Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #177
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I guess the argument is "Look at everything that 2K does or did 15 years ago, Madden needs to get their **** together and follow suit" As you guys say EA has a completely different philosophical approach so that isn't going to happen, now okay then what's the next discussion point. For some there isn't one, so round and round we go.
Nah. Thats your weak tired deflecting argument. My post speaks for itself. It also illustrates why I don't expect Madden to change course. Which I'm fine with, BTW. I adjusted my expectations and time/money spent on Madden years ago. There is no next discussion point for me. Just giving my 2 cents.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #178
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This is interesting; especially the last part. I've been coming here for over a decade and and during that time games like Live and The Show have dropped from my gaming catalog for various reasons. I don't care for those games anymore and typically don't visit those sections on the forums either. Now, I know everyone isn't me and vice versa, but I find it comical the same handful of guys that are and have been done with Madden and EA find there way back to this section around this time of the year. Every. Year.

It's like the guy scrambling to pick up his phone when it rings after he's dumped thinking it's his ex. Maybe the game really isn't for you anymore for whatever reason?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Most of what you said is true but I don't blame guys who want to spend their money on what they likeor dont. With that being said for me I look at the glass being half full. I love football period and have made sacrifices each year with Madden's mediocrity.

We all hope that they get it together because we'll there is no other football gaming company. Buying Madden each doesn't mean you approve of everything in the game it could be as simple as getting your football fix..
Old 06-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #179
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My .02 cents.

Based on my past history, I noticed my ideas are heard quicker and more on Twitter by asking the Developers. On OS, it might take several years to get a response and a chance of it being implemented into the game.

I am a firm believer of Twitter and the instant response you may or may not receive. My response rate has been about 50/50.

Maybe some people are blocked on Twitter or don't want to set up an account, I don't know, but then, yeah, OS would be the place to get your voice heard.
I never really felt acknowledgement/ a response on Twitter but maybe it's because I only tweet about getting rid of XP lol

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 06-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #180
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd just like to see Madden have the same immersion as some of the other football games of the past. I'd love to see the score updates that were in NCAA, the highlights from NFL 2k5, it needs something. I just wish Tiburon were more aggressive with Madden. Hell I'd be happy if they brought back player of the game.

There's just a lazy or careless approach to implementation with the Madden franchise. Not calling the devs lazy at all, I know those guys bust their *** for EA, but the way things are untouched, or left in the game, or just simply omitted, it gives me that impression. I just wish they attacked their game in a more aggressive fashion.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #181
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
This is interesting; especially the last part. I've been coming here for over a decade and and during that time games like Live and The Show have dropped from my gaming catalog for various reasons. I don't care for those games anymore and typically don't visit those sections on the forums either. Now, I know everyone isn't me and vice versa, but I find it comical the same handful of guys that are and have been done with Madden and EA find there way back to this section around this time of the year. Every. Year.

It's like the guy scrambling to pick up his phone when it rings after he's dumped thinking it's his ex. Maybe the game really isn't for you anymore for whatever reason?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
This right here is so tired, the veiled notion of "if you don't like it don't play it, move on AND STFU ". This notion, like many others, is so old hat because at this point it's been countered repeatedly why people don't just STFU. That's besides the point that either what is being said about the game has merit or it doesn't. If it has merit and it's valid, no matter what it is, should be known, an informed consumer is a good thing. Notice I didn't single out just issues but anything that has merit about any game is valid. Just because with Madden the valid issues for sports emulation far outweigh the valid substance, ain't anybody's fault but EA Tib.

Also it baffles me why some want to pretend to not understand that all this is just discussion for posters like me. No different than going on a forum about a myriad of topics that I don't expect to result in anything other than marking some time and maybe gleaning some new info.

For me considering I play Madden very little at this point, to at least have some first hand experience with the product I discuss, my POV is the opposite of yours. Games I actually play extensively I don't end up discussing much if any because I enjoy them and would rather be playing than talking about them. I especially couldn't care less what valid issues other have with games I enjoy nor does that impact me in the least bit. To borrow your analogy, it's like a guy in a relationship with a female caring about what other guys think of her.

With Madden, since I don't get enough enjoyment playing and there is no other current licensed football game to play, I get my "fix" from the discussion.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-20-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #182
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd just like to see Madden have the same immersion as some of the other football games of the past. I'd love to see the score updates that were in NCAA, the highlights from NFL 2k5, it needs something. I just wish Tiburon were more aggressive with Madden. Hell I'd be happy if they brought back player of the game.

There's just a lazy or careless approach to implementation with the Madden franchise. Not calling the devs lazy at all, I know those guys bust their *** for EA, but the way things are untouched, or left in the game, or just simply omitted, it gives me that impression. I just wish they attacked their game in a more aggressive fashion.
I agree with all of this.

And with over a decade on here, nothing has changed with their process of manufacturing the game.

We, at OS, are not going to change that process based on the past decade.

For example, some people wanted a franchise overhaul this year, and based on past history, I knew they would offer three or four improvements for this Madden. It's like clockwork.

If you go back to the Carlos interview, it's similar to listening to a Rex interview when he climbed aboard. We are going to lay a foundation, get gameplay right, and build up from there.

Last edited by roadman; 06-20-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #183
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with all of this.

And with over a decade on here, nothing has changed with their process of manufacturing the game.

We, at OS, are not going to change that process based on the past decade.
It's also frustrating when I hear guys that are supposed to represent us to an extent(game changers) say that things have changed. They still develop the game in pieces and I've heard guys say that's not true anymore.

Just for an off topic example, the new qb animations are a WELCOME change for me, but then I see some of the same broken "walk up" animations in the footage, and the same awkward qb throwing animations. For once I'd like to see something TOTALLY addressed in one year. It just throws off the balance.

I don't know if this is confirmed, but I heard that the half-time show was changed. Again I don't know, but I could see them just touching half time and leaving post game absolutely the same. Stuff like that just irks me.

I also noticed how they change the QB introductions, again, a very welcome change for me, but why leave in that same cutscene where the wide receiver taps the QB on the top of the helmet? It's been the same for years.

I just get tired of things not changing year after year.

Some people might have the opinion that I don't enjoy Madden. I do. I like the game. I've played it more the past few years than I ever have(16,17,18), but I'm not gonna front or lie like it's a good game. It's not a good game to me, yet I still enjoy it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-20-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #184
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus

If you're going to try to tell me that PS2 era Madden was better then I'm going to take this opportunity to remind you that Randy Moss was the best DT in the league for most of those games, and Brian Finneran was the most dominant WR who ever lived.
"Randy moss the best DT in the league"?!?! Are you being sarcastic? If not how old are you?

I ask because randy moss is a hall of famer and might be the most physically gifted WR to play the game so I am confused. Might have been before your era

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »