Home

Buying or Not Buying?

This is a discussion on Buying or Not Buying? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #425
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Buying or Not Buying?

I'd say this year's Fifa made me sort of go wow when I felt the movements. But I did skip 15 through 17.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #426
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I definitely get what you're saying. The whole True Step thing was pretty bizarre the way they promoted it and just scrapped it. Obviously they have a history of doing this. So I definitely know nothing is guaranteed with Tiburon.

But I also think the RPM think is their new foundation for player movement across all their games so I think this time it will stick. But we'll see.
If somehow RPM were to "fade into bolivian" I think that even those of us who are more tolerant of Tiburon's shortcomings will probably become much more skeptical and jaded. With every one of their sports game mentioning specific utilization of the tech, this simply isn't business as usual implementation of an EA Sports technology, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:23 PM   #427
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I applaud EA for doing something different with RPM in Madden. People say how they never do anything (in general and not meaning you) to change the experience. Here it is and people just bag on it. Cant have it both ways.Is it going to be perfect probably not. Took Fifa awhile.
I could applaud EA if it was truly a gamechanger but it doesn't even pass the eye test imo. Yeah there is some better looking movement, I really like some of the QB stuff and "getting set" animations here and there, but overall, it's still too sloppy and inconsistent for me to say it's a gamechanger.

People say they don't do anything because even when they focus on something, it's still incomplete or lackluster and it's rarely expanded upon.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #428
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I could applaud EA if it was truly a gamechanger but it doesn't even pass the eye test imo. Yeah there is some better looking movement, I really like some of the QB stuff and "getting set" animations here and there, but overall, it's still too sloppy and inconsistent for me to say it's a gamechanger.

People say they don't do anything because even when they focus on something, it's still incomplete or lackluster and it's rarely expanded upon.
To each his own I guess. I dont think anyone is here to try and change anyones mind on the game or EA. Peoples minds already made up amd that will never change. Alot of things dont pass an eye test until the game is actually played. My glass is half full.

Playing:
Old 07-24-2018, 01:10 AM   #429
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I really think if the people who say it looks just like 18 took the time to watch some 19 gameplay closely they would see the obvious difference in player movement.

I think RPM will be a game changer. Trust me on this one.
Didn't get the chance to beta test and I can say it doesn't look like 18 from the videos I have seen. Although I am sure there are some similarities. I hope rpm is a good thing but it does look slow to me. Also heard from some they didn't like it when they first got their hands on it. My hope is that once I get my hands on the game during EA access that I am pleasantly surprised.

I was once in the camp of waiting until December for this game however after much thought on the issue I have reconsidered. My hope is that the draft classes opens the door for great classic rosters that you can draft year after year.

For example you could start with a 1980 roster and continue the roster year after year through the 80's. That for me would be cool if you are able to do that. Don't know for sure on this and haven't heard whether there are limitations but that to me would be a game changer as 17 and 18 classic rosters have been terrible for xbox one at least. So this is something I will definitely mess around with and will factor into when I buy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by GrayDawg; 07-24-2018 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:39 AM   #430
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Didn't get the chance to beta test and I can say it doesn't look like 18 from the videos I have seen. Although I am sure there are some similarities. I hope rpm is a good thing but it does look slow to me. Also heard from some they didn't like it when they first got their hands on it. My hope is that once I get my hands on the game during EA access that I am pleasantly surprised.

I was once in the camp of waiting until December for this game however after much thought on the issue I have reconsidered. My hope is that the draft classes opens the door for great classic rosters that you can draft year after year.

For example you could start with a 1980 roster and continue the roster year after year through the 80's. That for me would be cool if you are able to do that. Don't know for sure on this and haven't heard whether there are limitations but that to me would be a game changer as 17 and 18 classic rosters have been terrible for xbox one at least. So this is something I will definitely mess around with and will factor into when I buy.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
I think one of the initial reasons people didn't like it is because they couldn't swerve around and spam speed burst the whole time. At least that's what I heard some people say.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:37 AM   #431
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

RPM........has opened the door for this game gameplay wise to go to new heights.

Videos can not and will not allow you to understand how it feels when you play.

Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 07:39 AM   #432
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I wish I can say more.....soon enough lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »