Home

Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-26-2018, 02:12 AM   #33
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
For those talking about Madden not being derogatory to the players,while that's very true I'm sure,EA does have an NHL game that has had a player morale rating that is basically what the one poster stated he would like added. This hasn't been in Madden since 09 and should be an option to turn off because I realize some people find it to be more of a pain. I really don't see how this would be construed as negativity towards the players especially when they don't find it an issue for the NHL.
It's not EA that has the problem with theses things though , it's the NFL/NFLPA, (unlike presumably the NHL and it's players ), who are "precious" over such issues
Old 06-26-2018, 04:04 AM   #34
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Definitely would want the choice of either using all the relocation uni's, or pick and choosing which helmet, jersey, or pants I want. Since the first Madden they had the new relocation teams in I had wished they'd done this. Set up my team to be the Toronto Huskies and hated I couldn't combine the helmet and jersey I liked best.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #35
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
It's not EA that has the problem with theses things though , it's the NFL/NFLPA, (unlike presumably the NHL and it's players ), who are "precious" over such issues
Yeah,I suppose if we ever want to play a good franchise mode in a football game we'll have to bring out the PS2 or old PC version of the game. That's the truth since EA has to keep things that vanilla to stay within the guidelines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #36
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

The scheme fits / archetype system will make CPU roster management much more sensible imo. The system before left the CPU picking up players by overall at positions of need; but many of these player didn’t make sense in the context of developing a coherent roster. The roster construction should look much better years down the road in CFM. But we’ll see....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

you could always put a TE in at LS, they had to have a high LS rating to make the visible list underneath
Old 06-26-2018, 09:01 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Sure my only issue is that a scheme change is less than ideal. In the event of one there's likely to be a lot of difficulty, and let's be honest - any variance is gonna be simulated by play call anyways so there should be xp / Dev trait penalties to compensate.
In a way there are penalties if implemented correctly. Your rb may be a 95 under one scheme and a 90 under another. Physical traits should not change but awareness should drop temporarily.

I just do not like the idea that you can change schemes and call the exact same plays. That makes it meaningless

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #39
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

Maybe with all the scrutiny the NFL is under and hoping to regain their impenetrable dominance and positive image, they'll loosen up on some of these restriction they hold over their "brand" in video games. Or maybe they'll tighten it up for the same reasons. Anyhow, long stretch. Just let us have extensive customization, please.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:20 AM   #40
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
you could always put a TE in at LS, they had to have a high LS rating to make the visible list underneath
Only in the main menu , not in CFM , it was restricted to interior lineman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »