Home

Buying or Not Buying?

This is a discussion on Buying or Not Buying? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Buying or Not Buying?

When I heard it was going to be on PC I was sold. But as that shineyness has worn off I am on the fence. Something in Presentation has to blow me away to buy at full price.

If not will probably pick up around thanksgiving when it is under $30. I did not buy M18.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Not Buying.

I have lost any trust that CPU AI is a priority and CFM being a priority. The offline Solitaire franchise player is simply not a priority with EA and Madden.

Madden 18 gives me a very solid game and I don’t have to go through another cycle of bugged out AI, and patches galore changing gameplay constantly to please MUT and competitive players.

I am not their target player anymore. I have moved on.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #19
MVP

I am taking a wait and see attitude this year. I have been a definite buy for 20 years. If running qb's(ai) do not take off against me and if i can punt the ball 90 yards i don't think i will be buying. If your making a football game and don't give a **** how far punts travel or how individual qb's play the game, it is time for me to find a better use of my time. More than enough time to fix these issues that kill gameplay for me. If they are not fixed it just means they do not care about making a quality product. I am less excited for the release of a football game than i ever have been. Maybe i am just getting old. The new big feature is archetype and scheme. Same as almost a decade ago.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #20
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

I refuse to buy it new. I will likely get it , due to the fact i run an online league and have for last 7 years .Honestly if not for the friendships thats been made in that 7 years with our guys, i would have hung up madden for good years ago.However a love for football and trying to provide those guys a fair place to enjoy it, keeps me in it.

However , i will not purchase new. Ill wait and get a used copy from someone on Ebay , so i know not a dime of my money is going in EA's pocket. When they get CFM up to speed ( of things we had 10-13 years ago ) then I'll buy new again. I will not add to their sales numbers at all so they can brag about it nor give them a dime.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #21
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

For me, it really comes down to how much flexibility modders will be given to improve the game, specifically in the presentation and franchise department...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #22

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Not Buying.

I have lost any trust that CPU AI is a priority and CFM being a priority. The offline Solitaire franchise player is simply not a priority with EA and Madden.

Madden 18 gives me a very solid game and I don’t have to go through another cycle of bugged out AI, and patches galore changing gameplay constantly to please MUT and competitive players.

I am not their target player anymore. I have moved on.
This. Unless M19 comes out to glowing reviews here on OS I am waiting. Statue QB ruined my experience.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #23
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
This. Unless M19 comes out to glowing reviews here on OS I am waiting. Statue QB ruined my experience.
They did improve QB AI awareness. I only watched one gameplay video and I could easily tell a difference in how they run outside the pocket and break for yardage and it happened quite a bit.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #24
Rookie

I won't be buying at full price for many of the reasons already stated. I'll probably end up Redboxing it to feel it out, but many things that I've seen including the running animation really turned me off. The running reminds me of the running from 09, visually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »