Home

Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show

This is a discussion on Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Forbes article on lack of Team Customization & Highlight Show

Its been long rumored that the NFL did not want EA to integrate ESPN into Madden so as to create competition with NFL Network....
Old 06-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #18
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

EA should just do what they want and say screw the NFL. We want to add PED suspensions, damnet we will. We want to bring concussions back and malcontent players, then who cares what the NFL says we will do that too. EA needs to grow a pair and rebel against authority.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #19
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
Its been long rumored that the NFL did not want EA to integrate ESPN into Madden so as to create competition with NFL Network....
I totally believe it. I wonder why EA wouldn't implement all the presentation they want using NFL Network instead.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
The hate the NFL but love football.

Between their Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness greed and donating a fraction of the proceeds and them charging the Department of Defense for military appreciation month I cannot stand what they have become.

Their greed and scandals are driving a wedge between themselves and the fan base just to make a little more money and make themselves look a little better.

The NFL restricting EA to certain features that may "tarnish the shield" is much lighter version of how they tried to sweep the CTE findings under the rug because they don't want people to think less of the League.

I for one have a hard time blaming EA for Madden's shortcomings when it was the NFL that gave EA the exclusive rights in the first place. EA promised exclusive content working closely with the NFL, however we have been given more restrictions since that time.

EA has certainly let us down with Madden at times, but we need to remember that it was the NFL that put us where we are at today.
Look no further than the relationship 2K has with the NBA, and ask yourself why does the NFL and EA not have that kind of relationship.
Exactly. The NFL restrictions place a huge damper on producing the game itself. The NFL most likely sees Madden as a marketing tool. It provides a way to get kids into the sport. So it needs to meet the NFL strict guidelines to "looking" great to a wide range of potential fans, future NFL consumers. As well as being attractive to current fans.

Creating an iteration of Madden involves not just Tib/EA executives, but the NFL executives. Considering how strict we know the NFL has been, imagine trying to create a fun, believable game, within an annual cycle, with 2 major controlling interests limiting creativity and production efficiency.

I have to assume the NFL is extremely top-down management. I feel sympathy towards Tiburon and the developers who have to work within an environment which could be extremely restrictive on multiple levels.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I totally believe it. I wonder why EA wouldn't implement all the presentation they want using NFL Network instead.
My guess would be something along the lines of CBS, FOX, and ESPN then complaining to the NFL they aren't getting representation in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but the more I read on the Madden and Show forums about what you can do in NBA2K that isn't available in these other games, and the flexibility/customization it has for the user, even though I am not a big basketball fan, it may be worth it to pick up 2k18 or 19 and try to enjoy a video game that will live up to lower expectations than the NFL game that seems to fall short of my hopes.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but the more I read on the Madden and Show forums about what you can do in NBA2K that isn't available in these other games, and the flexibility/customization it has for the user, even though I am not a big basketball fan, it may be worth it to pick up 2k18 or 19 and try to enjoy a video game that will live up to lower expectations than the NFL game that seems to fall short of my hopes.
This is what happened to me.

I grew so disgusted with Madden 13 that I gave up. My crew played 2K as well and everyone transitioned to that title annually.

I went from being the kid who watched 0 basketball and won GameStop Madden tournaments for sweatshirts and faceplates to the adult that buys madden at the end of the season for like 15$ but drops more than $150 in 2K and now watches a substantial amount of the NBA.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Not Madden related, but quote from that article:

Is this actually true? I've been playing 2K forever and I never knew this was a thing lol
No. NBA's "slower simulation engine" is just CPU v CPU gameplay, just like Madden's slow SuperSim.

Saw some article that was, "top 10 shadiest thing EA has done," and it claimed NCAA had player names on-disc, so sometimes you've gotta take these artcles with huge grains of salt.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-20-2018 at 01:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »