Home

Uniforms

This is a discussion on Uniforms within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Uniforms

So I don’t know if I might be the only who has seen this...

With the dolphins 2000’s alternate socks, they have the secondary white that you can choose low, mid, or high. This is on a sock that has stripes. I don’t know if this is a glitch or not, but why can’t they incorporate this with the Chiefs, Bears and Broncos socks? They want to simulate “realism” as if you see it on Sunday, you’ll see it in the game. This is just something that has kind of bothered me because those three teams, everyone has the same generic sock. Has anyone else noticed this about the dolphins alternate socks, or am I the only one?
Would anyone else like to see them do that, or am I the only one?

I would post pics to show, but I’m not to updated on the technology aspect of it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Re: Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho

With the dolphins 2000’s alternate socks, they have the secondary white that you can choose low, mid, or high. This is on a sock that has stripes. I don’t know if this is a glitch or not, but why can’t they incorporate this with the Chiefs, Bears and Broncos socks? They want to simulate “realism” as if you see it on Sunday, you’ll see it in the game. This is just something that has kind of bothered me because those three teams, everyone has the same generic sock. Has anyone else noticed this about the dolphins alternate socks, or am I the only one?

I would post pics to show, but I’m not to updated on the technology aspect of it

You are not the only one to notice this. I’ve been harping about it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 02:49 PM   #3
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Don't get me started on retro unis. Wanted stuff has been missing for a while and we are at EA's mercy as to what they choose to add or fix in that department. To Kane's credit, he's done a lot but his focus is always on current unis first. While I understand and agree with that, it's still frustrating when it comes to retro additions and corrections. Unis and equipment are going to end up being in game purchases eventually, I bet. Hopefully there will be a sticky again this year for unis and equipment comments and gripes.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

It just amazes me they add a lot of crap that I know most people don’t care about, and leave so much out for the true fans of the game

Old 06-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Hopefully there will be a sticky again this year for unis and equipment comments and gripes.
Can't we just start one now? Usually there is already a uniforms/equipment thread well before the game is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2018, 06:24 PM   #6
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

As a fan of football for many years i have a great appreciation for all the eras of unis each team has gone through.

For me Being able to select which era uniform from each teams history brings so much to this game. Nothing to do with gameplay of course but everything to do with creating atmosphere in the game and adding an element that is individually unique for each gamer creating that something special about the game.

Us old NFL fans that have watched football for 30+ years really appreciate the subtle touches of ones favorite teams uniforms from days of old. It matters!

Old 06-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
As a fan of football for many years i have a great appreciation for all the eras of unis each team has gone through.

For me Being able to select which era uniform from each teams history brings so much to this game. Nothing to do with gameplay of course but everything to do with creating atmosphere in the game and adding an element that is individually unique for each gamer creating that something special about the game.

Us old NFL fans that have watched football for 30+ years really appreciate the subtle touches of ones favorite teams uniforms from days of old. It matters!

I completely agree with making our own atmospheres in the game. I have spent many hours finding work arounds and whatever I could to make the game as customizable and enjoyable for my own experience. I’ve figured how to utilize color rush uniforms to make cleats different and to my liking as well. Idk if you guys are aware, but if you pick say buffalo color rush, you can give players the vintage Nike, pinto, Nike force I believe off hand, and under armor brawler to give white cleats while others wear all red.

Now I use my own fictional roster to give me more customization because I don’t really care to play what I already can watch on tv, but I like to have the uniform customization and accessory options that you see. If EA would get away from the NFL and make a different football game with all the customization, I think they’ll find a new market that’s pretty big themselves.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:07 PM   #8
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho

This is my 1st post in close to a Decade, my answer to this is ask Kane699!! I’m sure he is still on here making sure the stripes on the jerseys are correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »