Home

Can Free Agency be made better and how?

This is a discussion on Can Free Agency be made better and how? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #9
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can Free Agency be made better and how?

- some kind of points system for meetings and team visits
- a LeBron system, where icons may want to team up with other icons
- a buddy system, where guys from eh same college may want to join sides
- a Drew Rosenhaus factor, slimy used car salesman that you don't want to deal with

- better real-time tracking.. there are only so many personnel people to go around. If you put all your eggs in one basket, you miss out on other significant players.

- and for Pete sake, LOWER THE SALARIES!

If a bidding war happens for a guy, great! At least that's original. But I shouldn't have to pay a mid level backup TE top dollar because your games salary code is whacked!.. and if a guy isn't signed by camp, he should feel fortunate to get the veteran minimum.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 06-22-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #10
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
I agree with everything he said before this, but I want to zero in specifically on this.

The ratings and feel of players in Madden is absolute crap. I find myself almost always just taking the better OVR player because the two players are basically the same thing, minus their rating.

When I go into FA I want to see two players with similar OVR, but having to decide on multiple other aspects (personality/scheme fit/age/role/toughness/injury proneness) that will largely play into what happens when I sign them.

Bland. Boring. Surface level. Madden.
I agree, instead of ratings I wouldn’t mind little badges for personality, scheme, what they excel at and their weaknesses. Plus injury history card.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #11
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Every team management system in madden is dull and a poor representation of what NFL fans love.

There’s no human element.

You can see which teams and what other teams have offered.

You can see all ratings, and scheme hasn’t and still won’t matter.

There’s no bust potential.

Players are too similar to FEEL a huge difference.

Almost every player is good enough to be on the field full time.

Holes can all be filled in one season, and you’ll know exactly what you’re getting before the step foot on your practice field.

Injury history isn’t a factor, ever.

Player development isn’t difficult, or realistic.

Roles and/or Badges aren’t in the game, which would add some depth.

Players have no morale, no brain, no shortcoming other than their ratings.

Team chemistry isn’t a thing, you can add 40+ new players and no miss a beat.

No coordinators to add to the scheme fits and other things.

There’s literally just looking at a list of ratings and making a decision solely based on those ratings. Doesn’t matter if they’re a 2 gap DL, doesn’t matter if he’s a zone running back, or a QB who needs simple reads.

And gameplay isn’t at a high enough level to make any of this matter when it’s time to hit the gridiron.

How could it be made better? Reverse everything I just said. And add live off season for online leagues. Instead of advances, have everything live for a specified amount of hours. Wether it be 1 or 72 hours, players can send in offers and players can sign randomly at any time. Wether it be a perfect scheme, team, location, coach fit for a NCAA style “insta-commit” or in the last hour for a guy looking for the highest payday. It could be completely random, or based on priorities which differ by each player.

Get rid of the scouting system, completely, rebuild that, so players aren’t drafted 5 rounds early because they’re “all B’s and run a 4.3” so you have players who will really bust in the draft.

I’ve always loved the idea of hiding ratings, and feeling players on the field. Making practice and pre-season useful. Maybe unlocking them as the season goes on, or being fluid week to week. The biggest thing in being in the NFL is consistency and improvement. Having fluid ratings would set apart a Tom Brady and a Jameis Winston.

Need to hide ratings under the hood. Would work well to see scouting grades (A+ through F. I know more about baseball scouting and they use a number scale from 20-80) that you get highest grade, lowest grade and median grade so a range for the player is established. The longer he's in the league the smaller the range becomes.

The range is also fluid week to week for non physical traits so every game us different.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #12
MVP

The current system for FA and Contracts need to be torn down and rebuilt. I think it’ll be high on the list for next year, but not sure that’s a one year project.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I would just be happy if they would fix the GM logic, or provide any logic whatsoever to CPU GM's. Every year we are told it is reworked and every year the same things happen over and over again. Like team's releasing 1st round draft picks after a year or signing a top QB to be back their backup or not even trying to address actual positions of needs. An NCAA style system would be great but it would be useless if their is no GM logic.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:43 AM   #14
Rookie

BChristensen75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
1st: Has there been any pictures or videos of the free agency menu in Madden 19???

2nd: It seems like free agency still needs some work. They keep implementing these different systems, like the point system most recently, but it doesn't address the 'timing' aspect of things. Such as in a solo league, I can sign the top free agents before CPU, since CPU doesn't sign until week advance.

Then in online leagues: its a first come first serve during in season agency or last come advantage in off season advantage.

Also,.... Wouldn't it be nice if you could invite a player to practice prior to signing them. )))))))

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

If this hasn’t been answered the off-season is 100% the exact same. Same format, style, and FA. Except draft presentation all is the same

4th N 1 Commissioner

NFL: Patriots
NBA: Celtics
MLB: Red Sox
NHL: Bruins
NCAA FB & BB: Minnesota Golden Gophers
Old 06-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would love if Owners influenced the game like it does in OOTP Baseball. Take Mike Brown for example. No matter how much under the cap the Bengals are, they rarely if ever spend much on new players in Free Agency. So having owners give you only X amount to spend regardless of cap space or only allowing you X amount of players would be really nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 03:44 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
I would love if Owners influenced the game like it does in OOTP Baseball. Take Mike Brown for example. No matter how much under the cap the Bengals are, they rarely if ever spend much on new players in Free Agency. So having owners give you only X amount to spend regardless of cap space or only allowing you X amount of players would be really nice.
Now that is something the NFL would never let happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »