Home

7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

This is a discussion on 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

I'm fine with Madden keeping their scale the way it is, though, if only they wouldn't inflate other ratings to get guys to a certain overall. Don't give Brady a stronger arm and make him slightly faster because you want him to be a 96 or whatever. Same with a guy like Kerrigan I brought up. Don't inflate his zone coverage to an 80+ just so he can be a top 10% player in the game.

I can look past their system now where a 99 just means best active player, but I can't look past artificial inflation. I've already gone into about how it makes for everyone to feel the same, so no reason to go into that anymore.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #26
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
What planet are you living on? Both of these players are still at the top of their games. Brady has been playing the best football of his career, and literally put up the best postseason performance in league history in SBLII and completely wiped his a$$ with Philly's defense - a defense most were saying would be a horrible match up for NE's offense. Regarding the coach you just mentioned - Belichick is no doubt the GOAT, but he also single handedly cost the team #6 and wasted Brady's brilliant performance.

Gronk is still Gronk. A dominant freak which no team has an answer for.
Wait are you talking about the last super bowl? I saw Brady hitting a bunch of open guys. And some pretty easy passes. Foles made more impressive throws in the game.

Brady is great. But hes not my goat. And its probably not even his fault.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #27
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 7 Players Are Rated an Overall 99 in Madden NFL 19, Your Thoughts?

You know what one of my biggest pet peeves are? When people go, "OMG he shouldn't be a 99! That's ridiculous! ... He's more like a 97." Like, does that 2 point gap REALLY make that much of a difference to you? Lol

Drives me up the wall, but maybe I'm the only one...

#GoCoogs - #ForTheCity - #ForTheH
Old 06-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Some of you seem to like the way FOF rated players with most starters in the 60's and 70's and those higher are usually the god-tier level that rarely happens. You'd have maybe one player at an 80 at a position and if you hit 90 it would be a generational talent like Manning, Sanders, Lewis, etc.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
Some of you seem to like the way FOF rated players with most starters in the 60's and 70's and those higher are usually the god-tier level that rarely happens. You'd have maybe one player at an 80 at a position and if you hit 90 it would be a generational talent like Manning, Sanders, Lewis, etc.
That sounds great to me. Sign me up.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:12 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
That sounds great to me. Sign me up.

Agree 200%. I am really hoping that a player editor comes out on the PC that really streamlines the process of editing players and can also allow for mass edits. If so I'll probably have my game set up to reflect a roster like that and I'll do all I can to get my draft classes to reflect it as well.

― Plato
Old 06-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #31
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

If Von's in there, Khalil should be as well.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #32
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
You know what one of my biggest pet peeves are? When people go, "OMG he shouldn't be a 99! That's ridiculous! ... He's more like a 97." Like, does that 2 point gap REALLY make that much of a difference to you? Lol

Drives me up the wall, but maybe I'm the only one...
When its really funny is when it is more like an 87 rated OL that someone will scoff at, saying they could see, maybe 86, but probably just an 85 is fair.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »