Home

Blowing up the backfield needs to be addressed!

This is a discussion on Blowing up the backfield needs to be addressed! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Blowing up the backfield needs to be addressed!

The biggest legacy to me for years with madden is the D-line always blow up the backfield like magnets.I still see this issues in these gameplay videos.,it hurts the running game and it looks unrealistic.I hope this tread gets bump up its a very irritating issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Blowing up the backfield needs to be addressed!

I mean I see the Steelers defense destroying the Browns O-line like 3 straight plays, which is probably the most realistic football I've seen in a while. Baker still manages to avoid some of the sacks and run for yardage too.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #3
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm talking just the running game only
Old 06-20-2018, 05:37 PM   #4
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

I have never seen this problem. It may be something else triggering it. What team, what play, what pre snap adjustments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 06-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I think what he is referring to is that in Madden it seems you either lose 2 yards instantly on a run play or get 5 yards as compared to real life where you get 2-3 yards on average and when you get stopped it is usually stuffed at the line not the RB getting hit immediately at the handoff.

It's a similar issue with the pocket formation and pressure on the QB in Madden where a lot of times the way a DT gets a sack is they either get by untouched from some weird play or they get stonewalled then the animation ends and they get by and run free for 4 yards and get the sack whereas in real life a DT will push the OL back into the backfield and get penetration or they'll make a nice move to get free.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

With sliders last year I was able to get this TFL to be basically be perfect for both the User and the CPU, even on All-Madden, but yes on default settings it's an issue for a few reasons. One is that olineman don't get that initial punch into dlinemen that can get them off balance in the game that olinemen get in real life most of the time. Accompanying that are too many instasheds, followed by perfect balance and ball carrier tracking in the run game by mediocre d-linemen and linebackers. Another is the momentum of backs not being respected on tackle attempts. There are more problems as well.

User and CPU playcalling does play a part also though. The CPU and many Users call a lot of blitzes where they are bringing 7 or 8. You're going to get blown up a lot when that happens if you don't audible out of that run. Hopefully it's been tuned for the CPU, and Users will probably have to change their style of play somewhat because of RPM or get gashed in the passing game.

I know it doesn't help online players, but I do expect to have to tune it with sliders again though.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

When you receive the handoff, do you immediately sprint?

If so, something with Sprinting prematurely behind the LoS "aggros" the defense; any of them engaged with blockers will casually shed them and barrel in on the carrier.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
When you receive the handoff, do you immediately sprint?

If so, something with Sprinting prematurely behind the LoS "aggros" the defense; any of them engaged with blockers will casually shed them and barrel in on the carrier.
This. Backs with high SPD and ACC may also require you to use the left trigger to slow down while you are still behind the line of scrimmage. This mechanic was a game changer once I learned to use it because you can use the juke in combination with it to jump cut. If your dive or stretch is going to get blown up at the point of attack you can cut outside/inside, but you can't do it at full speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »