Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #89
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I agree with this but I think you are really underestimating the worldwide appeal of basketball. Football is almost only North America, basketball is all over. I would think as far as major sports go, it would be soccer, basketball and then football as far as popularity goes. I'm sure there's some metrics out there somewhere that would support this or refute it.
I think you underestimate the popularity of the NFL in other parts slightly , whilst obviously it's a more niche sport it's way more popular in the UK than basketball imo , if 2k sells better than Madden elsewhere in the world it's almost certainly due to product not the sport
Old 06-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #90
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Some would say madden 25 was that stripped down version of the game. Just my opinion
Your right, some could say that and that didn't pick up the pacing after Madden 25 was released till now.

My point still stands, though, two very different companies.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #91
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Honestly as time goes on, and people post more and more, I'm starting to believe that point not to be true. Some of the things I see people post in response, or defense of Madden, leads me to believe they do not want the type of NFL game that I do.
If the cpu plays a lot smarter I'll be very happy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #92
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Kendrick
Yeah... Ok that's it. I'm done. *I haven't been impressed with what I've seen of Madden 19 (it looks exactly the same as it has the past 3 years with a few minor tweaks). They clearly don't get it and they likely never will. I had hoped with the previous Madden developer moving on things would change for the better but that was clearly a pipe dream. I should have known better.*
Thing is, this game is the work of the previous regime. The new regime is simply promoting this product because it's what will hit the shelves in a few months. Their influence on the game will come in future iterations.

I like Ben and I'm encouraged by his acknowledgement that the community wants a weekly wrap up show. That's a starting point I don't think we reached previously. I would strongly encourage him to look past the highlights as a block to getting something out there - for me it doesn't make or break the wrap up show as a feature - and they could easily do something like MLB The Show does with its daily wrap up show but make it a more visual thing. Put an image up with the score of the game, a pic from that game behind it, some key stats or the storyline and then have some audio to support that. I don't see highlights, especially if it's that difficult from a technical standpoint, as pivotal to adding something that would enhance immersion.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #93
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
If the cpu plays a lot smarter I'll be very happy
This would definitely be a step towards the type of Madden I'd like to play.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #94
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I imagine it takes just as much to steer NBA2k, but they seem to handle it pretty well.
But doesn't EA make much more money off of Madden? Not in sales of units, but say MUT.

I'm asking btw
Old 06-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #95
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

The main problem that I think everyone can agree on. When it comes to innovation, especially innovation in technology things are supposed to improve not regress. People reflect on nfl 2k5 and even older maddens as the gold standard. But madden hasn't gotten better and some would even say with the introduction of CFM things have actually taken steps back.

Case in point no one with an iPhone 8 is looking back fondly wishing they still had an iPhone 1. Why? Because the iPhone 8 is a vastly better product that has maximized the technological advancements available to it. No one with a brand new state of the art Mac book is fondly looking back wishing they still made em like the DOS processor.

You could argue that these are two different cases. They are not. The PlayStation 4/ Xbox 1 are vastly superior machines to the PlayStation 2/ Xbox. So why is the product not improving? Other games are getting better. Just look at franchise staples like grand theft auto V and uncharted 4. Everyone will largely agree that these games linear progress has surpassed their predeccors.

You want to honestly tell me that it's technical limitations that is holding madden back???? Don't get me wrong madden has been improving. But has been improving at a snails pace compared to other games. This leads me to believe there really is no motivation to innovate or break from the status quo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 05:27 PM   #96
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
The main problem that I think everyone can agree on. When it comes to innovation, especially innovation in technology things are supposed to improve not regress. People reflect on nfl 2k5 and even older maddens as the gold standard. But madden hasn't gotten better and some would even say with the introduction of CFM things have actually taken steps back.
We can't even agree on that. There are people that feel Madden has more than surpassed those old football titles. I'm not one of them, lol, but there are more than a handful of people on this very site that believe Madden is the gold standard now. Not as good as it could be, or should be, but that it is the best NFL game to date.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »