Home

Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

The real problem with the current system is the absurd snowballing and the fact that the human can focus its development on only those ratings and traits which improve performance on the field. Most games don't put their AI at such a disadvantage.

The human should be handicapped against the AI. It should at least be a difficulty option.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

as i keep pointing out, as a coach all i am supposed to do is win, and possibly beat rivals. not 4 offensive tds or give up less than 250 in the air etc. as for players if they do well then could get a ring if the team as a whole does well, they might get all pro or probowl. dont give my =6 olb the same sack target as my #1/#2. let me pick the targets for each from a given set offered by the game depending on their depth at their position
Old 06-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #19
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
we better be able to finally put long snappers at the actual LS position on depth charts this year, because you can't in franchise mode still. unless you spend 2 hours changing them all to a Center, and will the CPU screw up my hours of work on depth charts again? once avian only happens in franchise.

Also with the halftime show what if I play every single game that weekend?? will they show stat updates of the games I had played during that one game? that makes me nervous that 32 team control is not in

Iíve been told that you can put a LS whoís position is TE at LSer in the depth chart with cfm now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #20
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I personally feel the XP system is flawed. I donít think players should progress based on good games or winning awards. But thatís not changing for Madden 19. With that being said I like how itís done from what Iíve read and seen. I like how schemes and player type is handled. Much better than the old system.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #21
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Iíve been told that you can put a LS whoís position is TE at LSer in the depth chart with cfm now.

Finally!!! now that saves lots of work and the CPU just release them with roster cuts.

I am guessing though that the CPU still re orders your depth charts though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #22
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Finally!!! now that saves lots of work and the CPU just release them with roster cuts.

I am guessing though that the CPU still re orders your depth charts though?
I'd assume the cpu will still release them all with roster cuts. Until there is a longsnapping rating, long snappers will just be really poorly rated TEs that the cpu doesn't value
Old 06-25-2018, 07:40 PM   #23
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Having scheme fit is a step in the right direction - I'd like to see a few additional steps to bring it to life though. Starting with a chance for development trait regression on select players that don't translate into the new scheme. This simulates that a certain players may not fit into a new scheme (when Ware switched from LB to DE in Dallas).

I'd also like for you to only be able to switch your scheme in the free agency/draft/preseason portion. Teams are aren't making wholesale changes to the offense/defense week to week - they're taking what they are into games.

I can already see CFM players changing their scheme simply so that more fit it and leaving it for a few weeks to XP farm then switching back.

I want rookies to have a chance at losing their Dev trait for not fitting into the scheme. This would make players draft differently or change their scheme entirely to match a new player (Redskins RG3).

This would force teams to either draft to their committed scheme or suffer the potential consequences. Some players should be exempt from this that are say Star Dev and above as they're talented enough to thrive in any scheme. I'd also like to see a player have a higher chance of losing their Dev trait if they're not a scheme fit.

These may all be in the game I'm not sure but if they're not I'd certainly like to see them.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #24
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'd assume the cpu will still release them all with roster cuts. Until there is a longsnapping rating, long snappers will just be really poorly rated TEs that the cpu doesn't value
some teams only keep 7 linemen so for roster requirements I tend to fill in those with the longsnappers then the CPU won't release them. just in the past they had to be a center or Guard. so perhaps being a TE is useless anyway. but hoping now that means can move them to tackle and also be able to put them a LS it would solve the min requirements crap too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »