Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #257
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Eh, the victim card goes both ways and it should end on both sides.

Hello, Rex, is that you or hello Ben, is that you or Do you have ties with EA, etc.......

Just because some can tolerate the game more than others shouldn't have a label addressed to them and the opposite should work the same. Just because people are frustrated with the game, they shouldn't be labeled, either.

I think AJ's post makes the picture a bit more clearer and frustrating on all different levels.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #258
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think we may not be on the same page. What my point essentially is is that just because Madden has a more in-depth on field gameplay experience does not excuse it from the fact that things like contracts and trading are so off.

In OOTP I can set the trading difficulty I want. I can set it to where the AI values prospects and veterans similarly or I can make it to where they favor one a bit more than the other or I can make it to where they favor one a whole lot more than the other.

When negotiating with another team for a trade it actually is in-depth and takes days in-game for the negotiations to fall through. The whole system is much deeper than what Madden delivers.

When it comes to contracts, Madden's are bad, we all know it. In OOTP contracts and negotiations are much closer to real life and complex like real life. I can offer incentives, bonuses for stats and awards, options, no trade clauses, etc. You actually negotiate with the player in a better manner. The demand for money is much more in line with the real world with each varying level of talent. I can't sign everyone I want and be under cap space easily like I can in Madden since star players demand half of what they would get paid in real life.

There is no excuse as to why Madden lacks that sort of depth all throughout their franchise mode.
Those are some good points my man. And to touch on stinkubus point that 11 on 11 is harder to code. FIFA is 11 vs 11. And while yes gameplay is not as complex in soccer as in madden, you can actually set each individual players responsibilities and tendencies throughout the field in the squads menu. If you want a guy cutting in and out of the box you tell him to do so. If you want a midfielder holding the defensive line, he will do that. It's a far cry from having 4 generic schemes to choose from.

And to touch back on canes21 point on contract negotiations and bonuses, I will once again use FIFA 18 as an example. This year they implemented interactive contract negotiations where you can offer signing bonuses as well as performance bonuses for things such as games played, goals scored, clean sheets etc. players also are aware of their worth and will seek compensation accordingly. Sometimes players will not want to play for your team anymore and will flat out demand a transfer (trade)

Their is also a constantly updating news feed with updates from every league around the world including players of the week, month and year. Potential player signings and transfers (basically trades for money to sign other players), player discontent, plus many others to extensive to name. It fully immersed you and make sure you feel like you are apart of the world of FIFA

Madden has the capabilities to do all of this hey just don't. I get it they want sexy back of the box features that pander to the online competitive/ ultimate team community and unfortunately these do not fit that agenda.

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 06-21-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #259
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

I think the Devs feel the need to upgrade zones each year because of how much focus the comp community has on finding and perfecting money plays. Zones are the only feature theyíve actually continued to ďimproveĒ every year so itís obvious that they are just prioritizing what they feel the community that they tailor to wants.

Iím at the point that if each cycle has enough improvements to make my online CFM league fresh then iíll get it. And if it repeats the M18 tragedy then I will save my $65 and play 2k, PES, fifa, PUBG etc.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #260
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I sometimes feel like madden has no clue what they want to be. It's like one year their excuse is they can't add deeper features because they are switching to frostbite engine. Then the next year it's like, well we were busy adding RPM and foot planting. Then the next year we weren't happy with frostbite or the RPM so now we're going with robo bobo Babbitty boo bla so essentially we are starting over again.

I think madden just needs to pick a direction and stick to it. And constantly build features on top of what they have already done to make it a deeper experience. I will give them credit. People have said for years how much we hate CFM compared to the old franchise model as well as xp but at least they stuck to their guns on that.

We're 5 years into this console gen and it feels like madden is still trying to figure out who and what it wants to be.

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 06-21-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:36 AM   #261
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Trying to please competitive, sim/franchise and casual gamers all at the same time..thatís the Madden team mission right? Ultimately will fail.
Have they not heard the saying ďjack of all trades, master of noneĒ.

Back in the PS2 days Madden with Pat Summerall and John Madden was better overall then todayís game. Dated of course, but it had one thing...it knew what it was trying to do, and that was mimic the best it could with the technology it had at the time, the NFL. It succeeded. maybe if the developers tried to develop a football game for NFL fans who play video games, instead of a game forďgamersĒ it could compete with the other sports games.
I agree... itís crazy to me as I just think in all sports games the more authentic and true to life you represent the sport the better off all modes are. I understand the competitive side not wanting botched snaps, etc in for obvious reasons. Ok fine, well make it a slider and/or a toggle button with on or off. Make that a sim mode option? I see competitive guys excited about the new changes to cover 3 and cover 4 palms (depends on how man to man works though) and thatís why? More authenticity added that benefit us both the sim and competitive gamer. Make sure everything that is added has a counter to it on both sides of the ball and I think both sides are happy. Make sure when you add shading inside or outside it works as it was intended too as a risk/reward like the run commit. I just think catering to 1 or the other is silly. Just represent the real life NFL and ďif itís in the game itís in the gameĒ and I believe everyone would happy in the end.

As far as coordinaters go like mentioned before thatís ridiculous and see what 2k does. We edit them and have fake gmís, assistants etc.

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #262
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I sometimes feel like madden has no clue what they want to be. It's like one year their excuse is they can't add deeper features because they are switching to frostbite engine. Then the next year it's like, well we were busy adding RPM and foot planting. Then the next year we weren't happy with frostbite or the RPM so now we're going with robo bobo Babbitty boo bla so essentially we are starting over again.

I think madden just needs to pick a direction and stick to it. And constantly build features on top of what they have already done to make it a deeper experience. I will give them credit. People have said for years how much we hate CFM compared to the old franchise model as well as experience but at least they stuck to their guns on that.
Thatís the thing with madden lol.. they have had legacy issues dating back to ps2/Xbox days still in this game with code that they have literally no clue what their functions are, yet consistently put more code into the game that ends up being left alone for years. And it just piles up every single year, mostly untouched. They need a complete redo, or at least thoroughly investigate what the old code does and what it will change when itís removed and take as much of it out as possible. Rework the game to make it look like it has been made in 2018 (not talking about graphics). And then actually stick to their word of building new features.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #263
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Those are some good points my man. And to touch on stinkubus point that 11 on 11 is harder to code. FIFA is 11 vs 11. And while yes gameplay is not as complex in soccer as in madden, you can actually set each individual players responsibilities and tendencies throughout the field in the squads menu. If you want a guy cutting in and out of the box you tell him to do so. If you want a midfielder holding the defensive line, he will do that. It's a far cry from having 4 generic schemes to choose from.
Ncaa football was 11 v 11 too and they figured it out and did a pretty damn good job imo.

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Old 06-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #264
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Isn't it possible that the Madden game focus has changed over the years? Maybe the depth of CFM has been sacrificed for Longshot and online gameplay, yes? Therefore, a comparison may not be fair because the game that Madden is becoming is less CFM depth and more online depth. Maybe Madden is no longer striving for an in-depth CFM?

I would like to see more depth in CFM. I would like to see CFM be a little more immersive in its atmosphere. I have come to the conclusion that more of Longshot's core abilities will be transferred into CFM over the next 3 years or so.
I think this is a very good point stress. You may have hit the nail on the head. The answer could be as simple as they just don't care about CFM because they don't feel it will sell more games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »