Home

Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #57
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

While I don't think the cfm in madden is great and I would be hard pressed to say I even "like" it. But I think this year they made some meaningful updates that will assist in changing how some of us feel about the mode. I'm personally looking forward to see how schemes work within team building. We know that there won't be a negative affect of using guys in the wrong scheme but it could be argued not getting the xp boost is a negative affect.

Also, the big thing for me is custom draft classes. Madden draft classes have been lacking, not diverse enough, draft stories have been pretty terrible. I am hoping that some of the great roster people will create some awesome draft classes and maybe some of their own draft stories to support their classes. It might not be as robust as people want but I can't think of another game that has a true robust custom draft class system.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:07 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7

If you donít have a way to review the history of your unique franchise then all this other stuff is just daily fluff. Maybe the people developing Madden understand graphics and code, but do they have anybody working at EA that gets the importance of NFL history?/
🤔AFL-NFL merger, first Super Bowl, what it means to be a dynasty,aka Pittsburg or six burg , Green Bay, San Fran, Dallas, New England, Buffalo 4 times 4 agonizing losses? What if what I just mentioned was lost each new season in the NFL? Oh and at the end of the season the NFL mentioned on page 10 of the daily news who got into the Hall of Fame. That would be Madden 18.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #59
Pro

Devaster's Arena

I'll definitely be paying attention to watching others play CFM to see what kind of changes EA makes with M19 though. I still think the CFM UI needs a massive update. It appears like EA wanted to limit the number of pages to scroll through and as a result ended up hiding a bunch of stuff inside certain menus. I'd rather scroll through more pages and have stuff available on the main window rather than diving into menus.

One of my biggest gripes with CFM is that the entire UI isn't that user friendly. And also they have removed some features over the years that were really good and not brought them back. I'm a big stats guy so I'd really like to see the stats accurate every year. And also the NFL records menu updated and more expansive. They haven't touched the NFL records menu much in years and it is still buggy. It doesn't always update the team a player plays for. And with M18 it has Julius Peppers listed twice for some reason.

My favorite feature that was taken away was the ability to search players active in the NFL. It is strange that this was removed from CFM. I think it used to be in M13 or M10/11. And it still exists outside of the CFM mode. You can search players in the roster menu outside of CFM either in the NFL or FA's. This lets you easily compare players around the league and was a great feature. It exists outside of CFM and used to exist in CFM, why was it removed from CFM? Bring it back.

Also you used to be able to search career stats and it would include FA's. I don't understand why they removed that feature either.

The more stats and records the better.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #60
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

While we're on a roll with history and stats posts,I will add the aggravation with points accumulated to hit the Hall of Fame threshold.

Julius Peppers,for instance,will be started below the threshold with like 160 career sacks but a player starting with 99 career sacks will hit both the 100 sack and then 125 sack goals and accumulate a ton of points while the player that already has way more than that is hard pressed to find ways to get those needed points.

It's been this way for several years now where players that should really be automatic future HOF are still made to achieve points in the last year or two of their careers with very limited ways to get them.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #61
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
While we're on a roll with history and stats posts,I will add the aggravation with points accumulated to hit the Hall of Fame threshold.

Julius Peppers,for instance,will be started below the threshold with like 160 career sacks but a player starting with 99 career sacks will hit both the 100 sack and then 125 sack goals and accumulate a ton of points while the player that already has way more than that is hard pressed to find ways to get those needed points.

It's been this way for several years now where players that should really be automatic future HOF are still made to achieve points in the last year or two of their careers with very limited ways to get them.

Yes, I also find this frustrating. Because I like seeing players that in real life are 1st ballot HoFamers make it in during my CFM.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers barely made the HoF in my CFM. Their lone SB's is probably the reason they made it. Because Rivers missed it. Eli somehow didn't make the HoFame either, but he will be a difficult decision in real life anyway. Big Ben is going to barely make it with his 2 SB's, but that is mainly because the CPU decided to keep him around all the way through year 2022. As of right now in the year 22 Russell Wilson has about 3700 legacy points with his 1 SB and 2 NFC champs. He has no shot probably.

Frank Gore is probably a borderline HoFamer and he made it into the top-10 rushing yards list in my CFM before retiring. But he had no shot. Adrian Peterson has been the only RB to make it. And is listed as retiring as a Saint. Freeman, David Johnson, Bell, Zeke, and Gurley have virtually no shot of making it despite piling up stats and PB's.

No WR's have made it in my CFM. Fitz should have and he ended his career 2nd in yards receiving and receptions. Steve Smith Sr. was probably borderline in my CFM before retiring. AB is probably the only WR that will eventually make it.

Gates passed Tony Gonzalez for receiving TD's in my CFM before retiring with 115. And he didn't make the HoFame, despite a good chance in real life. Only Witten has made it and Gronk will as well.

Joe Thomas has been the only OL to make it and I enjoy seeing that. But it was entirely dependent on the number of PB's he made. And the way Madden sends OL to the PB is really dumb. And for some reason my back-up OL go to the PB all the time if I have a good season, despite almost never seeing the field.

Kuechly hasn't been making many PB's in my CFM mostly due to injury. But he probably has no shot, which is astonishing to me.

DeMarcus Ware missed the HoFame despite making it into the top-10 in sacks and he had his SB with Denver. Suggs and Peppers weren't even close to making it, despite Suggs having a SB win and having over 100 career sacks. Peppers maybe due to his bug of appearing twice in the records window. Mathis had no shot either

Revis ended his career with two SB wins in my CFM and he still missed it. Madden simply doesn't reward shut-down CB's.

The game appears to heavily favor players that make the PB. And a lot of these players don't make it as often due to injuries and the way Madden determines who will go to the PB. A lot of legacy is weighted towards winning AFC/NFC championships and SB's as well. In addition to breaking career leader records at their positions, which simply isn't realistic for a lot of positions. There should be more intermediate milestones. And more milestones in line with today's NFL. I'd love to see milestones to reward shut-down CB play that doesn't entirely rely on INT numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #62
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
If you donít have a way to review the history of your unique franchise then all this other stuff is just daily fluff. Maybe the people developing Madden understand graphics and code, but do they have anybody working at EA that gets the importance of NFL history?/
AFL-NFL merger, first Super Bowl, what it means to be a dynasty,aka Pittsburg or six burg , Green Bay, San Fran, Dallas, New England, Buffalo 4 times 4 agonizing losses? What if what I just mentioned was lost each new season in the NFL? Oh and at the end of the season the NFL mentioned on page 10 of the daily news who got into the Hall of Fame. That would be Madden 18.
Madden 04-08 PC had all of this stuff

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #63
Pro

Devaster's Arena

EA also really needs to start implementing All-Pro voting and teams. In real life PB's are not that important and getting voted to the 1st and 2nd All-Pro teams is really what matters. And the All-Pro teams have also kept up with the times and evolving NFL and included a flex, ST player, a flex DB, and properly differentiated between defensive schemes to sort out interior defensive linemen, edge rushers, and LB's. The PB does a terrible job of that and it is a continuing issue in Madden.

3-4 pass rushers rarely make the PB. 3-4 DE's rarely make the PB because their role isn't recognized like that of a DT or interior defensive lineman. Slot receivers and CB's never make it in Madden.

Why does Madden not include PB alternatives? Only 2 MLB's can make the PB from the AFC and NFC every season.

In real life players voted to the PB that are in the SB don't go. And as a result don't get a PB on their resume. Yet those players often make the AP teams.

How hard would it be to group voting for edge rushers, interior linemen, flex offense, and flex DB? For edge rushers all 3-4 pass rusher OLB's would be included and all speed rusher, balanced 4-3, and 4-3 run stopper DE's. All DT's and 3-4 DE's would be included in the interior linemen category. Flex offense is simple - include the best remaining offensive player from the RB/WR/TE pool. Flex DB simple as well.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #64
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
EA also really needs to start implementing All-Pro voting and teams. In real life PB's are not that important and getting voted to the 1st and 2nd All-Pro teams is really what matters. And the All-Pro teams have also kept up with the times and evolving NFL and included a flex, ST player, a flex DB, and properly differentiated between defensive schemes to sort out interior defensive linemen, edge rushers, and LB's. The PB does a terrible job of that and it is a continuing issue in Madden.

3-4 pass rushers rarely make the PB. 3-4 DE's rarely make the PB because their role isn't recognized like that of a DT or interior defensive lineman. Slot receivers and CB's never make it in Madden

Why does Madden not include PB alternatives? Only 2 MLB's can make the PB from the AFC and NFC every season.

In real life players voted to the PB that are in the SB don't go. And as a result don't get a PB on their resume. Yet those players often make the AP teams.

How hard would it be to group voting for edge rushers, interior linemen, flex offense, and flex DB? For edge rushers all 3-4 pass rusher OLB's would be included and all speed rusher, balanced 4-3, and 4-3 run stopper DE's. All DT's and 3-4 DE's would be included in the interior linemen category. Flex offense is simple - include the best remaining offensive player from the RB/WR/TE pool. Flex DB simple as well.
This would be a fantastic addition and something I wish they would look into implementing in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »