to Twitter and asking constructively and nicely. We had a Twitter thread in here during the year(yes, Madden is a game made on a yearly cycle lol) and had some success with it. They won't answer some of your questions, but some they will. I asked the playbook developer about all the shot plays that was called by the CPU on third and long, and he said they were looking into it. This year, it seems to be addressed.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
To piggyback on this post, 2k has a shot release feedback that you can toggle on and off to see if you had a perfect, good, or poor release as well as were you smothered, open, etc... That wouldn’t be a bad thing for newbies or whoever as it could give users reasons “why” there was a incomplete pass. OH, it was MY fault! Lol

I was referring to communication though between gamers & EA though. Yes, they have gamechangers, but let’s be honest most are there for the free marketing purposes of promoting Madden to millions of subscribers in their demographic. I don’t think it’s because they are all giving amazing feedback. Most I believe represent the online crowd. However there are a few I know that do represent sim like Smitty, simstandard, and shopmaster. I think Litez is good though (competitive player) and he definitely knows the in’s and out’s of x’s & o’s. I do think making things more sim actually helps the online competitive crowd if it’s realism at the forefront as well as I think in some ways the competitive crowd can help the sim community by fixing glitches, OP things, etc. But for some reason things aren’t being translated back to EA the way they need too imo. I believe they did see deuce’s great writeup though and that’s what needs to happen. If they are getting all this info then why isn’t it getting done? Why aren’t we knocking more of these things out? The CPU AI is 21 of the 22 players on the field. It needs to be a main focus! It is the overall experience.

There is so much negativity on forums, Twitter, etc that aren’t giving constructive criticism or feedback and comes off as attacking instead, so in turn I think that now EA just ignores the majority of the good feedback people are giving because of it. They just tune us out. The thing is though they could be running with it all. 2k devs dont post much on OS anymore, but you better believe every year you can see that they were all up in the wish list threads and listened as they fixed over 100 of them in just 1 cycle and this happens every year. Either we create some better threads or pass this info along to the appropriate gamechangers to give them idk, but somehow these things get lost in the shuffle. Maybe we need to communicate better with the appropriate people who can relay these things. Or find some different gamechangers who will. When I went to 2k years ago I had a 4 page list I gave Rob Jones. I am for know reason claiming I had anything to do with it, but I will say that 99% of those things on that list are now in the game. A couple of things were my ideas like setting the side of the PNR and where I wanted the screen to happen either on the right or left. Anyways, communication and constructive criticism is good for everyone and we all win in the end if it’s done properly.
Your post got my mind thinking and I just went with it.

I agree with your position. Input from the consumers has to be more constructive; has to be more organized.

I have read messages from EA Devs asking for the communities top 10 lists, for example, and it seems most people take that time to accuse EA of not listening. Seems the consumer fails to see that it is very difficult to browse through millions of posts and comments to effectively identify a top 10 list.

The community has to define its categories and place the appropriate information within the proper categories if we hope to provide efficient and effective communication to EA on how we would like our Madden to play.

Blaming EA for not listening, or believing EA "should know" something already, is a failure on our part. We are the consumer, we call a lot of the shots. We need to shoot on target.

In reference to your NBA 2K example. I am new to the 2K basketball game, and actually new to basketball as a focused spectator. So I am learning the game at this moment. Thanks to the feedback in 2K as to how I am shooting, it has helped me learn the game more easily than I recall learning Madden, even though I know football rules and concepts.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #21
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I am a firm believer of taking ideas/issues to the developers to Twitter and asking constructively and nicely. We had a Twitter thread in here during the year(yes, Madden is a game made on a yearly cycle lol) and had some success with it. They won't answer some of your questions, but some they will. I asked the playbook developer about all the shot plays that was called by the CPU on third and long, and he said they were looking into it. This year, it seems to be addressed.
Well, thank you! I think for the last 3 years we have had a few gameplanning and Playbook threads on here and it was such an easy fix. That does not go unappreciated for sure! I could tell the difference immediately in the videos. I can’t wait to dive in and see what was done there and how they went about it. I’m ok with a band aid. I just hope it’s built on in future years and doesn’t go untouched next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #22
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Personally, I prefer communicating on this forum and Twitter. Reddit is too disorganized, IMO. I can see EAs tendency to watch twitter and OS.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
Pro

Re: All EA Play Videos In 1 Spot - Critiques & Analysis

The question I mostly have is why isn't most of these YouTubers not playing on simulation. Especially the ones that are playing on arcade mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #24
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

It's a real shame that the Madden team don't seem to have paid attention to the detail and authenticity of FIFA. Frostbite hasn't really changed anything from what I've seen in Madden. Like the first post said, no names on jerseys on the sidelines; no realistic crowd reactions or players on the sideline reacting to a pass or run down. It's a real shame to see the lack of authenticity and atmosphere that you get in other EA games like FIFA. They've made progress in some areas this year but there are so many things that have been hanging around for years that haven't it's sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »