Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #81
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
In theory I agree with you , however the way This one was done is the reason to believe that marketing had some call over this

If it was simply a matter of getting feedback all they needed to do was select the participants by whatever criteria they chose and announce it to those people

The fact is though that it has been used to promote you tube channels , Twitter accounts and so on , often discussed as little more than a chance to play the game early or demo

Not saying this necessarily to be critical , EA is a business whose purpose is to make money for it's stockholders , but to deny that this has been used as a marketing tool is in my mind naive
Of course there is a marketing agenda in the code dumps that happened. The people complaining about it as a marketing stunt are upset about not get a code initially or from the code dump.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 06:48 PM   #82
Let's Go Brandon!

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

I dont think there was marketing really invovled at all, that's what the trailer was for. The way the EA devs did it on twitter was so people couldnt turn around & just sell the codes. They had to be redeemed immediately. There was a interview Rex Dickson did before 17 I believe were he stated that he was disappointed in some peoples lack of feedback or feedback they gave when they chose who was invited. So maybe that's why they did what they did. I mean they had to announce it on twitter, how would anyone know otherwise lol
Ori & The Blind Forest (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

"Players make the NFL money, not the coaches. It's not a 2-way street, follow the bread crumbs."

Last edited by Milticket; 06-28-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Of course there is a marketing agenda in the code dumps that happened. The people complaining about it as a marketing stunt are upset about not get a code initially or from the code dump.

Nah, not upset at all. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:00 PM   #84
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I dont think there was marketing really invovled at all, that's what the trailer was for. The way the EA devs did it on twitter was so people couldnt turn around & just sell the codes. They had to be redeemed immediately. There was a interview Rex Dickson did before 17 I believe were he stated that he was disappointed in some peoples lack of feedback or feedback they gave when they chose who was invited. So maybe that's why they did what they did. I mean they had to announce it on twitter, how would anyone know otherwise lol
Great post here Mils, I completely forgot about that.

It doesn't hurt to try something new from a business perspective and I'd say it's working at this time.

One more thing I might add here, if a person plans on sticking it to EA by buying it used or not even purchasing the game, why does it even matter?

I don't understand that philosophy.

Last edited by roadman; 06-28-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:03 PM   #85
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Personally not upset , as a Brit I'm not even eligible if I'm correct , so nothing to be upset about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #86
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Nah, not upset at all. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.
I agree I guess this could be taken in a good or bad way..are we going to have even more youtube channels shedding a positive light on Madden in hopes of getting a Beta code?or posters constantly following constructive negative comments with excuses and positive comments in hope of getting a code?If so that defeats the purpose..Big question Did Ryan Moody get a code?If so Ea is truly trying to get feedback from everyone..if not hmmmm...I just know that year in and year out its the same posters and channels constantly hyping madden.like clockwork..on the other side there are constant negative posters every year..What Ea should do is find those in the middle that know football period..I hope again that this is the Madden that we have all been waiting for or at least expounds on 18..but there are too many silent voices when you mention some aspects of Madden that as a progression should be in..I hope this beta feedback works I truly do and there are some posters on here that I have learned to value their opinions and review of the game..there was one poster in a thread devoted to madden zone defense that used som advanced terminology and zone schemes that half the posters didnt know anything about..I loved it he was talking pure football as a coach it was music to my ears..Ea needs to get him a code asap..lol..
Old 07-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #87
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Big question Did Ryan Moody get a code?If so Ea is truly trying to get feedback from everyone....
Ryan Moody
When I'm able to talk about this Beta. Game On.

There is your answer.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 4

Why not just have a demo? I don't like taking other people's word for issues being fixed or not. Watching sportsgamersonline for example, my opinion of the game changes from vid to vid. I've recently gone from "I'm buying madden 19" to "Man...I don't know about that."

I'm also confused about the criteria of being selected. I don't buy madden every year, but I've bought most of them, and ea sports games in general, yet I didn't get the beta. So I can't help but feel a little disappointed by not being selected. Have a demo for everyone so that we can see if we think the game is worth buying ourselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »