Home

compensatory picks

This is a discussion on compensatory picks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #1
Rookie
 
elchristo's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
compensatory picks

do we know if there will be compensatory picks in this years madden?
elchristo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchristo
do we know if there will be compensatory picks in this years madden?
No there won't.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @T4Verts
T4VERTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,620
Re: compensatory picks

Probably my biggest bugaboo about franchise mode with respect to missing gameplay mechanics is the lack of compensatory draft picks. Comp picks affect how teams approach free agency and how they handle contract extensions with second- and third-tier players. Their absence from the game is pretty obvious and glaring to me, personally.

That said, comp picks probably can't be implemented effectively without a change in how player contract demands work. In the current system, they'd probably create a rather obvious salary cap imbalance.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England
Re: compensatory picks

it's not just compensatory picks, its 5th year options, RFAs, more than one tag. they are all interlinked when building or plannng a roster. over the top of this is contract flex. the biggest example for me is you have a qb who is getting say 10m guaranteed and 15m salary in a 5 yr dealbut its is progressive as that how madden does it. if i have 25m spare cap in the current year why cant i use 15m now to decrease 15m later, the player isnt going to complain.
Ueauvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Probably my biggest bugaboo about franchise mode with respect to missing gameplay mechanics is the lack of compensatory draft picks. Comp picks affect how teams approach free agency and how they handle contract extensions with second- and third-tier players. Their absence from the game is pretty obvious and glaring to me, personally.

That said, comp picks probably can't be implemented effectively without a change in how player contract demands work. In the current system, they'd probably create a rather obvious salary cap imbalance.
Compensatory picks are kind of low hanging fruit to me as I think they could add them relatively easily. I think the biggest issue is getting the system of issuing them to match the NFL system will be difficult as that is still somewhat a mystery to most.

I think a contract rework is coming, but it'll be a total overhaul when it comes and it'll be tied with updating FA as well.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter @T4Verts
T4VERTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: compensatory picks

Should be able to mod the draft order.. on pc anyway.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 AM   #7
Rookie
 
elchristo's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
Re: compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Compensatory picks are kind of low hanging fruit to me as I think they could add them relatively easily. I think the biggest issue is getting the system of issuing them to match the NFL system will be difficult as that is still somewhat a mystery to most.

I think a contract rework is coming, but it'll be a total overhaul when it comes and it'll be tied with updating FA as well.
i wish they would add a stats thing, where we could see all time stats for all the hall of famers etc
elchristo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:17 AM   #8
Pro
 
briz1046's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Re: compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Compensatory picks are kind of low hanging fruit to me as I think they could add them relatively easily. I think the biggest issue is getting the system of issuing them to match the NFL system will be difficult as that is still somewhat a mystery to most.

I think a contract rework is coming, but it'll be a total overhaul when it comes and it'll be tied with updating FA as well.
To be fair they added Practice Squads where rules are equally complex , but with vastly simplified rules rather than the real NFL system , and they have IR in place but with the wrong outdated rules , so adding compensatory picks with their own logic shouldn't be an issue
briz1046 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Top -