Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #273
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I know that many would argue that they should have know from monitoring various forms of social media over the years exactly what we wanted in terms of adding coaching staffs, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Whether on Twitter or through the GCs the message of, "hey we don't care it they're all fake, we want coordinators anyway" didn't seem to really sink in for a long time. Or it could be possible that they did know, but for some reason organizationally they were married to the concept of real coordinators.

Another part or it IMO is them figuring out how they were going to incorporate them fully into the game while still utilizing the XP system which they don't want to scrape. The chatter makes it seem like they've finally figured some things out.

People with some juice in the company are always going to have their pet projects that are to get put in even if isn't something that the consumers have asked for or even want. Some stay around, like "beyond broadcast", Some eventually get modified, "XP", and other crash and burn immediately, "Target Passing"

Those kind of things will always gum up the works when it comes to the team having the resources to work on the stuff that people here really want.
I honestly don't believe that. I think the whole we didn't give it to you guys because we wanted to give you real coordinators is just pacification to be honest lol.

Then again I could be wrong. Maybe they figure it they are going to do it they might as well go all the way or not at all
Old 06-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #274
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I'm thinking what's meant is they formulate various features , with details of what each would do / affect and how that would be achieved , including what work would be involved to introduce this , rather than actually do the work itself in any physical form

I know what he refers to by "designed and fleshed out". My comment still stands.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #275
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I 100% believe that they could fix this today, but are deathly afraid of running off most of their casual players.
I agree....but, that's what arcade mode is for though.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #276
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Lot of revisionist history with NCAA. Love the game and still play it but it had its issues that were voiced loudly on here at the time it was out especially concerning the ease of running the option and the weak CPU run game. Pretty sure deep safety coverage was still an issue as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Every game has its flaws and no game is perfect. The thing I remember with that game is how deep it was with options though. It had the camera shake on away games, it had what madden just added last year with coaching adjustments, scouting, etc. I could go on and on. That was a 2008 game though. Itís been years since I played it, but for 2008 (10 years ago) it was a great playing game and a deep one at that. Iíd still like to see some of those features make its way to madden. The atmospheres, camera shake, etc. I loved that stuff! I do remember with good sliders having a great time playing vs the CPU which I canít say Iíve ever really had with madden personally. It was 1000x better when assigning CPU gameplans and playbooks though...

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Old 06-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #277
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
People with some juice in the company are always going to have their pet projects that are to get put in even if isn't something that the consumers have asked for or even want. Some stay around, like "beyond broadcast", Some eventually get modified, "XP", and other crash and burn immediately, "Target Passing"
It has always seemed to me like Madden's devs seem to value their own ideas more so than those of the gamers. Good examples in this post, but let's look at CFM this year.

Untouched last year CFM basically went two cycles untouched. For two cycles, games have asked for several key improvements/features in franchise. CPU roster management, CPU draft logic, trade logic, free agency, contracts, coordinators, better presentation, etc.

Custom draft classes is a big addition, and I'm wait and see on archetypes, but with all these features gamers have been asking for for two years now, why did they decide on 3D backgrounds and team captains? More stuff, like in your post, that nobody asked for.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #278
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Agreed. I'd assume the overwhelming majority of players wouldn't even know the assistants of their favorite team so if Madden had the positions, but not real coaches in there not many would complain. If they were editable and shareable with the roster then it would also help alleviate any issues.

There does seem to be more of a disconnect than I realized with things like this. Even here on OS I would imagine most of us would want them in even if it meant they were all fictional people. Let us edit them completely and share them and we'd all be happy.

It seems the devs cannot understand what the community is looking for in these features and they think they require so much more to be happy and it just isn't true. That may be where "they're so hard to please" lines come from all of the time. They think we want feature A with B, C, and D tacked onto it when really feature A in a basic form is all we really want and wouldn't mind to see it be added to over the years.
Exactlu what I was getting at. Coaching staffs are such a big part of a football organization in general, it's almost inconceivable that they're not in the game in 2018.

That's not to mention scouts, public relations/marketing people, agents, local television/media, national television/media, alumni, etc.

It's just sad to think of what Franchise could be compared to what Madden thinks it should be for whatever reason. I have my theories (ultimately, no matter what they say, EA doesn't want you to devote time in a Franchise...they want you to play MUT) but at some point I've accepted the vision they have.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #279
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I honestly don't believe that. I think the whole we didn't give it to you guys because we wanted to give you real coordinators is just pacification to be honest lol.

Then again I could be wrong. Maybe they figure it they are going to do it they might as well go all the way or not at all
Agreed. They could give us a year or two of fake coordinators and use the time to iron out all the kinks and expand the feature beyond the shallow year-one treatment new features usually get. Then, when they work out whatever it is they need to figure out with the coach's union (or lack thereof), there's already a full and workable system in which to incorporate real coordinators--then when they do so they can announce it and pair it with some sort of "start as a coordinator and work your way up" feature like with the NCAA games.

Instead we have to wait another few years before coordinators get added at all, and we'll start at that shallow year-one baseline.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #280
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
It has always seemed to me like Madden's devs seem to value their own ideas more so than those of the gamers. Good examples in this post, but let's look at CFM this year.

Untouched last year CFM basically went two cycles untouched. For two cycles, games have asked for several key improvements/features in franchise. CPU roster management, CPU draft logic, trade logic, free agency, contracts, coordinators, better presentation, etc.

Custom draft classes is a big addition, and I'm wait and see on archetypes, but with all these features gamers have been asking for for two years now, why did they decide on 3D backgrounds and team captains? More stuff, like in your post, that nobody asked for.
I'm not sure about the 3D backgrounds, but T4Verts did a survey on OS in January or so and he sent it over to John White. 4 of the 5 top requests made it into CFM.

Take it for what it's worth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »