Home

A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather

This is a discussion on A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: A Closer Look at the new Run Game by Eric RayWeather

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Unfortunately, you still have people calling him out and he expressed that on Twitter.

The life a CGer, doesn't matter if you keep it real or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Well that sucks. I don't understand why people attack the game changers, would people prefer we get nothing until the game drops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's simple, jealousy.

Jealousy? It's a reputation that GCers earned.
I personally wouldn't criticize this GCer because I know nothing about him. But GCers have earned the poor reputation.

Last edited by bucky60; 06-27-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You may not be jealous of them, but any position like this has tons of people hating out of pure jealousy.

― Plato
Old 06-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You may not be jealous of them, but any position like this has tons of people hating out of pure jealousy.

I imagine if they wouldn't have been mostly a marketing ploy, they would have had a much better reputation and a lot less criticism.

But again, I won't criticize this particular one because I know nothing about him.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #28
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I imagine if they wouldn't have been mostly a marketing ploy, they would have had a much better reputation and a lot less criticism.

But again, I won't criticize this particular one because I know nothing about him.
I guess I just am out of the loop on any reputation a GC has. When I watch the guys on youtube, there are some that I enjoy and others I don't. The fact that they are game changers, has very little, if any thing to do with it.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I guess I just am out of the loop on any reputation a GC has. When I watch the guys on youtube, there are some that I enjoy and others I don't. The fact that they are game changers, has very little, if any thing to do with it.

This is where I'm at as well. I know 2 game changers. This one and SimFBall. Only reason I remember Sim is because I saw a video of his in the last week.

― Plato
Old 06-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think the point is, anyone who steps into a GCer shoes will have this scrutiny or reputation, if you will, bestowed upon them, fair or unfair. Welcome to the shoes and life of a GCer. Before GCer, there was Community Day, and even back in Madden 9 and 10, you were looked upon as someone that was biased.

Also, on top of that, this was one of the most discussed about/ranting about threads in OS history and I'm sure we don't need to revisit that rabbit hole from a decade ago, do we?

And like Bucky is alluding to, it's unfair to judge them if you don't know them.

Last edited by roadman; 06-27-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #31
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
He's right, it's really hard to see the difference the RPM makes.

Also, I still see very unrealistic down field defender motion. It's scattered throughout the video, but 4:25 is a good example. The RB breaks down field and the defender comes in on a bee-line to the ball carrier. Sometimes defenders do this in the NFL but it would usually be to lay a big shoulder hit into the defender, which isn't what happens here, and it is high risk to try this, especially against someone like Freeman as basically the last defender.

A more realistic approach by the defender would be to come forward and then start to slow and dig in, to prevent being juked out. This bee-line tackling is just not realistic and it really sticks out to me.

Not only this, but the defender does take a bad angle, but isn't penalized at all, despite Freeman trying to juke inside. It just ends up with the weird juke that doesn't seem to actually go anywhere, and defender and ball carrier warping into a tackle. It's disappointing to still see this happening.

Difficulty might have an impact but it looks like the same as we've had since forever.
This is what I noticed as well. Warping tackles that make overpursuing not penalized. Definitely looks like the defense doesn't have this RPM working. And the running back doesn't look like they move much differently either. I've already heard from a couple of people with beta codes that you have to play to feel the difference, but that's exactly what people said the last couple of years. So I'm not expecting much of a difference

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 04:23 PM   #32
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

I want to discuss the running game so bad but gotta wait till next week. Ill just say you have to play it to judge . Been playing the beta non stop and man .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »