Home

Post things you want BETA testers to look for.... No answers will be provided..

This is a discussion on Post things you want BETA testers to look for.... No answers will be provided.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 11:22 PM   #113
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post things you want BETA testers to look for.... No answers will be provided..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Check on player Regression in CFM. Maybe sim forward 5 years and see what some of the top guys are doing.

Check to see if it is a blanket "-2" for a ton of stats every year for guys once they hit 30 yrs old.

Check on the Salary Cap in 5 years and 10 years to see if it is raising at a consistent level like it does in real life. It has been increasing by about $10 mill every season recently in real life.

Check to see how much players want from contracts, like Wentz, Dak, Rodgers, etc... to see if it is more in line with real life demands.

Yes to all of this. The salary cap one bothers me the most because it isn't something we can fix by spending time editing players. I'm glad they finally introduced regression, but they made it far too simple and broad.

Salary cap and contracts, on the other hand, have largely been untouched for a long time. And are way out-of-date. I'm seeing top receivers sign 10-12mil/season contracts in the year 2022 in my current CFM for M18. Top tier QB's signing 20mil/season contracts. And the salary cap has gone up in the game. But contracts don't reflect that.

As for regression it needs to be more intricate and complex. It can't be a broad -2 for a bunch of stats at the age 28 or 29. Certain positions age better than others. I do think injury should probably start regressing at 28 or 29 for every position though. Or toughness, which I believe is the stat that determines how quickly players recover from injury. And top players and physical freaks should sometimes not see as much regression. Make it a bit randomized. I want to see a Jerry Rice-like WR make it to 40. I want to see more QB's reaching the age of 40.

Add some realism to retirement. If a player is in their mid-30's or approaching 40 and they are on a losing team they should retire. Even if the coach has the traits to prolong a position from retiring. Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, etc. Guys that could still play at a dominant level for another 5+ seasons, but chose to retire.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:31 AM   #114
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Re: Post things you want BETA testers to look for.... No answers will be provided..

Since the beta boards are still active for us, I have been going back over notes that I took and trying to add additional content and unfortunately I have been somewhat repetitive in feedback.

A lot of the stuff that was posted in this thread I tried to test out and if needed, leave feedback regarding it. Hopefully this helps lead us to a great madden launch in August.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:19 PM   #115
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Since the beta boards are still active for us, I have been going back over notes that I took and trying to add additional content and unfortunately I have been somewhat repetitive in feedback.

A lot of the stuff that was posted in this thread I tried to test out and if needed, leave feedback regarding it. Hopefully this helps lead us to a great madden launch in August.
I played the beta but where is the beta boards?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 10:30 PM   #116
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I played the beta but where is the beta boards?
You should be able to get to it through this address, https://www.ea.com/games/madden/beta
Old 07-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #117
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
You should be able to get to it through this address, https://www.ea.com/games/madden/beta
ok thanks!
Old 07-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #118
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Sadly, I didn't get to play enough to check my 2 biggest issue in game. I gave a lot of feedback but I missed out on an extra day to check on these.

Please note this is not about Beta! These are issues I saw in previous versions of Madden and I want them to be resolved.

Salary Cap/Revenue issue
In past versions, the cap increases each year. Not by as much as real life, but it does go up from my experience. Conversely, league revenue and ticket prices remain stagnant. In the long run...say 5-10-15 years down the line, it starts cutting into profits as an owner. I hope this is rectified, by either adding to league shared revenue or allowing ticket prices to go up say $1 a year after a winning season. Just that much would offset. I usually only play 5-6 seasons and by then, unless I manage to stay way under cap, I start seeing less profits. Instead of making 70-80 million a year, its 60-70. It doesn't seem major, but if I wanted to play 10-15 years I can see it becoming an issue for any owner.

Regression
In the past, regression is broken and TOO fast. After 30, Dez Bryant dropped like a rock. Once he was 31, his speed was down to 78 in game. That made no sense, I actually wound up editing his speed back to like 85 so he was serviceable. I almost edit players, but I had to in order to keep it realistic.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #119
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Not sure this was something to be posted publicly. Probably would have been better as a PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #120
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Not sure this was something to be posted publicly. Probably would have been better as a PM.

It's fine....it's 100% public info. You can't get into it unless you actually played the beta.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »