Home

A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather

This is a discussion on A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-27-2018, 01:40 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather

This YouTuber Eric rayweather is a horrible Madden player. He plays all his games in Arcade only. Arcade which the easiest way to play Madden.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-27-2018, 03:40 AM   #18
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
This YouTuber Eric rayweather is a horrible Madden player. He plays all his games in Arcade only. Arcade which the easiest way to play Madden.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm not sure what that has to do with his video? Also, what's the point of having arcade mode if when people use it they're criticized for it?
Old 06-27-2018, 04:48 AM   #19
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The are some people who have pathological mindset that only people who trash the game are telling the truth and that everyone else is a shill. There is no point in engaging with folks who think like that.
This is it, basically. For some, you're either 100% against the game at all times or your opinion can't be trusted. That's life these days, I guess.

As for the video, I only skimmed it but I like a lot of things here. I hate the run early on, at 39 seconds in. Obviously the space is there, but that could really benefit from an actual cut animation to change direction instead of just shooting the other way immediately. On the plus side they have cleaned up a lot of those cases, but that also makes the times that it still pops up really noticeable.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #20
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

He's right, it's really hard to see the difference the RPM makes.

Also, I still see very unrealistic down field defender motion. It's scattered throughout the video, but 4:25 is a good example. The RB breaks down field and the defender comes in on a bee-line to the ball carrier. Sometimes defenders do this in the NFL but it would usually be to lay a big shoulder hit into the defender, which isn't what happens here, and it is high risk to try this, especially against someone like Freeman as basically the last defender.

A more realistic approach by the defender would be to come forward and then start to slow and dig in, to prevent being juked out. This bee-line tackling is just not realistic and it really sticks out to me.

Not only this, but the defender does take a bad angle, but isn't penalized at all, despite Freeman trying to juke inside. It just ends up with the weird juke that doesn't seem to actually go anywhere, and defender and ball carrier warping into a tackle. It's disappointing to still see this happening.

Difficulty might have an impact but it looks like the same as we've had since forever.

Last edited by Nza; 06-27-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #21
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Look at how wide those shoulder pads look in that thumbnail. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Julio Jones has no neck. It’s seriously a no buy for me if they don’t get the models looking realistic. I know people claim it’s been fixed. We’ll see.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 08:21 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza

Not only this, but the defender does take a bad angle, but isn't penalized at all, despite Freeman trying to juke inside. It just ends up with the weird juke that doesn't seem to actually go anywhere, and defender and ball carrier warping into a tackle. It's disappointing to still see this happening.

Difficulty might have an impact but it looks like the same as we've had since forever.
Thanks for pointing this out. I saw the exact same play and turned the video off afterwards.

it honestly looks the same. Maybe the RB can attack a gap more aggressively? The angles the ballcarrier can make a hard cut in seem to be more pronounced?

When it comes to the tackle interaction it is still clearly a dice roll that doesn’t appear to be taking anything legitimate into account. Even if we ignore that madden still can’t illustrate something as elementary fundamental as the defender’s “break down” leading into a tackle attempt, the interaction is still hideous because Freeman makes the correct move (inside jump cut on defender’s overpursuit) and somehow the animation ends with him cutting outside into the boundary?!?!

The defender’s left arm could have clipped an extremity, forcing Freeman to trip and that would have been a much more convincing animation.

I used to harp on this when I cared more but this is the type of stuff that murders any hope of this game actually emulating the sport. If Freeman had been attempting to get a first down and break that boundary for just one or two yards he would have been making the absolute best move. Him getting warped into this tackle animation that clearly defies the laws of physics fundamentally disrespects the “game of inches” nature of Football.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
Can’t wait till the beta is over to discuss the running cause I heard it may be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It kinda is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #24
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Julio Jones has no neck. It’s seriously a no buy for me if they don’t get the models looking realistic. I know people claim it’s been fixed. We’ll see.
Since it's already been stated I don't think answering this breaks the NDA. This has been fixed, the models in the beta look quite good in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »