Home

Madden 19: Deep Dive Presentation Blog

This is a discussion on Madden 19: Deep Dive Presentation Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #65
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19: Deep Dive Presentation Blog

I'm a little disappointed. I like the changes to the 3D elements and commentary, but the rest was pretty lackluster.

I'm still waiting on a good halftime/postgame show, complete with highlights from around the league. I know it's taboo to mention the other game, but it's been a decade and two console generations, and we still don't have a game with presentation that comes close to it.

On the replay front, they need to stop trying to make the game look like a movie. Nobody wants a movie; we want broadcast presentation. It's incredibly immersion-breaking when a replay has a camera angle that isn't possible in real life, or that would never be seen in an actual broadcast.

I would still love for them to implement fixed replay angles in the manual replay mode as well. Being able to go into a replay of choice and view it from a broadcast camera, wirecam, etc. without the need to manually move it as the play progresses would be fantastic. Or even better, implement a camera system similar to what was in the Skate games, with key frames, tripod, and follow cameras to create custom highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2018, 10:50 AM   #66
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Is the Madden dev team still living in 2005? Honestly.

We had all this stuff, if not a better version of it, WAY back then. I am lost at how they took features out of the game that were fantastic (halftime show, weekly show), had nothing, and now replaced it with a less detailed version.

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have commentary smart enough to recall whether or not your star RB missed the first 3 weeks of the season with a leg injury and how that might affect whether or not he's playing well right now!?

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have popup stats during the freaking game detailing what Aaron Rodgers did last week against the Cowboys?

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have the option of hearing COMPUTER GENERATED PLAYER'S LAST NAMES IN THE GAME!?

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have STADIUM ATTENDANCE THAT GROWS OR DECREASES BASED ON HOW YOUR FREAKING FRANCHISE IS DOING!?

I'm this close to done. | | THIS FREAKING CLOSE!
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #67
Rookie

kingkid1313's Arena

OVR: 4

Does anyone know if the halftime show and other presentations will be available for 32 man online user CFM's or will it only be available for offline CFM?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Is the Madden dev team still living in 2005? Honestly.

We had all this stuff, if not a better version of it, WAY back then. I am lost at how they took features out of the game that were fantastic (halftime show, weekly show), had nothing, and now replaced it with a less detailed version.

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have commentary smart enough to recall whether or not your star RB missed the first 3 weeks of the season with a leg injury and how that might affect whether or not he's playing well right now!?

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have popup stats during the freaking game detailing what Aaron Rodgers did last week against the Cowboys?

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have the option of hearing COMPUTER GENERATED PLAYER'S LAST NAMES IN THE GAME!?

It's 20 freaking 18 and we STILL do not have STADIUM ATTENDANCE THAT GROWS OR DECREASES BASED ON HOW YOUR FREAKING FRANCHISE IS DOING!?

I'm this close to done. | | THIS FREAKING CLOSE!

To your point on stadium attendance, I believe that's an NFL thing, not an EA thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #69
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

We still haven't seen images on graphics overlay (EA Play beta version stuff doesn't count) - but Mills seemed to allude to the fact that there will be more stat swipes this year....curious if that will be shown in more detail in the graphics blog next week.

The commentary "callback" thing, or whatever they are referring to it as, could be a super nice addition. MLB The Show did something similar with the branched storylines this year and it does add extra flavor to things....it's one of those things that when you get it you go "ok, whatever" but when you go back to an earlier version of the game, you go "man, I miss that".

Speaking-of, I got bored last night and decided to fire-up Madden 16 to test a slider-related theory. My lord, it's utterly amazing how many things (some big, some minor) they've added to both in-game and franchise assets between M16 and M18. Even things like UI layout aren't nearly as good (and don't even get me started on M16's menu speed....). I was playing my game on M16 and was having a blast...but a little part of me kept thinking, "What else is going on across the league; am I alone?" Amazing how something as minor as a scorebug adds to the overall feel. Point is...every little change, no matter how small it may seem, is something to be happy about. Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot more to do but I love the direction this series has gone in and I think M19 will just add even more to the puzzle.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #70
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador

On the replay front, they need to stop trying to make the game look like a movie. Nobody wants a movie; we want broadcast presentation. It's incredibly immersion-breaking when a replay has a camera angle that isn't possible in real life, or that would never be seen in an actual broadcast.

I would still love for them to implement fixed replay angles in the manual replay mode as well. Being able to go into a replay of choice and view it from a broadcast camera, wirecam, etc. without the need to manually move it as the play progresses would be fantastic.
This right here 1000%. I can't stand this "movie" style or "beyond broadcast" crap that they insist on using. I wan't immersion and authenticity. The game looks just so much better.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #71
Rookie

I do hope there is some revamping of the commentary.

It got INSANELY OLD hearing "That pass was thrown by Wilson and caught by Wilson, no relation" every single game using the Seahawks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #72
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I love the additions, and I think things are progressing in the right direction. With that being said...

The major thing still lacking in presentation is CONTEXT. Don't just tell us what's happening, tell us WHY it's important. Pregame should be all about how THIS game is important to each team's season. If I am in the wild card chase, mention that. Emphasize the need for a win if I am one game out of first late in the season. If I'm 3-11, then make a comment about ending the season with momentum. Star returning from injury or missing the game due to injury? Talk about it. I could go on and on, but you all get it. It's not enough to say that Watson and the Texans are going up against Mariota and the Titans. Yeah, we know that. Tell us why each game is important, and how the outcome will affect the season.

I'm not trying to hate on the additions, I really like the direction presentation is going. Just want to mention what I hope the next steps are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »