Home

Good offensive and defensive playbook for Browns

This is a discussion on Good offensive and defensive playbook for Browns within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Good offensive and defensive playbook for Browns

I want to get the most out of their TE,WR & RB, for defense i definitely want to get the most out of Garrett. Im old school i like to pound the run game and have a good passing game too.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Good offensive and defensive playbook for Browns

All depends on your play style. You say get the most out of your TE, for example. Well, to some, that may mean throwing deep to Gronk and catching in traffic. To others, that may mean short crossers and check releases for the high-percentage throws.

Basically, there is no best playbook. It all depends on how you want to run your offense.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
MVP

How you want to round out your other personnel should be the main determinant of what offense you want to run. I'm not that familiar with the browns roster but you should take a look at the ratings of your FB, TE2, WR3 and decide which personnel group you want to focus on. I'm a firm believer in having your best players on the field as much as possible and only switching up if you are getting shut down or fatigue forces your hand.

Jacksonville (Singleback Y-Trips), Jets or Bills (Singleback Tight Slots), or West Coast (Doubles North) probably feature the best run schemes for 11 personnel and all of them have excellent passing games available which are well documented on YouTube if you need a guide. I also really like Singleback Trips out of the Steelers playbook, but that is more of a pass first book. Y-Trips and Trips are Dive/Stretch schemes and the others are Dive/Toss.

If you want to use 12 personnel then there's tons of good options, more than I could fully catalog here. The best run schemes are probably Wham/Stretch out of Deuce Close and Dive/Stretch out of SB Ace Pair. Both have decent passing plays available. Singleback Wing Stack is also very good and it has two devastating PA passes, PA Fork and PA TE Drag Wheel. Not all playbooks will have both.

Formations with a FB are very niche in my offense,. I really only run them inside the five or short yardage, end of game situations where ball security is more important to me than converting a first down. I don't use any 3 TE sets, either, so I can't be much help if you want to use any of those personnel groups.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintDon
All depends on your play style. You say get the most out of your TE, for example. Well, to some, that may mean throwing deep to Gronk and catching in traffic. To others, that may mean short crossers and check releases for the high-percentage throws.

Basically, there is no best playbook. It all depends on how you want to run your offense.
Thank you, for the TE i was thinkin gronk since he is like 6'4 250 or something like that.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I really liked using the New England playbook last year, it had a little bit of everything in it.

Defensively I don't know what to tell you as I run a pretty vanilla 4-3. The defensive playbooks will all have more or less the same plays and coverages, so you just need to find out if there is a particular formation you're looking to use and then find whichever book has that formation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I really liked using the New England playbook last year, it had a little bit of everything in it.

Defensively I don't know what to tell you as I run a pretty vanilla 4-3. The defensive playbooks will all have more or less the same plays and coverages, so you just need to find out if there is a particular formation you're looking to use and then find whichever book has that formation
I have experimented with that playbook i like it alot, i just hate that i mostly sim games and my rbs have horrible stats, rm im using a hybred defense. I usually run a 4-3 defense but wanted to try some else out, im really liking havin my outside linebackers as 3-4 pass rushers

Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
How you want to round out your other personnel should be the main determinant of what offense you want to run. I'm not that familiar with the browns roster but you should take a look at the ratings of your FB, TE2, WR3 and decide which personnel group you want to focus on. I'm a firm believer in having your best players on the field as much as possible and only switching up if you are getting shut down or fatigue forces your hand.

Jacksonville (Singleback Y-Trips), Jets or Bills (Singleback Tight Slots), or West Coast (Doubles North) probably feature the best run schemes for 11 personnel and all of them have excellent passing games available which are well documented on YouTube if you need a guide. I also really like Singleback Trips out of the Steelers playbook, but that is more of a pass first book. Y-Trips and Trips are Dive/Stretch schemes and the others are Dive/Toss.

If you want to use 12 personnel then there's tons of good options, more than I could fully catalog here. The best run schemes are probably Wham/Stretch out of Deuce Close and Dive/Stretch out of SB Ace Pair. Both have decent passing plays available. Singleback Wing Stack is also very good and it has two devastating PA passes, PA Fork and PA TE Drag Wheel. Not all playbooks will have both.

Formations with a FB are very niche in my offense,. I really only run them inside the five or short yardage, end of game situations where ball security is more important to me than converting a first down. I don't use any 3 TE sets, either, so I can't be much help if you want to use any of those personnel groups.
Thank you for the suggestions, i mainly want gordan, colemen, the te cant think of his name on the field at all times. The playbooks i have tried are balanced, balanced run heavy, westcoast, and patriots.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

If you like 21, 49ers is really the only option.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »