Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #281
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The problem is that constantly fixing zones is just a band-aid. IMO, the problem is that the game's pass rush dynamics make it too easy for the kids to "roll to the right" every play. If we had legitimate pocket formation and collapse that forces you to step-up in the pocket rather than merely sprint outside every time, those passing windows and coverages become much more challenging to complete and exploit.
Exactly. Thereís so many things fundamentally wrong and just not football that is in madden that makes playing h2h against randoms unbearable for me. I strictly play madden for my online CFM because we try to actually play football and not this madden mess we have now.

The game is completely based on this game balance concept where something that you do HAS to have an equal and opposite counter to it that makes it a huge wacky cluster of nonsense. This is football, if you make the foundation based on the fundamentals of football and then add college/NFL layers to it then you donít need to have every situation be ďthis has to happen or that has to happen.Ē In sports itís rarely one thing happens or the other, itís a mix of a lot of factors that gives a predictable unpredictability which makes it fun to play and watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 01:28 PM   #282
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not sure about the 3D backgrounds, but T4Verts did a survey on OS in January or so and he sent it over to John White. 4 of the 5 top requests made it into CFM.

Take it for what it's worth.
That's good to hear. I'm not trying to fall into the "it's never enough" crowd, just listing out some things that I feel were heavily requested.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #283
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
That's good to hear. I'm not trying to fall into the "it's never enough" crowd, just listing out some things that I feel were heavily requested.
I just take this as different people have different priorities of what they want for their CFM. Customized Draft Class was #1 on the hit parade, but not something that I would be clamoring for.

Of course, I may use the feature and maybe I will like it a lot more.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #284
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
wow, a whole whopping 4 items made it in... Wait until NBA 2k drops their blogs. It will be 50-100 new items, just like last year. They actually have nearly all of the actual contract types and rules specified in their CBA. We don't even have an injury system in Madden. Hell, all of the rules aren't even there. I don't think people who don't play other sports games realize how far behind madden really is. It's 10 years easily, and that would be for a dev team that could crank things out. It might be 20 with Tiburon.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #285
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I agree....but, that's what arcade mode is for though.....
It's interesting, they have arcade mode, people play it, but it's seems taboo for them to do any marketing toward getting casual players to play it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 01:41 PM   #286
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I know what he refers to by "designed and fleshed out". My comment still stands.

Apologies, on looking back I've misread your post , however I also feel your misreading his reply to you

Didn't mean to come across as a smart arse, my mistake
Old 06-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #287
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBarber
Exactly. Thereís so many things fundamentally wrong and just not football that is in madden that makes playing h2h against randoms unbearable for me. I strictly play madden for my online CFM because we try to actually play football and not this madden mess we have now.

The game is completely based on this game balance concept where something that you do HAS to have an equal and opposite counter to it that makes it a huge wacky cluster of nonsense. This is football, if you make the foundation based on the fundamentals of football and then add college/NFL layers to it then you donít need to have every situation be ďthis has to happen or that has to happen.Ē In sports itís rarely one thing happens or the other, itís a mix of a lot of factors that gives a predictable unpredictability which makes it fun to play and watch.
I agree with you to a point. But I do think everything needs a counter. The way madden does things is they add something like the RB jukes last year and they make it overpowered. They fixed it this year supposedly and added the strafe 1 cut to counter. Thatís great yet a year lossed with it being OP. This year they add push the pile for offense yet how do we counter that? Why canít I do the same thing with my LB and we can truly fight for every inch? Some route concepts in certain zones you couldnít stop which is why again a year later they fixed it with trips and bunch turning into mable. Certain routes being OP because man coverage is broke. OK well band aid it until you get it right and make shading work as intended.

You are right though and Iím with you as far as build foundation and fundamentals properly and counters like above might not be needed. But for now I think counters most definitely are needed or we end up in offensive shootouts unless you heavily adjust sliders...

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Old 06-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #288
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
But you said designed and fleshed out then scrapped every year.

Which is it. Designed and fleshed out every year OR no ideas on board?
Uhh... I guess I'll rephrase... You cannot know what a feature will cost until it's designed. You must have a technical document to estimate a feature's cost, and you must have a design document to make a technical document. So more features that are going to be built are designed by necessity.

If you'd like a lesson on scrum game development and development life cycles, there are plenty of universities that offer such a course.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

ďThe only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.Ē
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »