Home

compensatory picks

This is a discussion on compensatory picks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-18-2018, 05:56 AM   #1
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

OVR: 0
compensatory picks

do we know if there will be compensatory picks in this years madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
MVP

Re: compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchristo
do we know if there will be compensatory picks in this years madden?
No there won't.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Probably my biggest bugaboo about franchise mode with respect to missing gameplay mechanics is the lack of compensatory draft picks. Comp picks affect how teams approach free agency and how they handle contract extensions with second- and third-tier players. Their absence from the game is pretty obvious and glaring to me, personally.

That said, comp picks probably can't be implemented effectively without a change in how player contract demands work. In the current system, they'd probably create a rather obvious salary cap imbalance.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

it's not just compensatory picks, its 5th year options, RFAs, more than one tag. they are all interlinked when building or plannng a roster. over the top of this is contract flex. the biggest example for me is you have a qb who is getting say 10m guaranteed and 15m salary in a 5 yr dealbut its is progressive as that how madden does it. if i have 25m spare cap in the current year why cant i use 15m now to decrease 15m later, the player isnt going to complain.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Probably my biggest bugaboo about franchise mode with respect to missing gameplay mechanics is the lack of compensatory draft picks. Comp picks affect how teams approach free agency and how they handle contract extensions with second- and third-tier players. Their absence from the game is pretty obvious and glaring to me, personally.

That said, comp picks probably can't be implemented effectively without a change in how player contract demands work. In the current system, they'd probably create a rather obvious salary cap imbalance.
Compensatory picks are kind of low hanging fruit to me as I think they could add them relatively easily. I think the biggest issue is getting the system of issuing them to match the NFL system will be difficult as that is still somewhat a mystery to most.

I think a contract rework is coming, but it'll be a total overhaul when it comes and it'll be tied with updating FA as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Should be able to mod the draft order.. on pc anyway.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:30 AM   #7
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Compensatory picks are kind of low hanging fruit to me as I think they could add them relatively easily. I think the biggest issue is getting the system of issuing them to match the NFL system will be difficult as that is still somewhat a mystery to most.

I think a contract rework is coming, but it'll be a total overhaul when it comes and it'll be tied with updating FA as well.
i wish they would add a stats thing, where we could see all time stats for all the hall of famers etc
Old 06-19-2018, 03:17 AM   #8
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS

To be fair they added Practice Squads where rules are equally complex , but with vastly simplified rules rather than the real NFL system , and they have IR in place but with the wrong outdated rules , so adding compensatory picks with their own logic shouldn't be an issue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »