Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #41
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I mean a lot of the changes are bug fixes to be honest. Obviously there is some tuning things that can be done, but nothing major is happening between now and August is my guess.

Hit them up and tell them to get the option for open/closed roofs in CFM man. Word is that it's not included in the beta which is just crazy that in 2018 we can't have an open roof in CFM. There's no way it would take more than a couple hours to port that over from Play Now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #42
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been in a lot of closed beta tests and right now the majority of the feedback makes me think many of the people have never participated in one. I can't imagine the volume of comments they would have to wade through by opening it up to everyone.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #43
tef
Rookie

OVR: 5

Some people already think this is a demo instead of a beta TEST. some guys are already in tournament mode with the nasty messages
Old 06-26-2018, 11:58 AM   #44
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Honestly, I do not think that the feedback they are getting from this will help speed along bug fixing processes. Just a hype machine.
They have already “patched’ the beta. The feed back is getting to those who need it at EA. Those who have the beta are giving great feedback on the EA Beta forums.

They may be generating hype, by giving out some codes on Twitter, but it’s still limited. By limiting the number of people allows them to control the information flowing in to them.

Those complaining about there being a closed beta are upset they are not play Madden 19. Period. That’s it. Closed betas happen all the time.

People trying to buy codes or selling codes for a beta seems crazy to me. There will be enough information for those who are on the fence when it comes to buying the game.

They may do an open beta later, who knows. That being said, EA Access will give gamers a chance to play the game before release. That option is available if you want to test the game before release. If you don’t have a PS4 and can’t play EA Access, well...take that up with Sony.

Last edited by mike24forever; 06-26-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #45
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

The nice thing is that even without a closed beta code we get the game in about a month with ea access. I love that they've moved up the release date and if there are still major issues after the beta they will have time to get those patched up before the season starts on Sept. 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I've been in a lot of closed beta tests and right now the majority of the feedback makes me think many of the people have never participated in one. I can't imagine the volume of comments they would have to wade through by opening it up to everyone.

I get it being limited, but this is what I find counterproductive. When you start giving away codes to random people, it leads to question the why. If you run a closed beta, get specific people involved. People whose telemetry shows high usage in certain areas (which would not be me btw). Have those people test specific areas that they showed high usage in. Maybe that is what they are doing with the invites that went out initially. One can only hope.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It was pretty clear that the three modes they wanted tested are:

1) Play Now
2) Franchise
3) H2H

Steve, our leader at OS, specifically wanted people to represent CFM.
Based on the the people that were chosen, I am sure all 3 areas will be covered and I know and trust the people that I've noticed who will also report on gameplay bugs/issues.

The reason it went a bit sideways is because people took this as an opportunity to also start their individual wish list and some typical ranting.

It's quite simple, anything that looks like a wish list and or a rant, delete, delete, and delete and keep the good stuff.

We need to work more as a community and not divisive. #bettertogether.

Last edited by roadman; 06-26-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:46 PM   #48
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I get it being limited, but this is what I find counterproductive. When you start giving away codes to random people, it leads to question the why. If you run a closed beta, get specific people involved. People whose telemetry shows high usage in certain areas (which would not be me btw). Have those people test specific areas that they showed high usage in. Maybe that is what they are doing with the invites that went out initially. One can only hope.
It seems they do that to some extent, at least. I got a code in the thread specifically requesting CFM users.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »