Home

Open Beta: Why Not?

This is a discussion on Open Beta: Why Not? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I get it being limited, but this is what I find counterproductive. When you start giving away codes to random people, it leads to question the why. If you run a closed beta, get specific people involved. People whose telemetry shows high usage in certain areas (which would not be me btw). Have those people test specific areas that they showed high usage in. Maybe that is what they are doing with the invites that went out initially. One can only hope.
Despite it turning into a PR/Hype/Marketing move with all the random giveaways I do feel like the people that they chose initially did contain a decent percentage of people who can focus on task at hand and give strong feedback. Add in a relatively small, but locked in number of OS peeps, and I think that sim franchise head contingent is well represented.

I don't know exactly how the feedback works, but besides the upvoting that is part of the process there is obviously a written component to it as well and that is where our community should shine, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 2

Good stuff guys. Agree that OS delivered their end.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

They wanted feedback from fans, not haters. They handpicked x number of folks o participate, and then added more that wanted to play enough that they nvested their time to nail down an invite on Twitter. Seems like a good way to get feedback from those most invested in the game being good versus those that want in so they can quickly spread the word about what’s wrong in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #52
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The reason it went a bit sideways is because people took this as an opportunity to also start their individual wish list and some typical ranting.

It's quite simple, anything that looks like a wish list and or a rant, delete, delete, and delete and keep the good stuff.

We need to work more as a community and not divisive. #bettertogether.
I was even thinking they should take note of what's posted so far, and delete everything. Start with a blank slate from here, and enforce harsher posting rules.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I was even thinking they should take note of what's posted so far, and delete everything. Start with a blank slate from here, and enforce harsher posting rules.
Good point, if there is 10% garbage and 90% good stuff, it won't be too difficult to cycle through the garbage and delete.

There is a good amount of good feedback.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #54
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
It was pretty clear that the three modes they wanted tested are:

1) Play Now
2) Franchise
3) H2H

Steve, our leader at OS, specifically wanted people to represent CFM.
Based on the the people that were chosen, I am sure all 3 areas will be covered and I know and trust the people that I've noticed who will also report on gameplay bugs/issues.

The reason it went a bit sideways is because people took this as an opportunity to also start their individual wish list and some typical ranting.

It's quite simple, anything that looks like a wish list and or a rant, delete, delete, and delete and keep the good stuff.

We need to work more as a community and not divisive. #bettertogether.
Excellent post roadman. We need to work together as a collective unit and the OS CFM community is well represented in the beta. Im sure EA is weeding thru the necessary feedback.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:06 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Good point, if there is 10% garbage and 90% good stuff, it won't be too difficult to cycle through the garbage and delete.

There is a good amount of good feedback.

I'm unsure if you are in on the beta, but honestly a good amount of the feedback has actually given me much more hope in the Madden community. If this was truly EA wanting a new method of getting feedback and wasn't truly for hype then I believe it'll be a positive for us because of what I am seeing commented on and brought up.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 01:22 AM   #56
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

I thought I paid $60 for open beta access annually already.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »