Home

7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

This is a discussion on 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

Today, EA Sports revealed the top 7 rated players in Madden NFL 19, all of which...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Per ProFootballTalk, the seven OVR 99s:

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Antonio Brown
Aaron Donald
Von Miller
Luke Kuechly
:Facepalm:

Seven freaking 99 OVR's?

Brady - At best I'd give him a 96, he is a Top 3 QB of ALL-TIME, but the fact of the matter is he's not that guy anymore and is supplemented by an even BETTER coach. Any player in talks of retirement shouldn't be a 99, seriously.

Rodgers - One of the best arms and most clutch in the game, but even he has had his downfalls. We aren't talking Payton in his prime, Montana, Unitas, Farve, Marino, it's insulting to those guys to give Rodgers a 99 OVR.

Gronk - This is so pathetic I can't even comment on it.

Brown - Moss, Rice, Owens...Brown? Yeah freaking right...again, insulting to those guys to put Antonio Brown at their OVR.

Donald - Probably the player I have the least problem with, but again, he shouldn't be a 99 OVR. This is no Mean Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, or Merlin Olsen...I'd put him maybe around Warren Sapp territory...a 96/97 OVR in the prime he's in.

Miller - Almost as bad as Gronk...this is just insulting.

Kuechly - Underrated in the eyes of household names, but not a 99 OVR.

I'm sick just looking at this.

Last edited by saintrules; 06-27-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
I wouldn't argue that Gronk in his absolute prime deserved a 99, but he's far from that nowadays.
Quote:
Brady - At best I'd give him a 95, he is a Top 3 QB of ALL-TIME, but the fact of the matter is he's not that guy anymore and is supplemented by an even BETTER coach. Any player in talks of retirement shouldn't be a 99, seriously.
What planet are you living on? Both of these players are still at the top of their games. Brady has been playing the best football of his career, and literally put up the best postseason performance in league history in SBLII and completely wiped his a$$ with Philly's defense - a defense most were saying would be a horrible match up for NE's offense. Regarding the coach you just mentioned - Belichick is no doubt the GOAT, but he also single handedly cost the team #6 and wasted Brady's brilliant performance.

Gronk is still Gronk. A dominant freak which no team has an answer for.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The ratings will never please all. Some want a 99 to be the best ever. Others want a 99 to be the best current. With the way it is now some 99s are better than others. My biggest issue is inflating other ratings to get players to a specific overall. Too often in Madden we see guys get boosts in places they are weaker in real life just so their rating will be high enough. My wish is that the archetype system is expanded on and we really get a ratings system that values specialized players and doesn't need artificial inflation to make players good all around so their rating is high.

― Plato
Old 06-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
:Facepalm:

Seven freaking 99 OVR's?

Brady - At best I'd give him a 96, he is a Top 3 QB of ALL-TIME, but the fact of the matter is he's not that guy anymore and is supplemented by an even BETTER coach. Any player in talks of retirement shouldn't be a 99, seriously.

Rodgers - One of the best arms and most clutch in the game, but even he has had his downfalls. We aren't talking Payton in his prime, Montana, Unitas, Farve, Marino, it's insulting to those guys to give Rodgers a 99 OVR.

Gronk - This is so pathetic I can't even comment on it.

Brown - Moss, Rice, Owens...Brown? Yeah freaking right...again, insulting to those guys to put Antonio Brown at their OVR.

Donald - Probably the player I have the least problem with, but again, he shouldn't be a 99 OVR. This is no Mean Joe Greene, Bob Lilly, or Merlin Olsen...I'd put him maybe around Warren Sapp territory...a 96/97 OVR in the prime he's in.

Miller - Almost as bad as Gronk...this is just insulting.

Kuechly - Underrated in the eyes of household names, but not a 99 OVR.

I'm sick just looking at this.
If I'm not mistaken didn't Brady just win the MVP and take his team to the super bowl? Aaron Donald just won Defensive player of the year, Kuechly is widely considered the best linebacker playing right now. I don't have any issue with these.

Plus, as far as cfm goes, regression will handle this for the older players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

The first thing I do when I open Madden is take a look at some of the lower or higher overalls and tweak them. I actually kind of enjoy it.

This year will be no different.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
What planet are you living on? Both of these players are still at the top of their games. Brady has been playing the best football of his career, and literally put up the best postseason performance in league history in SBLII and completely wiped his a$$ with Philly's defense - a defense most were saying would be a horrible match up for NE's offense. Regarding the coach you just mentioned - Belichick is no doubt the GOAT, but he also single handedly cost the team #6 and wasted Brady's brilliant performance.

Gronk is still Gronk. A dominant freak which no team has an answer for.
Planet Earth.

You must be from Uranus, as well as the Madden dev team who handles ratings, because that's straight where they pulled this crap from.

This isn't an issue with particular players, this is an issue with EVERYBODY. The ratings are insanely inflated because players cry and complain based on their ratings in a video game.

EA is out here to please the NFLPA first, and if you disagree, I don't think you've read enough about it.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #8
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Planet Earth.

You must be from Uranus, as well as the Madden dev team who handles ratings, because that's straight where they pulled this crap from.

This isn't an issue with particular players, this is an issue with EVERYBODY. The ratings are insanely inflated because players cry and complain based on their ratings in a video game.

EA is out here to please the NFLPA first, and if you disagree, I don't think you've read enough about it.
My post wasn't so much about the Madden ratings as it was about your inaccurate comments about the aforementioned players.

I don't mind if they lower all of the ratings and don't have any 99 OVR. The two you mentioned would still be the highest rated at their positions, though, and rightfully so.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »