Home

Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
So they didn't do anything to injuries to make them matter..? Man we need a new injury system
Especially with the off ball injuries, you see someone is injured because the clock stops but you donít know who until three or four plays later, unless you spot the substitute on the field
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce
Especially with the off ball injuries, you see someone is injured because the clock stops but you donít know who until three or four plays later, unless you spot the substitute on the field
This is somewhat true.

They added a sequence of showing a injured player going to the locker room once they are injured. This is for some injuries, not all.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #43
MVP

underdog13's Arena

With the past few years of madden. Cfm mode has become one of the better franchise modes in sports gaming. Still not up to 2k levels, but progress has definitely been steady. Didn't play 18 but can't wait to play 19 with the 18 addition of off ball injuries.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #44
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Stolen from /r/madden on Reddit. I assume this is the final list of defensive scheme settings in Madden NFL 19 franchise mode. To me this list feels incredibly incomplete and inflexible. In its current state it will detract from what I actually think is a pretty cohesive new feature for franchise.

For example, a 4-3 front press-man Cover 1 scheme (similar to what the Oakland Raiders have used in the past) isn't well represented, because all the 4-3 schemes prefer Zone CBs. Similarly, Dick LeBeau's zone blitz 3-4 front scheme (made famous while he was with the Steelers) is also not well represented, because all the 3-4 front schemes prefer Man-To-Man CBs.

I really hope more options are added before release, because right now I feel like the defensive front I prefer is going to unnecessarily dictate how I develop my secondary and scheme fit is incredibly important this year (your players earn a significant amount of bonus XP in Weekly Training if his best archetype OVR matches your team's scheme preference for that position).
Old 06-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #45
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Stolen from /r/madden on Reddit. I assume this is the final list of defensive scheme settings in Madden NFL 19 franchise mode. To me this list feels incredibly incomplete and inflexible. In its current state it will detract from what I actually think is a pretty cohesive new feature for franchise.

For example, a 4-3 front press-man Cover 1 scheme (similar to what the Oakland Raiders have used in the past) isn't well represented, because all the 4-3 schemes prefer Zone CBs. Similarly, Dick LeBeau's zone blitz 3-4 front scheme (made famous while he was with the Steelers) is also not well represented, because all the 3-4 front schemes prefer Man-To-Man CBs.

I really hope more options are added before release, because right now I feel like the defensive front I prefer is going to unnecessarily dictate how I develop my secondary and scheme fit is incredibly important this year (your players earn a significant amount of bonus XP in Weekly Training if his best archetype OVR matches your team's scheme preference for that position).
Not nearly enough options.

3-4 is tied to man corners and 4-3 is tied to zone corners. Makes no sense.

I cant have pass coverage linebackers with man corners, huh?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 02:30 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1

i always want both S's to be zone, i want my MLBers to play vs the pass and i want to play 3-4 yet my cover 3 is going to suck? if my 11 best players are in the 3-4 this forces other formations to be used?
so looks like my base formation will be whatever and ill just draft what i need to play the way i want.

what happens if play flips? why cant i have a 3-4 but decide what type i want at each position? is every rusher a power rusher in 3-4 i cant have finesse? my rolb is on the field only a bit less than mlber 1 why cant they be a field general?

let me choose
Old 06-27-2018, 02:19 AM   #47
Banned

Franchise node won't be good until next gen
Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 AM   #48
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy10
Franchise node won't be good until next gen
I heard that last gen. I'm starting to feel like this is that scene in Spaceballs.

"When will then be now? Soon"

Sorry, if you haven't seen spaceballs google it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »