Home

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #49
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
No, but I don't claim to, either.
He wasn't claiming to either. We are all simply saying the things that we think would make the game better. If they implemented these features you already said you would skip them, so they wouldn't effect you at all. So what's the big deal if they were added?
Old 06-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #50
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The NBA does not even scratch the surface of the popularity of the NFL in North America. I firmly believe that if it actually met its potential, Madden could sell 15m copies. If the game blew people away, no rational person would even be thinking about another football game, much less games from over 12 years prior.
I agree with this but I think you are really underestimating the worldwide appeal of basketball. Football is almost only North America, basketball is all over. I would think as far as major sports go, it would be soccer, basketball and then football as far as popularity goes. I'm sure there's some metrics out there somewhere that would support this or refute it.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #51
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
While I agree with everything you are saying, I just gotta correct that $60 x 500,000 is $30 million, not $300.
Lol. Math has never been my strong suit. Good catch. Still a lot of cash though right? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
This is true, at least somewhat. I would think that the NBA is a little more popular world wide. They have far more international stars in the NBA than in the NFL. That alone would open the NBA2k to a larger audience.
You would be correct. 2k had more world wide sales a few years ago under 1,000.000 units sold, but that would be more difficult to determine with digital sales, but probably not much has moved since then, either.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #53
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You would be correct. 2k had more world wide sales a few years ago under 1,000.000 units sold, but that would be more difficult to determine with digital sales, but probably not much has moved since then, either.
True, but in 2005 which some would argue was the peak year for video game football madden '05 did 4.5 million on PS2 alone, while 2k5 did around 2.6. NBA 2k isn't touching those numbers. Granted today's gaming environment is much different t with more stable online play and the rise in popularity of shooter games. But still, the demand is there it's the supply that is coming up short
Old 06-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
True, but in 2005 which some would argue was the peak year for video game football madden '05 did 4.5 million on PS2 alone, while 2k5 did around 2.6. NBA 2k isn't touching those numbers. Granted today's gaming environment is much different t with more stable online play and the rise in popularity of shooter games. But still, the demand is there it's the supply that is coming up short
Very true, the gaming landscape a lot since then and consoles have been streamlined since then.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #55
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
That's not really the best comparison in my opinion. Didn't 2k sell at 20 dollars forcing EA to lower madden just to compete? The sales would surely have been inflated due to that in my opinion.

That being said, I do think improvements to madden would help sales but probably not as much as we all think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #56
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I just feel like there is a lot of down time in the EA offices with a lot of beer pong and cornhole being played to kill time.
As someone with personal friends and former colleagues who do work for Tiburon now and/or did work for Tiburon in the recent past, I can assure you there is not "a lot of downtime".

I know these friends and colleagues in particular to exceptionally talented people. Further, I also know the stresses that they willingly endure to pursue a career they love. To that end, the dismissive and ignorant notion that these guys and girls are just sitting around drinking beers and yucking it up is frankly insulting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »