Home

What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

This is a discussion on What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #25
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What madden 19 schemes are you interested in running in online CFM?

One pretty simple league rule solves most of this issue:

- A player starting at a particular position in the depth chart must have their position changed to reflect it. E.g. no starting LTs at C, no FS starting at SS.

To be clear, this isn't about outlawing common positional swaps: let OTs move inside, let a FS move to SS, etc. But if they're #1 on the depth chart, they have to BE that position.

The reason this solves "most" of the issue is that you can't achieve scheme fit dishonestly... say your 3-4 Base calls for a Run Support SS. You have two Zone safeties. You can't have them both at FS but you're starting one at SS on the depth chart so he still gets the XP bonus due to being a Zone archetype FS, which is 'scheme fit.'

Now, while it's true you could run a scheme and pick a PB that doesn't complement this scheme... a lot of the times that won't be ideal. For instance, you have 100% scheme fit along the OL running agile (zone) linemen. But your playbook runs a lot of Power/Iso/Counter. I mean, cool, you can do that. But you won't be as good at running those plays, so is this really a big deal? Or defensively, you run a 3-4 scheme fit. But you pick a 4-3 playbook. Again, sure you CAN. But now you've got slower pass rushers playing OLB who can't drop too well into coverage. Are you really gaming the system to your advantage?

So yes you can give the example of the Scrambler archetype and Spread. There are other instances you could find. But by & large, I don't think this will be much of an issue.

Another thing to keep in mind: as per the previously released info on how schemes work, the listed scheme fit % for your team is anyone who is within 3 OVR of the preferred archetype. 100% scheme fit does NOT mean they're all getting the xp bonus. Only the players who are actual scheme fits get the xp bonus.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 07-05-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
One pretty simple league rule solves most of this issue:

- A player starting at a particular position in the depth chart must have their position changed to reflect it. E.g. no starting LTs at C, no FS starting at SS.

To be clear, this isn't about outlawing common positional swaps: let OTs move inside, let a FS move to SS, etc. But if they're #1 on the depth chart, they have to BE that position.

The reason this solves "most" of the issue is that you can't achieve scheme fit dishonestly... say your 3-4 Base calls for a Run Support SS. You have two Zone safeties. You can't have them both at FS but you're starting one at SS on the depth chart so he still gets the XP bonus due to being a Zone archetype FS, which is 'scheme fit.'

Now, while it's true you could run a scheme and pick a PB that doesn't complement this scheme... a lot of the times that won't be ideal. For instance, you have 100% scheme fit along the OL running agile (zone) linemen. But your playbook runs a lot of Power/Iso/Counter. I mean, cool, you can do that. But you won't be as good at running those plays, so is this really a big deal? Or defensively, you run a 3-4 scheme fit. But you pick a 4-3 playbook. Again, sure you CAN. But now you've got slower pass rushers playing OLB who can't drop too well into coverage. Are you really gaming the system to your advantage?

So yes you can give the example of the Scrambler archetype and Spread. There are other instances you could find. But by & large, I don't think this will be much of an issue.

Another thing to keep in mind: as per the previously released info on how schemes work, the listed scheme fit % for your team is anyone who is within 3 OVR of the preferred archetype. 100% scheme fit does NOT mean they're all getting the xp bonus. Only the players who are actual scheme fits get the xp bonus.
Yeah, I agree with running that rule in a league. The other issue, which is pretty hard to avoid, is this. Guys can move a player to a cheaper position to resign them. For example they can move a LT to C right at resigning, since center salaries are was less then move back to LT. But I do like the rule of making they stay in the position.

I don't like outlawing customs because of the scheme exploit, and like you said its not a guarantee youre going to have a team full of scheme fits. Its actually very unlikely.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #27
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I'm using my Ravens in my online league as always. I'm still trying to decide what to run but it might be a vertical power run to take advantage of the big arm Flacco has, then when I'm ready use Lamar maybe the next season switch to Spread because I think that would be fun!
On defense I'm going to either do regular 4-3 or Multiple 4-3 haven't decided yet. But 4 DL's vs. 3 DL's make more sense to me that's my real only reason for that. More people to rush the QB or stop the run.
Usually my defense is ranked in the top 10 it's my offense that struggles so I hope I can improve that this year. In 18 I made it to the SB one time and lost.... to the Giants funnily enough! Made it in as a Wild Card team too haha!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k19 Universe: The Re-Write Continued
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049554518

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »