Home

Madden NFL 19 Graphics Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Graphics Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #33
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 19 Graphics Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What are the new Bears uniforms they are referring to, the orange alternates that are already in the game?
Basically.

The new jersey's shoulder number and sleeve stripe are more in line with the standard home/away jerseys rather than the way they looked last time.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:28 AM   #34
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
It's only in certain situations in daytime lighting it appears to look more sun washed hence the"dimness" comments

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I am Sooooooo glad I'm not the only one who noticed the washed out/dim look in daylight games. It is only when going a certain direction of the field though, for example:
My offense has the ball, it looks great. When on defense it looks washed out. Change of quarter, the opposite happens.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #35
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Something I noticed that I really liked was that you can see the shoulder pads under the jersey in the neck area.

Like you can actually see them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I really don't like the way the lighting looks this year. Everything just looks washed out. I'll have to wait until I see the retail copy in person, but as of now 18's lighting was way better for me.
I agree the lighting is a big issue in the clips we've seen so far. It looks like there's a tint, almost like the user is wearing sunglasses, during day games. The grass on some fields looks like it hasn't been watered in a month.

The lighting in 18 is fantastic. Everything is dark and dull in the '19 clips outside of dome games.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-29-2018, 08:54 AM   #37
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

After seeing the trailer and those early screenshots I was worried. It looked like some ill-conceived filter was put over everything (like M09 and the blue filter). I'll just say that the game doesn't seem to have any trace of that, and I think has surpassed 18. The colors are exceptional this year, and some of the player models and subtle uniform and accessory details are just phenomenal. Bright sunlight can look a little too high contrast in some contexts like dome light mixed with sunlight beaming in imo, and it gives a bit of a muddy look in spots, but overall the art side of Madden has been outstanding on Frostbite. Kane and co have put a ton of love in, and I'm offering up my praise.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:56 AM   #38
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I am Sooooooo glad I'm not the only one who noticed the washed out/dim look in daylight games. It is only when going a certain direction of the field though, for example:
My offense has the ball, it looks great. When on defense it looks washed out. Change of quarter, the opposite happens.
Its different depending were the sun is. Which I dont really care for, but I suppose its realistic. I dont think its washed out though.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-29-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What are the new Bears uniforms they are referring to, the orange alternates that are already in the game?

Yes they are bringing back the orange alternate jersey from years back. It was already in the game, so don't know why they say it's "new".

https://fansided.com/2018/06/15/chic...uniforms-2018/
Old 06-29-2018, 10:11 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 5

The CFM blog was underwhelming, now this Graphics blog seems pretty light. For me, the only thing Madden 19 has going for it is being back on PC. Everything else seems like pretty light year of upgrades.

But I AM excited about Madden being back on PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »