Home

Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Kevin Scott As is so often the case with these things, there's no way to truly...

Written By: Chris Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: Thoughts on the New Additions to Franchise Mode

"Player archetypes are intriguing, and I’m anxious to see how players progress from season to season. Furthermore, I like what EA did with each position, and the different types of player types each contain. Choosing a player that best fits your scheme will help in the long run."

^^^^^ That is essentially my feeling going in, and a key feature in CFM for M19.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
MVP

Toupal's Arena

These additions were a great step in the right direction.

I just hope they keep their foot on the gas for Madden 20 and build off of these additions as opposed to gutting them.

Last edited by Toupal; 06-27-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

What they've done to change progression is an improvement, but as the article stated the whole premise of XP being tied to on the field performance is flawed. None of the other features really excite me.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #5
Rookie

I miss the days of being able to select a couple players at the start of your franchise and doing drills which would boost their attributes, then players would progress every couple weeks was nice to see your good play pay off with a few players, the whole XP thing they’ve had never interested me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 10:04 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I wish there was a easier way to know whats going on around the league. Scores and league standings should be easier to access. More information on the main screen would be great. I love looking at box scores but i gotta scroll right scroll right then click click click to see them. Madden 12 menu was awesome. Bring it back. The menu for the pass 5 years? Terrible

Last edited by haloofduty; 06-24-2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 06-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Ratings are still an issue. Things like a guys motor should determine his off the field work ethic in exercise, film study on technique and playbook/game planning while also including how much he may hunt for his own stats, give up on a play or do the little things that don't show up in the box score.

Also they should have more of a range on non-physical skills. Does a players technique falter when tired or feeling pressure?

Instead of xp have set what a player needs to work on during season and in off season combined with what he wants to work on to drive ratings. Also if a player and coach disagree could create tension. Also setting a role for the player each season/when acquiring players could help in driving player movement. Maybe you trade your star player at the end of his rookie deal because he's been a headache and his contract demands are exorbitant. Could have an auto setting so players who don't want to deal with never have to see it.

Also fatigue needs adjusted. Their are two types of fatigue at work constantly. One is how many snaps in a current game does a guy have and how much workload can he have in a given season. Some players are amazing but can't play every down. Would separate the superstars more (they can play every snap) while seeing the impact of certain players in small doses be on their level.

Just a few random thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #8
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

So they didn't do anything to injuries to make them matter..? Man we need a new injury system

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »