Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #89
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Why not just have a demo? I don't like taking other people's word for issues being fixed or not. Watching sportsgamersonline for example, my opinion of the game changes from vid to vid. I've recently gone from "I'm buying madden 19" to "Man...I don't know about that."

I'm also confused about the criteria of being selected. I don't buy madden every year, but I've bought most of them, and ea sports games in general, yet I didn't get the beta. So I can't help but feel a little disappointed by not being selected. Have a demo for everyone so that we can see if we think the game is worth buying ourselves.

A demo is different than a beta though. I agree a free demo is nice, but if that ever was an option it would likely come out when the game is released. The beta is to fix issues, not demo the game to attract buyers. It seems a lot of people think of the beta as a demo and are just upset they didnít get to preview their game. I got a code. If this was a demo and not beta, Iíd be turned off from the game due to its issues. Luckily theyíre being resolved. Obviously I canít say more due to the NDA.

I also donít buy madden every year but Iím an avid gamer. I get being disappointed in not getting a code but dude, thereís a crap ton of gamers just like you and me. Itís luck of the draw with such a big pot of people to choose from, not like they specifically avoided people.

I was on the fence. Last madden I got was 17, as I usually skip a year or two between purchases. I was probably going to buy, now I am for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #90
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ryan Moody
When I'm able to talk about this Beta. Game On.

There is your answer.
I wouldn't blame EA for not giving Moody a code. He's not evaluating it. He's looking for any glitch he can find, then will create a video where he acts as if this is all you see in the game, and will proceed to bash the game mercilessly, running said glitch on a loop, because "EA doesn't care." He's essentially the Alex Jones of Madden football.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 07-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Why not just have a demo? I don't like taking other people's word for issues being fixed or not. Watching sportsgamersonline for example, my opinion of the game changes from vid to vid. I've recently gone from "I'm buying madden 19" to "Man...I don't know about that."

I'm also confused about the criteria of being selected. I don't buy madden every year, but I've bought most of them, and ea sports games in general, yet I didn't get the beta. So I can't help but feel a little disappointed by not being selected. Have a demo for everyone so that we can see if we think the game is worth buying ourselves.
Everyone gets a demo when the game releases on EA play. You get to play the game for 10 hours before you decide to buy it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #92
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I wouldn't blame EA for not giving Moody a code. He's not evaluating it. He's looking for any glitch he can find, then will create a video where he acts as if this is all you see in the game, and will proceed to bash the game mercilessly, running said glitch on a loop, because "EA doesn't care." He's essentially the Alex Jones of Madden football.
He has the beta, someone gave him a code.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I mentioned that a few posts above Jay's post.

Just an FYI.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #94
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
No this is exactly one of the people that should be getting one.While he may do all those things you describe wouldnt giving him a code to dissect glitches and ultimately satisfy him be the ultimate feedback? We already have the yes men..get a opinion from the exact opposite..and also find cats on here that know about football..I am glad Ea gave him a code thats a step in the right direction..
Old 07-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #95
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
No this is exactly one of the people that should be getting one.While he may do all those things you describe wouldnt giving him a code to dissect glitches and ultimately satisfy him be the ultimate feedback? We already have the yes men..get a opinion from the exact opposite..and also find cats on here that know about football..I am glad Ea gave him a code thats a step in the right direction..
Actually, there are opinions from both sides of the fence, good, bad, indifferent and helpful.

I don't feel people need to fret if looking from the outside about anyone holding back feedback. Personally, I gave 12 pages of feedback and didn't hold anything back, what we see is what we see and I made sure it was documented.

Plus, I kept all my notes. And, I will note there were some nice surprises and they've already gave an update on CFM issues that were reported.

All this is positive folks, there is no other way of looking at it. We should be working together as a team and not a divisive community.

All this divisiveness comes from saying stuff like this person doesn't belong in the club or there are enough yes men, yada, yada, yada.

Both sides have been providing quality feedback.

Last edited by roadman; 07-01-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #96
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The question is whether EA gave him a code. I have a code, too, but EA didn't choose me.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »