Home

Buying or Not Buying?

This is a discussion on Buying or Not Buying? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #393
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Buying or Not Buying?

Coming back to PC means it's a definite buy for me. Also being able to do the 15 dollars a month thing means I can play it until I'm tired of it and come back to it when I feel that urge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #394
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

I expected the same game with just better graphics and when that didn't happen I was stunned and very disappointed. Although I don't feel the entire PS3 era was a disappointment. I really liked Madden 12, the last Madden I really enjoyed.
I really liked Madden 12 as well. Every team I played felt different with regards to their respective gameplans. I also liked the fact that I could stack up to 30 plays per-situation when putting in my own gameplan. Finally, the sliders worked really really well. Having said that, despite it's flaws, I can appreciate how much improved M17 was. Zones played much better and it was good to see player editing back. However, I hope M19 offers a better experience for those who want better gameplay and coaching from the CPU.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #395
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well you will be one of the few not buying it. Is there really much of a diff between any of the games? So if ur not buying this one, u should have stopped back in 2006 when vision cone was great. BTW thats coming back 2020
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #396
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
This right here!

I expected the same game with just better graphics and when that didn't happen I was stunned and very disappointed. Although I don't feel the entire PS3 era was a disappointment. I really liked Madden 12, the last Madden I really enjoyed.
I agree, but it still shouldn't have taken FIVE YEARS to get it right on that generation of consoles!
Old 07-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #397
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not a Madden fan, but a hostage lol. I will be buying the game simply because I need my *NFL* fix. I bought a 360 & APF2K8 and downloaded NFL rosters, but found out the community is somewhat dead now...

I will also be supporting (buying) Axis and Maximum Football to support competing upstart football devs...
Old 07-20-2018, 07:57 AM   #398
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm going to play my 10 hours of 19 on EA access and unless it blows me away I'm just going to stick with Madden 18 with updated rosters for 10 more months and then pick 19 up for $11.00.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #399
Rookie

OVR: 2

Last year I bought the game on Thanksgiving night. Not due to the price drop (although that was a nice benefit). I kept reading the boards and everyone was waiting for the big patch to drop to fix the game. It finally came right before Thanksgiving.

I really like 18 and don't want to have to wait for a few patches for the game to be thoroughly enjoyable. So I will likely get 19, just down the road.

Rick
Old 07-20-2018, 10:45 AM   #400
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm going to play my 10 hours of 19 on EA access and unless it blows me away I'm just going to stick with Madden 18 with updated rosters for 10 more months and then pick 19 up for $11.00.
This is the way to do it. Utilize EA Access to test 19 and then decide if you want to pay $60 now, or wait until the price drops/sales come months down the road.

There are some good 19 rosters already out there for 18.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »