Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #185
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
"Randy moss the best DT in the league"?!?! Are you being sarcastic? If not how old are you?

I ask because randy moss is a hall of famer and might be the most physically gifted WR to play the game so I am confused. Might have been before your era
I think he was making the point that you could place players in any position and they'd perform exceptionally in the game? IDK, that's how it came off to me, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #186
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd just like to see Madden have the same immersion as some of the other football games of the past. I'd love to see the score updates that were in NCAA, the highlights from NFL 2k5, it needs something. I just wish Tiburon were more aggressive with Madden. Hell I'd be happy if they brought back player of the game.

There's just a lazy or careless approach to implementation with the Madden franchise. Not calling the devs lazy at all, I know those guys bust their *** for EA, but the way things are untouched, or left in the game, or just simply omitted, it gives me that impression. I just wish they attacked their game in a more aggressive fashion.

This is the one thing i think often gets lost or misconstrued when someone points out clear issues with how they develop the game from year to year, issues that are still there , things that are missing etc.

For some reason many think you are attacking the devs .Saying they do nothing . When in reality , i believe most of us who have issues with just "accepting" these things as ok , really take a huge issue with EA because these issues continue to keep going on. Most of us realize, this company is raking in literally 100s of MILLIONS per year just off Madden.We have consoles that are more than twice as powerful as 2004-6 era. Yet with all that money and more powerful systems ...... EA fails to deliver. Not because they can't but simply because they choose , as a company( at the higher levels) , not too.

That is some of the main reason so many are so ticked off with them. Not the devs. Im sure they , like most people who work anymore anywhere , are overworked and under paid for what they are doing. Because that is a common business model now in days, to turn more profit faster for the company( i should know i learned all about it in business college 2 decades ago). The company has more than enough funds to improve this game more than they do, but instead they just trickle things out. That is the real issue that many have , but always gets turned back on us , like we are trying to attack the devs or just want to hate madden at all costs. Which both are false. We really desire a current gen feeling NFL simulation football game.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #187
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I think he was making the point that you could place players in any position and they'd perform exceptionally in the game? IDK, that's how it came off to me, lol.
That's what if figures he meant. That's why I asked if he was being sarcastic lol.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #188
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm speaking more to mechanics than exposure. Madden 18 might be the most balanced, most consistent, and most reliable online head-to-head sports game I've ever touched.

On the exposure front, however: last I read (about a month ago via PastaPadre), that NBA 2K league has been a colossal flop so far. 2K's e-sport scene simply can't touch Madden's right now. The Madden scene admittedly isn't huge relative to Fortnite or Overwatch, but it's been around for over a decade and a firmly entrenched fixture on the periphery of the scene because it grew organically over time.
Iím guessing youíve never touched FIFA then.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #189
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Is everyone who is defending EA and tiburon really happy with how little was added this year? Iíll tell you if 2k released this little info I can assure you the 2k community would be up in arms. But we are at a point where we expect mass info in all areas of the game from them because they set a high bar! Are you guys just complacent and used to it with madden so you accept the small changes and are ok with it?

The argument or debate started with people saying 11 v 11 is not comparable and itís ďtoo hardĒ for madden to add this or that, and triple A games are just too tough to develop. Hence the well others are doing it or others have done it argument which is fact. Ncaa football 08 was great imo. I loved that game. Itís been 10 years so my memory of everything that was in it is foggy, but I do remember loving it and I do remember liking how the CPU AI played in that game for itís time. So, itís been done before. That NCAA team went above and beyond and Ben was at the head correct?

Like Sage, others, and I have said it seems lazy. You can deflect all you want... I have no idea why Rex left, but I canít help but feel like it was partly out of frustration of trying to fight the good fight. Compared to last year and the huge list of legacy issues they knocked out this year isnt even comparable... What legacy issues were fixed this year anyways? Wind meter? Challenge system? Pocket presence? I could go on and on and on... Shoot, last year they even took resources away from the game, spent 2-3 years on longshot (I never even tried it out of principle), and took a guy over to NBA Live all year. Taking huge resources away from 1 of its best selling games. Thatís crazy no? I will say IMO it is a good thing though that EA is doing a Beta for 2 weeks! I canít ever remember them doing that before? Hopefully this impacts and helps the final product we see on release (Iím sure it will). Thatís a positive step imo. I do think EA is scared to tinker too much though and screw everything up. I get the analogy used earlier of steering the aircraft carrier. But 2k just isnít scared to try new things and continue to be innovative.

If people read the article I posted earlier in this thread in how EA is constantly rated 1 of the worst companies to work for, got sued by employees for not paying overtime, getting exclusive licensing then immediately putting out games with less and less features, etc itís no wonder we are where we are. The only argument I would buy from anyone is the suits are holding the devs back. If thatís not the issue then itís just flat out a lack of vision, lack of ability to make it happen, or a lack of leadership? What else can it possibly be? I donít buy itís too hard... sorry...

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Old 06-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #190
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
I just get tired of things not changing year after year.

Some people might have the opinion that I don't enjoy Madden. I do. I like the game. I've played it more the past few years than I ever have(16,17,18), but I'm not gonna front or lie like it's a good game. It's not a good game to me, yet I still enjoy it.
My sentiments exactly... Just because we are frustrated with things and holding a higher standard for them and what the game is lacking doesnít mean I donít play it or enjoy it ďfor what it isĒ...

Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #191
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
This is the one thing i think often gets lost or misconstrued when someone points out clear issues with how they develop the game from year to year, issues that are still there , things that are missing etc.

For some reason many think you are attacking the devs .Saying they do nothing . When in reality , i believe most of us who have issues with just "accepting" these things as ok , really take a huge issue with EA because these issues continue to keep going on. Most of us realize, this company is raking in literally 100s of MILLIONS per year just off Madden.We have consoles that are more than twice as powerful as 2004-6 era. Yet with all that money and more powerful systems ...... EA fails to deliver. Not because they can't but simply because they choose , as a company( at the higher levels) , not too.

That is some of the main reason so many are so ticked off with them. Not the devs. Im sure they , like most people who work anymore anywhere , are overworked and under paid for what they are doing. Because that is a common business model now in days, to turn more profit faster for the company( i should know i learned all about it in business college 2 decades ago). The company has more than enough funds to improve this game more than they do, but instead they just trickle things out. That is the real issue that many have , but always gets turned back on us , like we are trying to attack the devs or just want to hate madden at all costs. Which both are false. We really desire a current gen feeling NFL simulation football game.
Well said! Great post!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #192
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Vann;

I appreciate your passion to help try to change Madden, many others in the past decade have had the same passion as you have. A lot of people have had your same energy and here we are. The revels start coming in around June, comments are made positive or negative before the game arrives, once the game is out, some stay a few weeks after release or more and then leave until June comes around again.

For me, it's not about being complacent at all. It's all about historical references and history, most of the times, history is a good predictor of the future.

Once EA Tibs proves me wrong, I will admit to it, but I fail to see EA Tib changing their processes.

Last edited by roadman; 06-20-2018 at 12:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »