Home

hetfield's Madden 18 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order

This is a discussion on hetfield's Madden 18 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool hetfield's Madden 18 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order

Greetings, Madden Community!

So every year, despite the new and improved game modes that come out for major electronic sports franchises, I still find myself mostly obsessed with my favorite element of these games: the franchise mode fantasy draft. Whoever conceived the idea deserves no less than 3 Nobel Peace Prizes.

Anyway, though the concept has given me tremendous joy and infinite hours of exciting gameplay and management decisions, it has also given me frustration, especially during the initial snake draft process. I am something of a perfectionist when it comes to drafting from scratch, so there are countless times where I have abandoned teams after the first few rounds and restarted several more times thereafter.

In years past, people have occasionally uploaded simulated draft orders for similar games, but this doesn't appear to be the case for Madden, or at least recently. I've done the same thing for MLB The Show 17, so I figured I might as well do one for this game too. I would have done this for myself anyway, so might as well share!

I have essentially simulated all 32 picks of the 54 rounds of a Fantasy Draft in Franchise Mode with the most recent rosters as of September 10th and recorded the results. Since automatically simulating the draft takes you immediately to the franchise home screen and doesn't allow you to view the draft summary, I just selected the team with the first pick as the main User and simmed all the picks.

I have color-coded by position for easier viewing. My methodology is as follows:

Quarterbacks (QB). Red
Running Backs (HB/FB) Yellow
Receivers (WR/TE). Green
Offensive Linemen (T/G/C). Grey
Defensive Linemen (DE/DT). Dark Blue
Linebackers (OLB/MLB). Light Blue
Defensive Backs (CB/FS/SS). Pink
Special Teams (K/P). White

While this certainly does take some of the fun out of drafting organically with no expectation of what will happen, I myself have done the draft mode so many times that at this point I already know vaguely what's going to happen, so I figured I might as well put it all down on paper and use it as a guide, and boy is it helpful. It helps immensely when it comes to knowing what positions go when, like how quarterbacks go pretty immediately while running backs and offensive linemen take a bit longer to go off the board than one might expect.

That said, I have attached the spreadsheet as a PDF for viewing. Unfortunately, since OS for some reason doesn't allow uploads of spreadsheet files directly, I am offering to email it to anyone who would want to have an editable copy. I'm also planning on updating this possibly at the halfway point and towards the end of the season, as the changing ratings and sometimes positions do have an impact on when certain players tend to go.

Also, keep in mind this is only based on one simulation and doesn't guarantee when players will get picked. Some players have a wider 'round range', and will for example be taken sometimes in the 7th round, sometimes in the 10th. However, this should be a decently accurate estimate of what to expect.

Have lots of fun and let me know if you'd like an editable copy! Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Madden 18 Franchise Fantasy Draft.pdf (115.2 KB, 1172 views)

Last edited by hetfield426; 09-13-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 01:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: hetfield's Madden 18 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order

There's an app called Madden Fantasy that allows you to enter your draft pick and shows you players that normally get drafted on average around your pick for each round. Same idea but in app form. I like to look at the next couple rounds to see if a player I want will still be available. Also you can move those players onto a depth chart to keep track of your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska133
There's an app called Madden Fantasy that allows you to enter your draft pick and shows you players that normally get drafted on average around your pick for each round. Same idea but in app form. I like to look at the next couple rounds to see if a player I want will still be available. Also you can move those players onto a depth chart to keep track of your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Wow! I can't believe I've never heard of this before. This is tremendous! I guess that kind of makes my spreadsheet thing seem a bit dated. I guess this can still be used if people want a more macro look at the draft board. Thanks so much! I highly recommend that tool as well.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Nice work! I'm also a fantasy drafter, and definitely get frustrated with CPU draft logic. Like Nebraska133 mentioned, the madden fantasy app/website does a similar job, but I will be using your data in conjunction with theirs.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
Just started!

Is the app still available? I would love to use it but cannot find it on the IOS App Store:/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #6
Just started!

Is this in Snake Order?
Old 11-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #7
Rookie

I would like an editable copy. My email is [email protected]
Old 11-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #8
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisbyrd30
Is the app still available? I would love to use it but cannot find it on the IOS App Store:/
Actually it might not be...I must have downloaded it before it was taken off. Hasn’t been updated since the default rosters other. It’s a shame, was a great tool!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »