Home

Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
These ratings show how much is truly wrong in madden. Mayfield is the highest rated QB. Darnold, consensus best QB prospect since Luck according to everyone except the Browns who are desperate to continue to be stupid is a 75 and only 1 ovr better than Allen, who couldn't hit water if he threw out of a boat. Jackson (WHO I LIKE) wasnt even expected to be a day 2 draft pick at qb for a while and was asked to be open to a position change, comes in as the second best QB. Almost like they are desperate to pander to hype.... weird that
I like Darnold a lot, but he was far from Consensus best QB other than Browns. Several teams graded Rosen QB1, others had Mayfield, some Darnold. It was all over the place.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:38 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 19

Itís funny looking at people get so worked up about these ratings, when if your a CFM player, based on M18, the Scheme Fit will affect the OVR value presented.

Some players OVR will be higher, while others will drop.

This is where a component written in the Franchise Blog comes into play if these particular players are on your team.
- Do you try and altar the players Archetype to fit your Scheme or
- Do you altar your Scheme to fit a particular player and start to restructure your roster?

AI may need help by switching the Scheme to fit these QBís considered to be the future of those franchises.
- this may/may not altar how the AI goes about its tesmbuilding business going forth
Old 07-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Itís funny looking at people get so worked up about these ratings, when if your a CFM player, based on M18, the Scheme Fit will affect the OVR value presented.

Some players OVR will be higher, while others will drop.

This is where a component written in the Franchise Blog comes into play if these particular players are on your team.
- Do you try and altar the players Archetype to fit your Scheme or
- Do you altar your Scheme to fit a particular player and start to restructure your roster?

AI may need help by switching the Scheme to fit these QBís considered to be the future of those franchises.
- this may/may not altar how the AI goes about its tesmbuilding business going forth
Yeah, all sounds great, like when they explained scheme fits and such in the past and it was bare bone and trash.

Until I'm in game and have gone through several seasons to see how well this works and how AI adapts with it - there is no way I'm touting the feature.

But this still doesn't take away inaccuracies of base stats for players - this just shows that attributes/ratings players have there is very little difference. A Tom Brady can zip a ball into tight coverage like Favre in his prime. Doesn't matter - no uniqueness.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #60
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
These ratings show how much is truly wrong in madden. Mayfield is the highest rated QB. Darnold, consensus best QB prospect since Luck according to everyone except the Browns who are desperate to continue to be stupid is a 75 and only 1 ovr better than Allen, who couldn't hit water if he threw out of a boat. Jackson (WHO I LIKE) wasnt even expected to be a day 2 draft pick at qb for a while and was asked to be open to a position change, comes in as the second best QB. Almost like they are desperate to pander to hype.... weird that
Darnold only started 2 years and struggled quite a bit last year. He has a similar college track record to Mark Sanchez tbh. Far from a sure thing.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #61
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Jackson has a cannon. I have seen him zip it in games. At the combine he probably took some off his throws to try and be more accurate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Most scouts disagree. They say he has an adequate but not exceptional arm. He can flip it, but underthrows a lot of deep balls.

Basically, he is not Mahomes or Favre.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #62
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by F17
That isnít even close to true. Darnold was considered to have great POTENTIAL two years ago. But to be frank, Josh Rosen has the best arm talent out of all these QBs, and ran a Pro style offense for much of his career. Character issues hurt him.

Mayfield plays like Favre but lacks Favre like arm strength.

Darnold has some elusivity and is unafraid of pressure, but he turns the ball over way too much.

Josh Allen has a rocket arm, but he has a bunch of issues with decision making and other problems.

Jackson is inaccurate and under throws deep balls, but is the Barry Sanders of QBs.

Not a single one of these QBs is consensus. The most talented one, I maintain, is Rosen. But he has a grating personality and quarterbacks need to be leaders.

Which brings us back to Mayfield. He is the happy medium between all these guys, and itís probably why he went number one.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=170
Old 07-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
Yeah, all sounds great, like when they explained scheme fits and such in the past and it was bare bone and trash.

Until I'm in game and have gone through several seasons to see how well this works and how AI adapts with it - there is no way I'm touting the feature.

But this still doesn't take away inaccuracies of base stats for players - this just shows that attributes/ratings players have there is very little difference. A Tom Brady can zip a ball into tight coverage like Favre in his prime. Doesn't matter - no uniqueness.
The old ratings doesnít matter assertion. lol
Ok!!!
Old 07-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #64
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The old ratings doesnít matter assertion. lol
Ok!!!
I don't think that in this instance he's saying that ratings don't matter per se, but that the inflation of ratings for many players don't allow for the true strength and weaknesses of players to show in the game thus making all players play practically the same.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »