Home

EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

This is a discussion on EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #25
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy10
Gronk should be 99 because he's best TE in NFL by far
How does that make any sense, whatsoever?

I wouldn't argue that Gronk in his absolute prime deserved a 99, but he's far from that nowadays.

The best player at a certain position doesn't deserve a 99, that's not how ratings should work. The rating should reflect the true ability of said player, and in the case of Gronk, he's not anywhere close to a 99 OVR in skill anymore...his injury proneness let ALONE should bring him down, regardless of skill.

These inflated ratings hurt team building, badly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #26
Rookie

GoJags904's Arena

Re: Official Madden NFL 19 Ratings Reveal Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
They already are - Kane (and Donny before him) have heavily relied upon PFF for ratings when calculating weekly ratings increases and decreases.
This is why ratings are trash. PFF gives guys who have awesome weeks slighted grades because of how "they" rate players at each position. It's far from always right; yet this is who they use. Ppl have said for years, myself included, that there needs to be either more moves added to lineman or more realistic design of the gameplay overall, to truly differentiate players and even gameplay feel. Form a pocket with realistic lineplay with online moves and counters and vice versa with stunts and whatnot. Make the Ben pocket feel alive and the QB differences will be more noticeable with how they react to different situations and players coming free from different spots of protection. Archetypes is a start, but dig deeper EA, Cmon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 06-28-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #27
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules

I wouldn't argue that Gronk in his absolute prime deserved a 99, but he's far from that nowadays.

The best player at a certain position doesn't deserve a 99, that's not how ratings should work. The rating should reflect the true ability of said player, and in the case of Gronk, he's not anywhere close to a 99 OVR in skill anymore...his injury proneness let ALONE should bring him down, regardless of skill.

I could not agree more.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #28
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules

Gronk is still in his prime and still by far the most dominant non-QB offensive player in the game. Second place isn't even remotely close to him. He definitely should be the highest rated non-QB, whether that's 99 or a lower number.

Last edited by TB5XSBW; 07-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #29
Rookie

Yall know when the Rookie ratings are dropping today?
Old 07-02-2018, 06:24 PM   #30
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Gronk is still in his prime and still by far the most dominant non-QB offensive player in the game. Second place isn't even remotely close to him. He definitely should be the highest rated non-QB, whether that's 99 or a lower number.
I'm a HUGE Gronk fan but to say he is by far the most dominant non-qb offensive player would be a stretch. Just at tight end alone I think there can be an argument made for Travis Kelce who had similar stats as Gronk with a lesser QB throwing him the ball. As great as I think Gronk is, this would have been the year I would have been fine with him being rated lower than Kelce.

All that being said, Gronk is a beast and using him in the beta was fun.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #31
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I'm a HUGE Gronk fan but to say he is by far the most dominant non-qb offensive player would be a stretch. Just at tight end alone I think there can be an argument made for Travis Kelce who had similar stats as Gronk with a lesser QB throwing him the ball. As great as I think Gronk is, this would have been the year I would have been fine with him being rated lower than Kelce.

All that being said, Gronk is a beast and using him in the beta was fun.
Gronk was coming off an injury and started the first 3-4 games very slowly. He returned to form after that, had another tremendous regular season, and put together another fantastic postseason, despite missing a large portion of the AFCCG. Not to mention that Gronk is still a far better blocker than Kelce, making him much more of a nightmare matchup. Meanwhile, Kelce was nowhere to be found in the postseason once again.

It's not close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #32
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Let’s not get into another pissing contest about Patriots’ players’ greatness, please and thank you. There are five other 99s worth discussing and also 2,361 non-99s on the Madden NFL 19 default roster to talk about. Yes I did the math.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »