Home

Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #41
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This was one of the things I mentioned for people to look at in the beta suggestions thread. I hope it got some attention, because you're right that with the way that Madden has been tuned lately, Darnold and Allen are in great danger of being drafted over in the first year, and being relegated to career backup in practically every solo CFM across the world that doesn't have Users controlling those teams. Jackson, Rosen, and especially Mayfield(being over an 80) have better chances.
QB roster building logic for CPU teams was a really big issue in '18. Hope it's fixed for '19. This is a real immersion killer for CFM.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #42
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
This is a massive issue & one that severely killed my immersion in last year's game, as well as '17.

Time and time again I watched the Browns draft QB after QB after QB in the first or second round, all rated somewhere between 75-81 in OVR. By year 6 or so, the Browns had four QB's that could have easily been starting for multiple franchises, only to ride the pine because the AI was too dumb enough to trade them. In fact, the AI would actually RESIGN these guys instead of dumping them into FA.

What I don't understand is how they have not worked the AI smart enough to recognize prospects or talent beyond their OVR. I've watched the Steelers draft Josh Allen in the past, labeled as a (80) OVR prospect, yet they snag Blake Bortles in FA, a (81) OVR, and start Bortles, for the duration of his contract, EVEN THOUGH THEY GO 5-11 AND ALLEN HAS SUPERSTAR DEVELOPMENT!
Yeah in year two of my cfm last year Goff was backing up Drew Brees. Fortunately Brees became a journeyman despite still having an overall in the 90s and signed with a new team every year so Goff got his job back after a year, plus I had to manually bump his ratings
Old 07-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm not qualified to make a judgement about it one way or another, but it is interesting to me that the Madden ratings guys think that Mayfield is that much ahead of Darnold right now.
Personally I agree on that front. But Iím wondering how Baker got 95 throw power, thatís crazy.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
This is a massive issue & one that severely killed my immersion in last year's game, as well as '17.

Time and time again I watched the Browns draft QB after QB after QB in the first or second round, all rated somewhere between 75-81 in OVR. By year 6 or so, the Browns had four QB's that could have easily been starting for multiple franchises, only to ride the pine because the AI was too dumb enough to trade them. In fact, the AI would actually RESIGN these guys instead of dumping them into FA.

What I don't understand is how they have not worked the AI smart enough to recognize prospects or talent beyond their OVR. I've watched the Steelers draft Josh Allen in the past, labeled as a (80) OVR prospect, yet they snag Blake Bortles in FA, a (81) OVR, and start Bortles, for the duration of his contract, EVEN THOUGH THEY GO 5-11 AND ALLEN HAS SUPERSTAR DEVELOPMENT!
This is true, but the issue isnít to up rookie overalls, team AI needs a huge upgrade. Totally agreed on the Browns thing, too accurate.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynNite
Personally I agree on that front. But Iím wondering how Baker got 95 throw power, thatís crazy.
Has to do with him throwing a 60 at the combine which was 2 shy of Allen's 62.

My only issue with this is, as I've mentioned previously, this stuff doesn't pass the eye test. While I understand that may not be 100% reliable, does anyone really believe Rosen throws near the velocity Allen does? Rosen had a 59 throwing to the right and 57 to the left.

Just watching game film of Rosen will tell you he has a good arm, but it's nowhere near the top. It's middling.

But I guess this is a good way to avoid controversy with the average fan - get backlash, and you can just point to combine results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Remember when we had QB of the Future as a player role/badge and it kept the AI from doing just this? I miss some of those.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I think my main concern looking at these ratings is whether or not the AI will try to replace Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold and Allen with a first round QB in year two.

The AI has seemingly knew the OVRs and even though the Bears had Trubisky, the AI in Madden drafted a first round QB because they had a higher OVR than Trubisky thus he was deemed replaceable by the Madden AI. We had to tinker with the ratings of rookie quarterbacks to ensure the AI drafted another position. I know with custom draft classes this will help as we can control the ratings but if you don't use custom draft classes and use the default, then this may still be a problem.
THISSSSSSSSSS. Hate.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:28 AM   #48
Rookie

I like the ratings

Go AZ Cardinals!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »