Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
People buy Madden every year because they hope this is the year it finally changes. People buy NBA 2k or OOTP ever year because they support the developers and know to expect a quality product.
There are millions of people who buy Madden each year because they enjoy playing the game. We dgaf about halftime or weekly wrap up shows in franchise because we'd just skip them to get on to the next half/game, anyway.

You do not speak for the overwhelming majority of Madden's user base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
There are millions of people who buy Madden each year because they enjoy playing the game. We dgaf about halftime or weekly wrap up shows in franchise because we'd just skip them to get on to the next half/game, anyway.

You do not speak for the overwhelming majority of Madden's user base.
But you do?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #43
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I agree with your points. What I have a tough time understanding is that Madden has a huge developing team compared to other games and even 2k. This year IMO is very limited in features or things that were added. I can think of 5-10. Yet 2k adds 50-100 new things every year then builds on them in the following years. But with only a few big features added does it really take all year to develop those features with the whole team? Then we get a crazy bug filled EA play (their words). I just feel like there is a lot of down time in the EA offices with a lot of beer pong and cornhole being played to kill time. With such a huge team of devs and such limited features added itís hard to understand. Maybe after EA got sued for not paying employees overtime they eliminated overtime all together? Who knows... everything about this game year to year is underwhelming though for me compared to what other games do. Maybe 2k set my expectations too high. Itís funny every year when 2k releases their blogs how many Madden players pop in and say wow Iím jealous, EA take note, etc... maybe 1 day they do???
Agreed. Madden should take notes because 2k18 did 3.11m on PS4 while madden did 2.54m. While 570,000 copies doesn't sound like a lot at $65 a pop that's over 300 million dollars. Then you factor in all of the ultimate team money that extra 500,000 copies would generate darn near a billion dollars. That's a lot of cheddar to be leaving on the table.

Is he NBA really that much more popular than the NFL. No. But 2k18 is vastly deeper, accessible, and just flat out better game.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
But you do?
No, but I don't claim to, either.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #45
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Agreed. Madden should take notes because 2k18 did 3.11m on PS4 while madden did 2.54m. While 570,000 copies doesn't sound like a lot at $65 a pop that's over 300 million dollars. Then you factor in all of the ultimate team money that extra 500,000 copies would generate darn near a billion dollars. That's a lot of cheddar to be leaving on the table.

Is he NBA really that much more popular than the NFL. No. But 2k18 is vastly deeper, accessible, and just flat out better game.
This is true, at least somewhat. I would think that the NBA is a little more popular world wide. They have far more international stars in the NBA than in the NFL. That alone would open the NBA2k to a larger audience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #46
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Don’t forget 2k has competition too as opposed to madden which doesn’t which makes those numbers even more impressive...

Follow Here For NBA2k22 Playbook Updates
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...a-x-s-o-s.html
Old 06-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

The NBA does not even scratch the surface of the popularity of the NFL in North America. I firmly believe that if it actually met its potential, Madden could sell 15m copies. If the game blew people away, no rational person would even be thinking about another football game, much less games from over 12 years prior.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

While I agree with everything you are saying, I just gotta correct that $60 x 500,000 is $30 million, not $300.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »