Home

What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

This is a discussion on What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2018, 12:48 AM   #17
Rookie

BChristensen75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Seattle Match 3...

... oh wait. I forgot. The most popular defense in the NFL isn't in the game. Guess I'll take it back to '85 and run 46.

You can run that. The defense I guess refer more to the fronts rather than the coverages

4th N 1 Commissioner

NFL: Patriots
NBA: Celtics
MLB: Red Sox
NHL: Bruins
NCAA FB & BB: Minnesota Golden Gophers
Old 07-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #18
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I forgot to mention what schemes I'm looking at runnning. I like a short pass game, so I tend to lean towards a west coast offense. I like a plain ole 43 defense but if they have one geared towards the 46 it could be fun to run.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #19
Rookie

BChristensen75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I forgot to mention what schemes I'm looking at runnning. I like a short pass game, so I tend to lean towards a west coast offense. I like a plain ole 43 defense but if they have one geared towards the 46 it could be fun to run.

They do have a 46 one!

4th N 1 Commissioner

NFL: Patriots
NBA: Celtics
MLB: Red Sox
NHL: Bruins
NCAA FB & BB: Minnesota Golden Gophers
Old 07-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll probably run the West Coast with my Redskins. It's what I've run nearly all of my life in Madden and NCAA and even 2k. I don't know if it is a product of growing up around it or what, but it's just naturally what I select and feel most comfortable with. I've tried running vertical schemes, spread like schemes, but West Coast is about all I can run with consistency. A power running attack I can as well, but that's a rather simple scheme once you get your pieces there.

― Plato
Old 07-05-2018, 01:04 AM   #21
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BChristensen75
They do have a 46 one!
They do? Nice. 46 is outdated but if I remember right the 85 Bears used a version of the 46 defense and their defense was considered one of the best ever. So it could be fun. I'll be using the Cards who probably don't have the personal but that's what the draft is for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 11:39 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BChristensen75
So after looking hard core into all the new schemes for m19 I’ve narrowed down what schemes I like!

I really like the Multiple Power for O but the blocking TE turns me away. So I may settle for WC Power O.

Defense I’m not a fan the 43 isn’t both speed rushing ends, but oh well.

I’m the 49ers, Steelers, and Falcons in leagues. So it’ll be fun to run all three a different way!

What schemes are you excited to run/use in your CFMs/with what teams?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Unfortunately you can just pick the scheme that matches your players the most, get the xp boost, but run whatever playbooks you want. So use spread offense but run a power run game playbook for example. People will just use it this way in online cfm.

That being said, in offline cfm I plan to use a house rule where I have to use a playbook that matches my schemes. I've always been a fan of west coast , power run game. On defense I like the flexibility of the 3-4.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

Can you explain further on this. Why can't you let your league use customs? How can that be exploited?
Old 07-05-2018, 12:10 PM   #23
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit4eva
Can you explain further on this. Why can't you let your league use customs? How can that be exploited?

the scheme you pick has no effect on gameplay or what playbooks you use. so you can just pick the scheme that gives your players the most xp but not actually run that scheme. an example from my closed beta franchise was I had a 3-4 defense with 85% match in the 3-4 scheme. however by chance I had a 100% match for the 46 defense scheme. so I was able to pick the 46 as my scheme, get the XP boosts each week from my players matching the scheme, but still run a 3-4 playbook (and never line up in the 46). the same thing happens sometimes on offense. as I mentioned previously - spread is the only scheme that boosts a scrambler QB. so lets say you run a west coast and you want to boost your QB you can just pick spread offense scheme but never run the spread.

as others have pointed out though if you are in a league with friends or trusted people you could regulate this by requiring players to match their playbook with their scheme. just something to watch out for.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
the scheme you pick has no effect on gameplay or what playbooks you use. so you can just pick the scheme that gives your players the most xp but not actually run that scheme. an example from my closed beta franchise was I had a 3-4 defense with 85% match in the 3-4 scheme. however by chance I had a 100% match for the 46 defense scheme. so I was able to pick the 46 as my scheme, get the XP boosts each week from my players matching the scheme, but still run a 3-4 playbook (and never line up in the 46). the same thing happens sometimes on offense. as I mentioned previously - spread is the only scheme that boosts a scrambler QB. so lets say you run a west coast and you want to boost your QB you can just pick spread offense scheme but never run the spread.

as others have pointed out though if you are in a league with friends or trusted people you could regulate this by requiring players to match their playbook with their scheme. just something to watch out for.
I’m sure this is a bit of a self serving bias on my part, but perhaps this isn’t such a bad thing that scheme and playbook don’t have to match. For instance, Rex Ryan’s defenses were principled in his dads 46 but they rarely lined up in classic bear fronts. Same with 90s packers who used Fritz Shurmers double eagle principles but ran a ton of big nickel. Ideally only certain playbooks would be “unlocked” for certain schemes, but you may want certain traits for your players schematically, but run a different playbook. I guess another way to look at it is the Seahawks 4-3 under look which is really a way to run a 3-4 out of a 4-3 (in a very oversimplified nutshell). Basically want 3-4 personel, but you’d use a 4-3 playbook. I doubt EA thinks that deeply, but I guess I could justify it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »