Home

Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #25
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
some teams only keep 7 linemen so for roster requirements I tend to fill in those with the longsnappers then the CPU won't release them. just in the past they had to be a center or Guard. so perhaps being a TE is useless anyway. but hoping now that means can move them to tackle and also be able to put them a LS it would solve the min requirements crap too
Until there is a long snap ( or snapping in general) rating , they will continue to be basically redundant so unless you are OCD over roster accuracy , or the FA pool is increased so CFM doesn't delete players it's still probably better to eliminate them , in favour of players who might be useful

I'm not 100% but I'm reasonably sure they aren't available to draft to replace ,once the current LS are gone anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #26
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Until there is a long snap ( or snapping in general) rating , they will continue to be basically redundant so unless you are OCD over roster accuracy , or the FA pool is increased so CFM doesn't delete players it's still probably better to eliminate them , in favour of players who might be useful

I'm not 100% but I'm reasonably sure they aren't available to draft to replace ,once the current LS are gone anyway
my biggest issue with it is once the CPU release then they actually vanish from the free agents completely!! it's like they no longer exist, because the free agents is too many so they get rid of the lower rated players. but I try and do 32 team control to stop it. but when the CPU release them and regular season starts its too late to fix the rosters as they have vanished. so you gotta get everything 100% correct if you are OCD BEFORE the season or you are screwed.

Just on this... this is a HUGE concern for the draft class that is suppose to come into the game. seeing as about 100 players vanish as soon as you start the regular season from free agents this will see a lot of lower rated drafted players not signed vanish from the game during a franchise.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #27
MVP

briz1046's Arena

[quote=ninertravel;2049403791

Just on this... this is a HUGE concern for the draft class that is suppose to come into the game. seeing as about 100 players vanish as soon as you start the regular season from free agents this will see a lot of lower rated drafted players not signed vanish from the game during a franchise.[/QUOTE]

Actually anything up to about 300 odd are removed at least in season one , but it's now done by age ,not rating so younger players ( including rookies) are always retained , at the expense of older players, ie the LS cpu teams release
Old 06-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #28
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Actually anything up to about 300 odd are removed at least in season one , but it's now done by age ,not rating so younger players ( including rookies) are always retained , at the expense of older players, ie the LS cpu teams release
it's a concern because it even happens on your first season. I don't get why it happens because all the players are there for pre season. but vanish as soon as the season starts, there is no reason why they should all vanish when the season starts when they were there during pre season.

Anyway it has always been a concern of mine, if we could create players during the season or import players into franchise that vanish this would solve the issues.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #29
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
it's a concern because it even happens on your first season. I don't get why it happens because all the players are there for pre season. but vanish as soon as the season starts, there is no reason why they should all vanish when the season starts when they were there during pre season.

Anyway it has always been a concern of mine, if we could create players during the season or import players into franchise that vanish this would solve the issues.
I don't know why they restrict the FA pool to 640 but it's better than it was , and 320 players are retained on PS too , it deletes by age , oldest first at each position , it's probably done to remove useless older players , but it's too stringent IMO
Old 06-26-2018, 12:30 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Having scheme fit is a step in the right direction - I'd like to see a few additional steps to bring it to life though. Starting with a chance for development trait regression on select players that don't translate into the new scheme. This simulates that a certain players may not fit into a new scheme (when Ware switched from LB to DE in Dallas).

I'd also like for you to only be able to switch your scheme in the free agency/draft/preseason portion. Teams are aren't making wholesale changes to the offense/defense week to week - they're taking what they are into games.

I can already see CFM players changing their scheme simply so that more fit it and leaving it for a few weeks to XP farm then switching back.

I want rookies to have a chance at losing their Dev trait for not fitting into the scheme. This would make players draft differently or change their scheme entirely to match a new player (Redskins RG3).

This would force teams to either draft to their committed scheme or suffer the potential consequences. Some players should be exempt from this that are say Star Dev and above as they're talented enough to thrive in any scheme. I'd also like to see a player have a higher chance of losing their Dev trait if they're not a scheme fit.

These may all be in the game I'm not sure but if they're not I'd certainly like to see them.
I am ok with being able to switch mid season because injuries sometimes require it. Pocket passer gets hurt and backup is a scrambler. Good coaches change schemes to fit the personel.

I would just like the playbook options be dictated by scheme choice to add real value and repercussions to your choice.

Better yet, i would like the whole playbook available and your scheme be chosen for you based on your play calls. The game should maintain a running tally of your play calls the last 3 games to derive your offensive and defensive scheme. I chose 3 games so that you would not be locked into one scheme too long if you actually pivot for some reason i.e. injuries. One game is too short because then the scheme may be changing each week when in reality you may have a 1 game change in philosophy due to opposing team weaknesses.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #31
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I am ok with being able to switch mid season because injuries sometimes require it. Pocket passer gets hurt and backup is a scrambler. Good coaches change schemes to fit the personel.

I would just like the playbook options be dictated by scheme choice to add real value and repercussions to your choice.

Better yet, i would like the whole playbook available and your scheme be chosen for you based on your play calls. The game should maintain a running tally of your play calls the last 3 games to derive your offensive and defensive scheme. I chose 3 games so that you would not be locked into one scheme too long if you actually pivot for some reason i.e. injuries. One game is too short because then the scheme may be changing each week when in reality you may have a 1 game change in philosophy due to opposing team weaknesses.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sure my only issue is that a scheme change is less than ideal. In the event of one there's likely to be a lot of difficulty, and let's be honest - any variance is gonna be simulated by play call anyways so there should be xp / Dev trait penalties to compensate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 01:33 AM   #32
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

For those talking about Madden not being derogatory to the players,while that's very true I'm sure,EA does have an NHL game that has had a player morale rating that is basically what the one poster stated he would like added. This hasn't been in Madden since 09 and should be an option to turn off because I realize some people find it to be more of a pain. I really don't see how this would be construed as negativity towards the players especially when they don't find it an issue for the NHL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »